The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rail Shot talent reset Bug

PeachesBBT

Anyone else finding with the latest patch that the Pyrotech talent Prototype Particle Accelerator that resets Rail Shot isn't working as intended? I have no idea how this happened, but I'm surprised it is, as well as not seeing any threads about it. I can't play my Powertech until this is fixed, and yes it was the same case yesterday.

Been pvp'n in CP build and it seems to be working fine. But since you didnt say what you thought was wrong I dont really know.

After the Rail Shot is reset, I am unable to use it as the icon stays dark. It's as if the 15 second regular timer works without any icon indication, and I'm supposed to be able to use Rail Shot with that talent after it resets from a chance of using flame burst and kick. Visually I see the CD reset but cannot use it for 15 seconds. I have not tried this in PvE, so small chance it works as normal then. I also haven't paid attention to the heat buildup, but have noticed an overall overheating more often since patch (but that could be my bias).

Just came on here to post about this.

Everything works fine except the 8 heat is not being vented(superheated rail). Im gonna try respeccing and see if that fixes it.

Target must be burning in order to vent 8 heat.

As of last night I had no issues with this. The 8 heat vented properly and the procs appeared to proc fine.

As of last night I had no issues with this. The 8 heat vented properly and the procs appeared to proc fine.

It's definitely still not working, and yes the target is burning. I stand there doing lame damage while my opponent rips into me cause Rail Shot reset fails miserably. It's game breaking to me, and venting heat already kind of sucks in extended PvP, though I'm uncertain how a PT compares in an extended fight with other classes (group vs. group would a pyro PT fail due to too much heat?). I'm not waiting around for them to fix this crap.

Yeah i tested with a guildy, got to like 85 heat while burning and then hit rail shot with free proc while hovering over the heat bar. heat just stayed the same with the slow dissipation rate.

My procs are working fine, and im getting the rail shot for free, just not venting heat when i should be for some reason.

Respeced earlier before i logged but haven't got to test it yet.

Now I understand why I was having such a hard time with heat in HM's last night.

Tested just now and its not refunding 8 heat for me either.

Does resetting talents fix it ?

EDIT: Resetting talents doesn't fix it. How does Bioware manage to mess up specs they don't even mess with?

Edited by dBaseD