When is RE going to be fixed?

Shimmer-Holler

When is this going to be fixed, tired of blowing mats on making things to RE only to not get anything in return or You already know that schematic.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2613451#edit2613451

The reverse engineering return rate is not currently working as intended. In an upcoming patch, we are improving the reverse engineering rates – especially for the higher-level items. We are also looking into the issue where a player receives "You already know that schematic" instead of learning a new research variation.

Patrick Malott

Systems Designer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is this going to be fixed, tired of blowing mats on making things to RE only to not get anything in return or You already know that schematic.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2613451#edit2613451

The reverse engineering return rate is not currently working as intended. In an upcoming patch, we are improving the reverse engineering rates – especially for the higher-level items. We are also looking into the issue where a player receives "You already know that schematic" instead of learning a new research variation.

Patrick Malott

Systems Designer

The RE problem is not even listed in the know issues thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5533

We need some more feedbak on this from the powers that be.

Does this bug only affect certain professions? I haven't noticed it in Synthweaving or Biochem.

My Synthweaver has had a harder time RE'ing lately, but not horribly bad; however, my Cybertech RE rate is absolutely horrible, much worse than before.

It could just be badluck, who knows :(

Does this bug only affect certain professions? I haven't noticed it in Synthweaving or Biochem.

No, it only affects certain people and only affects them at certain times.

This "bug", to clarify, is called "RNG" and the devs are going to "fix" this bug by making RE rates easier so that people won't complain so much.

This "bug", to clarify, is called "RNG" and the devs are going to "fix" this bug by making RE rates easier so that people won't complain so much.

The sarcasm isn't helpful.

One of my guildmates reported a bug with artifice that wasn't letting him reverse engineer any recipe that was gray skill. I definitely don't have that problem with biochem, as I've managed to get the purple version of a whole bunch of gray recipes.

As far as I know it affects all crafting professions. As a synthweaver, I've gotten the "You already know that Schematic" message 5 times in my pursuit of getting the Veracity Carbon Fiber chest piece. I've reverse engineered the blue Redoubt Carbon Fiber chest piece over 200 times. Some say it's just RNG, that may be true, but they should have never allowed the rediscovery of the same pattern. When someone procs a discovery, they should actually discover something.

The sarcasm isn't helpful.

Honestly I couldn't care less how helpful it is or isn't. The ONLY thing to strive for in this crafting system is most likely going to be ruined because Bioware decided to listen to a few people complaining on the forums while ignoring all the people crafting away happily in-game. My empathy for the people crying is long gone.

Honestly I couldn't care less how helpful it is or isn't. The ONLY thing to strive for in this crafting system is most likely going to be ruined because Bioware decided to listen to a few people complaining on the forums while ignoring all the people crafting away happily in-game. My empathy for the people crying is long gone.

Relax, Larkie. Maybe, just maybe, BioWare has a better appreciation for how they want reverse engineering to work than you do. It's their game, and if they say it isn't working as intended, that means exactly what it sounds like: it's not working as intended.

I'm inclined to agree with BioWare on this one, and I think that dedicated crafters should be very interested in knowing when BioWare intends to tweak the RNG for reverse engineering. I know that I, personally, have pretty much ceased reverse engineering for the time being, except for where I'm trying to grind up a crafting skill.

Hypocrite. qq about people qq ing. Voice your concerns more logically or at least think them through before rage posting.

Ty, have a nice day

I am in no way, shape or form an advocate of gimme anything. I am actually perfectly fine with the RE process and the money/time/material sink that it is. My only issues are these:

1. Fix the "You already know this schematic" thing. Why known schematics are still in the roll for discovery is just poor coding and a lack of foresight on the programers part. Bang up job guy whoever you are.

2. Remove presence items from the T2 line. Presence needs to be a T1 discovery (needs to be Critical/Redoubt/Overkill/Presence). The amount of materials and time wasted on a T2 (especially a 118>126>126) RE are staggering to begin with. The insult to injury is getting a Presence stat item as your first T2 discovery...then on your second you get the above message. BW, I challenge you to find one player that has a smile on their face when they get a Presence schem. Presence is not a viable T2 stat (T2 gear at lvl 50 is entry level raid/HM FP gear) and has no place in T2 equipment.

