Warning: Do not play a melee if you want to have post 50.

JonnyLoveMachine

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done plenty of HM's with out a tank.

No melee at all either? (Honest question...)

Although most MMOs' have this problem. People enjoy ranged combat, but eventually you'll see melee get buffed so that they can compete, thus the spiral of nerfs and buffs begins viciously.

Hammerstation / foundry / d7.. all done with out a tank.

No melee at all either? (Honest question...)

Although most MMOs' have this problem. People enjoy ranged combat, but eventually you'll see melee get buffed so that they can compete, thus the spiral of nerfs and buffs begins viciously.

Well I was the only melee.

I am one of the best Marauders on my server. I top most meters (objectives included). The problem is that if I played a Sorc... I would own the crap out of my marauder.

How is topping most meters (objectives included) being punished for playing a marauder?

Just because you think it's possible you could do better with another class?

Looks to me like you do pretty well with him.

Do boarding party with a melee on end boss.. Tell me how that goes.

Can you not read? I've done it. My jugg is in full rakata and im the mt of my guild. Ive done every operation on every difficulty and all the HM FPs. Melee is fine. If you're having that much trouble roll ranged or quit the game.

I am one of the best Marauders on my server. I top most meters (objectives included). The problem is that if I played a Sorc... I would own the crap out of my marauder.

To paraphrase. . .

My scissors beat the crap out of paper, Im one of the best scissors, but if I played my rock, Id beat my scissors everytime. . . .

Examples? Some trees are melee with some ranged capabilities, but no AC has a full melee AND full ranged talent tree option.
Scoundrel is a ranged healer or melee dps.

I remember someone claiming that one of the dps trees for Vanguard was basically a melee dps tree, one was a ranged dps tree, and one was a ranged tanking tree.

Balance shadow is supposedly quasi ranged/melee hybrid, though I have no experience playing that.

Edited by ferroz

You know, PvP isn't about who did top damage....YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

You will be punished for it later after 50.

WZ: You will be a human ping pong in every BG. You might be able to take a caster here and there but that is only 1v1.

PVE: You will not be taken to ANY end game content as you are just a liability due to terrible mechanics that punish melee.

Other problems with this pile:

IA Nerf with out fixing their sustainability.

Water Nerf with out giving Non Hybrid classes a decent out of combat heal that doesn't break on dot damage.

Leaving combat in a WZ with no one around you is LOL.

Huttball HORRIBLY designed for ANY melee to play in.

TLDR: SWTOR = F2P in less than 6 months. Once they realize all they have left is Sorc/Sages + Merc / Comm's + Tank classes. Amazing how terrible this game continues to be. You had 2 months start fixing it. All you have done is made stuff worse.

INC BIOFAIL FANBOI BRIDGADE - All because they haven't hit 50 yet and have seen how broken the end game is.

/flamesuit on

Can I have your stuff?