Stealth is completely broken.

BWHORN

They tell me that the people at SWTOR read these.

If so please ignore the people who posted here who clearly don't stealth, and seem to have a certain amount of contempt for stealthers.

Stealth is broken.

While I have an enormous number of issues with the game, broken stealth is the one that most often affects me.

Besides disconnections, that is, which affect me constantly.

Everyone's opinion is important. BioWare should not ignore any poster no matter how hard they troll. Feedback is important.

As for stealth, I don't have this issue with my Operative. I've never seen Kaliyo run back into a group of enemies after I've used Cloaking Screen, especially if it's after she died.

Damage over time attacks break your stealth because they cause damage. As far as I can tell, my Operative doesn't have an equivalent to my Shadow's Resilience to free her from those effects.

Also, stealth is not intended to make you completely invisible, undetectable, or invulnerable. That's just not how the system is designed. The description of the Stealth ability even says "makes you difficult to detect."

Your best bet is to fire off Cloaking Screen, fire off Sneak, and hope to the Force that your damage over time effects don't tick.

^This is the only problem i have with stealth on my Assassin. And this ^ is extremly annoying as it make me feel like a total ****** to facepull cuz i was in stealth. Also once the big orange is on you, unstealthing doesnt stop the boss from facepulling you. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE AND ITS EXTRA LAME.

Aside from that stealth works perfectly for me, and i love it very much. So much in fact that its difficult to play a toon who can't stealth now. >.<

You can avoid the orange targeting icon a few ways as an Assassin/Shadow. I play a Shadow. I activate Blackout (raises stealth level) and then activate Force Speed (increases speed significantly for 2 seconds) and get as far as possible from the enemy. I don't know the names of the Assassin abilities, but I'm sure the icon is the same and the name is similar. Got to love BioWare's copy and pasting :(. Anyway, that almost always keeps them from engaging me in combat and making a boss fight extra difficult.

Everyone's opinion is important. BioWare should not ignore any poster no matter how hard they troll. Feedback is important.

As for stealth, I don't have this issue with my Operative. I've never seen Kaliyo run back into a group of enemies after I've used Cloaking Screen, especially if it's after she died.

Damage over time attacks break your stealth because they cause damage. As far as I can tell, my Operative doesn't have an equivalent to my Shadow's Resilience to free her from those effects.

Also, stealth is not intended to make you completely invisible, undetectable, or invulnerable. That's just not how the system is designed. The description of the Stealth ability even says "makes you difficult to detect."

Your best bet is to fire off Cloaking Screen, fire off Sneak, and hope to the Force that your damage over time effects don't tick.

Stealth is not intended to make you invisible or invulnerable.

However, Cloaking Screen says right in the description that you immediately exit combat and become nearly impossible to detect for 10 seconds.

That doesn't even cover Sneak, which raises your Stealth by 15 levels, making you for all intents and purposes invisible.

It also doesn't cover the fact that I have spec'd myself for max stealth, which is +3 stealth to start with.

We should not listen to the "opinions" of people who post in this thread to dispute the fact that there is a problem with stealth.

Several people have reported that they have had these problems. I am reporting that I am having these problems.

It is not appropriate for people to post on this thread that I am either lying about having this problem, or that I don't understand how stealth works.

Especially if they don't use stealth themselves and have contempt for people who use stealth because it prevents them from T-bagging us.

I don't think it is a good idea to give their opinions the same weight because they are just in here causing trouble.

Edited by BWHORN

Was reported multiple times in the customer serves forum already, seems like that truly happens.

I was being sarcastic about the people who come into the thread just to deny that we are having the problem several of us are reporting.

Sorry if you missed my point.

Edited by BWHORN

There are a couple of bugs with stealth, But it is not 'completely broken'. I play an assassin and an op and have had great success using stealth many times.

There are some bugs that should be addressed, but most of the complaints about stealth are a result of operator error, and not the mechanic itself.

hint: don't try to restealth while you are getting hit by a DOT. It doesn't, and should not work.

hint: remain operationally aware. if someone wanders across you while you are AFK'ed in a stupid place, you deserve to die.

hint: there is no reason stealth should be a 'perfect defense', because it is already a near-perfect offense ability. It allows you to choose your targets for maximum destruction, and allows a greater measure of safety than nearly any other ability.

It also can make you rich. I slice and can clear out an entire area stealthily in mere minutes with barely a fight or two, go back and do it again. and again. none of that junk about having to clear out mobs the whole way.

the bugs should specifically be reported as individual bugs... but those individual situations by no means make for a 'completely broken' product.