3. Stat scaling on improved schematics. If item rating changes, so should the End/WP/Str stats. Going from a 118/116 to 126 is essentially an armoring change yet there is no change in stats. Make armor crafting viable by making the schematic discoveries worth it to the crafter and the potential buyer.

PLEASE!! Read the Dev tracker sum-up posted at the top of the community page and you will see the things you are all talking about ARE being addressed and ARE known issues. Then go back to having fun.

Yes, RE chance has been discussed and the "you already know this schematic" issue has been discussed and will be "looked in to". Which means, they'll get around to it when they get around to it. Right now the devs are hard at work fixing game breaking bugs and quality of life issues like baby names and adding a /version command.

I have yet to see disscussion from the devs talking about armor crafting stats or how completely and utterly useless Presence is.

Perhaps someone can point me to that.

And then we can have purple everything. It will be so good for the game's economy.

My Synthweaver has had a harder time RE'ing lately, but not horribly bad; however, my Cybertech RE rate is absolutely horrible, much worse than before.

It could just be badluck, who knows :(

I'm having the exact same problem. Last week, I could RE a few greens and pretty much get the upgrade. This week, I've RE'd about 15 greens for Skill Armoring 12 and nada! Anyone else with this problem?

I am sorry but RE is annoying to say the least! I have been trying for 2 weeks/ over 100 RE's to get my purple implants... this would not be an issue IF when i send my companion out for blue mats, they brought back 10+ of them, then I wouldn't care, its sending my companion out to get mats and they come back with 2? ***!!!!! it costs 4 just to make one! I am lucky i have guildies who have helped provide me with mats or you are talking 4+ weeks to get an implant THAT in that time I would have EASILY replaced with a Purple PvP/PvE implant, Why craft then? Crafting should be useful and the at the rate it is takeing me, it is of no use in endgame. Edited by TheRiddick

I am sorry but RE is annoying to say the least! I have been trying for 2 weeks/ over 100 RE's to get my purple implants... this would not be an issue IF when i send my companion out for blue mats, they brought back 10+ of them, then I wouldn't care, its sending my companion out to get mats and they come back with 2? ***!!!!! it costs 4 just to make one! I am lucky i have guildies who have helped provide me with mats or you are talking 4+ weeks to get an implant THAT in that time I would have EASILY replaced with a Purple PvP/PvE implant, Why craft then? Crafting should be useful and the at the rate it is takeing me, it is of no use in endgame.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's designed so that you can craft your own twink pieces as you're leveling. That would be a little OP I think. I'm guessing they intend for you to reach 50 and start crafting artifact quality items to sell on the galactic market. Just my interpretation.

Here's the deal. I've been determined to RE a blue pattern for a Vibroknife for my IA. I've now RE 65 _EACH_ of the Level 13 and Level 17 Vibroknife without getting a single blue pattern. Furthermore, TorHead has not had anyone submit more data on either of these green Vibroknives. I'm convinced that you freakin' CAN NOT proc a blue on either of these patterns.

I've got about 25 purple patterns on my Armstech, at least 60 purple patterns and no telling how many blue patterns on my Synthweave (I easily have the most purple patterns Republic side judging by the GTN), and 20ish purple patterns on each of my other crafters (one of each skill, all level 400). So I know a thing or two about the current "normal" RE rates.

Has ANYONE seen a blue pattern on these (or any so I can test my theory) Vibroknives?

I put forth that, in addition to all the other issues, there are some patterns that are just freakin' broke. I guess I could take these both to 100 each and find out (because even if it's a flat non-adusting 5%, at least one of them should proc a blue by 100, right? I said should BTW).

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. I for one am against an adjustment to the RE rates because I have done the hard work on my Synthweave already but I certainly understand the frustration given my luck with my Armstech... However, whether they adjust them or not, we really should be told if there are some patterns that are flat out broke...