A Gap Closer for Operatives

Vamina

lol ops don't need a gap closer, unless they are willing to sacrifice vanish.

Oh, its you again.

How about you go play an Operative before posting how we need to lose our only good defensive cooldown in exchange for something that every melee DPS should have.

EDIT: 500th post :cool:

Edited by Howbadisbad

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a L66 Valor Operative who loves the class... Currently a medic/lethality hybrid.

I have Evasion specced in the medical tree for a 20% speed boost. Small bonus but still a gap closer. Also, I can use debilitate for an additional small speed boost if need be.

I have 2 points specced into Corrosive Grenade in the Lethality tree to provide a nice AOE snare, in addition I will use my cybertech snare grenade in huttball.

While not as game changing as a Jugg/Sorc in Huttball I am by no means useless. Ball carriers fear me, I will snare them with Corrosive Grenade, drop my own dot on them, throw some HOTs on allys, sever tendon, shiv, backstab, cloaking screen, hidden strike.

GG ball carrier.

I top medal charts most of the time, while an equally geared good sorc will heal / dmg a little bit more than me for the most part I find myself a completely reliable class.

- Go raid and find out how much u really do (you come close to top im willing to bet..at least ours does a lot full t3)

WUT?!? Go raiding? We're talking about PvP here not PvE. You're talking about an entirely different scenario. Operatives specialize in short burst damage which is crucial (because of our class) in PvP. PvE is entirely different AND YOU KNOW IT.

Operatives are totally dependent on melee damage and especially high burst damage on opener in PvP. No operative can "slug it out" with any class period. I have played 100s of WZs and the moment I have to go on the defensive I generally lose (unless of course the other class doesn't know what to do after I get stunned).

I'm a L66 Valor Operative who loves the class... Currently a medic/lethality hybrid.

I have Evasion specced in the medical tree for a 20% speed boost. Small bonus but still a gap closer. Also, I can use debilitate for an additional small speed boost if need be.

I have 2 points specced into Corrosive Grenade in the Lethality tree to provide a nice AOE snare, in addition I will use my cybertech snare grenade in huttball.

While not as game changing as a Jugg/Sorc in Huttball I am by no means useless. Ball carriers fear me, I will snare them with Corrosive Grenade, drop my own dot on them, throw some HOTs on allys, sever tendon, shiv, backstab, cloaking screen, hidden strike.

GG ball carrier.

I top medal charts most of the time, while an equally geared good sorc will heal / dmg a little bit more than me for the most part I find myself a completely reliable class.

So.... if you give up all your burst in exchange for some healing, a ranged snare, and a couple mediocre speed boosts and aren't really playing a melee operative anyway, AND take cybertech, you don't need a gap closer? Interesting.

Maybe you just haven't been paying attention, but we're talking about concealment, not lethality and definitely not healing.

GG ball carrier.

Lol, try playing against good players. I will wreck you so hard. And yes I'm a scoundrel scrapper DPS build.

While I do believe we are still very good (if played correctly), the lack of a gap closer is more apparent in huttball ONLY. Our DPS counts for nothing when all it takes is a SMART player to sidestep you and KB you down.

Edited by ocping

because assassins are overpowered?

Don't forget that shiny immune-to-force-and-tech CD god mode. And sprint. And KB. And pull. Oh wow, we're really just a shadow w/o all the above CDs with slightly higher burst DMG and lower sustained and survivability. Well, that sucks.

Don't forget that shiny immune-to-force-and-tech CD god mode. And sprint. And KB. And pull. Oh wow, we're really just a shadow w/o all the above CDs with slightly higher burst DMG and lower sustained and survivability. Well, that sucks.

yeah, if only you had something that assassins didn't, like heals or something...

lol, i guess that's what i get for crashing your pity party. i'm out, feel free to continue without me... rofl

Yeah feel free to enjoy your class rofl? If you can't beat an ops/smuggler 1v1 as shadow/sin you suck plain and simple.

yeah, if only you had something that assassins didn't, like heals or something...

I'm of limited patience when it comes to this nonsense so I'll just start off by calling you ignorant. Now that thats out of the way, and we both understand that I'm going to proceed in a fashion that I would use to deal with a five year old...

Yes Timmy, we have a heal. Unfortunately, since we're not specced into healing it is subject to rediculous pushbacks, a extremely long cast time, and well.. doesn't heal for a lot. It is not something that is viable for combat. It, like all those wonderful green glowy things scattered around the battlefields.. works great for bringing you up after you've escaped, and have found a nice little corner to hide behind. Also Timmy, we have these wonderful things called health packs that work even better.

Last time I played my scoundrel he had stealth as a form of gap closing and tendon blast as reliable snare...

also from a talent tree skill, im pretty sure after using dissappearing act, it increases your movement speed :) i think

You get first strike against the vast majority of your opponents in a game where you have to be standing still to cast/ channel many of your abilities.

You also already have a gun, heals, and an ability to vanish. Are there any threads here from the darth maul enthusiasts asking for a side arm or a rocket launcher?

You get first strike against the vast majority of your opponents in a game where you have to be standing still to cast/ channel many of your abilities.

You also already have a gun, heals, and an ability to vanish. Are there any threads here from the darth maul enthusiasts asking for a side arm or a rocket launcher?

I do believe the only problem I have is us not having a gap closer in huttball. Flat land is fine. Pressing one button and completely nullifying a 95% melee class is not.

The heals, which is really one heal on a 2.5 second cast that heals for about 2k and is susceptible to pushback, is negligible. It's literally a waste of energy to cast it in combat. Assassin's ability to spam taunts off the global cooldown for 0 resource cost and prevent damage to the whole group is far superior to the crappy excuse for healing Concealment Ops get. The gun just means you have a weak Rifle Shot, weaker than the Assassin auto attack by a few hundred damage. It also means Operatives have three 30 meter attacks, all of which are lackluster besides Frag Grenade (hits for about 800 damage). Assassins also have some ranged attacks, including a ranged stun which is probably better than any ranged attack an Operative gets. Finally, both classes can vanish. Your argument is invalid.

Yeah feel free to enjoy your class rofl? If you can't beat an ops/smuggler 1v1 as shadow/sin you suck plain and simple.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in china. EVERY non-healer OP complaint boils down to 1 thing YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR ROLE! Seriously, what do you think you're getting when you roll a stealth class? I have no doubt that some of you idiots think you should be mercs with invisibility and that would be balanced.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in china. EVERY non-healer OP complaint boils down to 1 thing YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR ROLE! Seriously, what do you think you're getting when you roll a stealth class? I have no doubt that some of you idiots think you should be mercs with invisibility and that would be balanced.

Again your argument makes no sense. There are two stealth classes in this game and one of the two is superior in every possible way.

It's not about "not understanding our role". It is that our role can be filled much, much better by an Assassin.

Again your argument makes no sense. There are two stealth classes in this game and one of the two is superior in every possible way.

It's not about "not understanding our role". It is that our role can be filled much, much better by an Assassin.

If you think the shadow is better than the scoundrel, I don't know what to tell you.

Here's the thing: You don't see too many people whining about the shadow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.