::TL/DR version::

stealth has a few minor glitches, but otherwise it kicks butt.

actually, I see a lot of these bugs reported by exactly the same people...random disconnections, graphic glitches, weirdisms with controls and stealth and ability activations, and I have to wonder if these things are connected somehow...

i wish the OP would say what kind of chip is being used, video card, network connection (lan, wired, wireless) what ISP/type of connection is being used, and stuff like what sort of router is being used, and whether or not you are using a packet sniffer.

I know that a ton of weird glitches in wow occurred due to a router configuration problem, or the fact that people were trying to cheat by using a packet sniffer/packet dropper. especially stealthers that were using packet droppers to 'rapid teleport' and force the server to help them kill people in PVP, due to dropped packet rules.

you wouldn't be using an old piece of packet dropper software, would you? Something like netlimiter perhaps?

Edited by VelnikSP

I'm your rep mirror - scoundrel, recently i DID have my companion rushing back on atack after sucesfull(!) escape. Which means I escape, we are cloacked, we move aside to heal\regen\cc and then Corso suddenly does BOOM.

Anyone, could you point me a thread in a support about this one? I was just trying to understand could it be my fault or a bug (though - I cant imagine what could I do to make it happen, he's in defence, no combat on me, and he pulls).

Stealth itself is ok, imo. If you dont hug mobs, at least. Most of areas DO have special ways designed to sneak through. Mobs are put so, that packs CAN be skipped. And if not - here's your "superstealth" on a cd. But combat stealth (title depends on class) does seem to have issues both in pvp and pve. It's just a wrong place to discuss bugs.

Don't tell me that I am the cause of my difficulties with stealth when other people are reporting the same thing.

By the way, I have a top of the line i7, and I am not attempting to cheat or get by with anything.

As far as going somewhere else, that is the second time someone has told me to go.

So I'll say it again- I received a link from customer service in an email.

This is where they told me to go with this.

So it pisses me off to hear people say I am in the wrong place, as if I am some kind of idiot.

I have reported all of these bugs individually, in multiple tickets.

Their response was to send me here.

I played the beta, and reported these bugs then.

Many of the tickets were closed without any attempt to fix the problem.

Now you are telling me to go somewhere else.

Wonder why none of these bugs get fixed?

I have 3 months on my subscription. After that I am out of here.

Enjoy F2P.

Edited by BWHORN

Stealth has killed me more often than it has saved me.

if I am detected in stealth, the mobs begin fighting me while I am still stealthed.

I do not come out of stealth, and can't fight back.

So they wail on me until I turn stealth off myself.

If I decide to use Cloaking Screen often I am struck by a fire ball or something else that breaks my stealth and gets me killed.

Or, I successfully enter stealth but can't exit combat.

This will sometimes create a situation where my companion is dead, and I am severely wounded, but I am still in combat.

So I can't heal, I can't dismiss my companion, and I can't exit combat.

The only remaining option is to allow myself to be killed so that I can call the medical probe.

if I do manage to exit combat, often when I leave stealth my companion will inexplicably run back toward the enemies we just left and get herself killed, which draws me back into the fight we just tried to avoid.

Which makes Cloaking Screen pointless, and in some cases worse than nothing at all.

Cloaking screen should END COMBAT. Period. If it does not it is worthless.

This is an actual bug.

Companions, if any effect be it a DoT, passive abilitiy what have you, if it is in effect or lands on the companion within the first second of you activating your vanish skill they will run back to attack the enemies. This is a companion AI bug not a bug with the vanish ability.

Work around. Vanish and spam passive constantly on your companion bar. It works about 80% of the time.

Secondly you can let him die while you run away to do the other work around to get out of combat. Once your out of combat using the work around to the second bug, summon another companion then the companion you where using and he will come back with full health right next to you.

The second bug of it not removing you from combat is fairly easy to work around actually.

Has worked 100% of the time for me so far.

You pop your vanish ability and your still in combat. (see companion work around above for companion work around) Unless you have a dot affecting you the mobs that you used your vanish ability one will not still be beating on you. You can still be seen by other mobs how ever so you need to be careful when using this work around. Run Away!!! get a couple rooms away usually 2 or 4 and de stealth. They of course will still be agroed on you and run towards you. However should you be far enough away they will hit there range from there spawn point and deagro you and run back.

Do companion work around if needed and then report the bug as normal. Enough bug reports they will start paying attention sooner or later.

Heal up. Go kill the guys that made you have to vanish.

Repeat as needed till these bugs are fixed.

Bug when a mob with "stealth detect" sees me, yet I'm farther behind the others in my group. Needs fixed.

Bug when being attacked, but does not break my stealth. Needs fixed.

The being stealthed, trying to use something, but won't let you UNTIL YOU BREAK STEALTH YOURSELF, needs fixed.