Cloaked hoods. Do we always have to have em up?

Lastchylde

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else gets kind of perturbed that we Jedi always seem to have to wear our ugly hoods up (unless wearing a headpiece that counteracts it like the stupid looking Jordi LaForge visor). Not tryin to complain too much here, but I play a girl knight and during cut scenes or any time I zoom in on her face to take a screen cap it looks like shes a kemo patient (bald) under the hood. I hate having to wear the hood up all the time anyhow. I feel like I'm at a ren-faire and not playing a fantasy sci-fi game half the time. It's not a good look regardless. It gets tiresome always getting hooded chest pieces as well. I know, I know guardians can wear some armored chest pieces and sentinels can wear gear for smugglers sometimes as well, but honestly the Jedi gear needs some changes. Just sayin...

Perhaps in the future or maybe in development BioWare could implement a hood on or off function for us, kind of like how during the cut scenes for other classes the helms/face masks are removed. Just a suggestion!

I really don't know how others feel about this issue. I'll probably get flamed for this post but hey I'm just curious. :)

Everyone wants more variety in their look, and it seems very strange that they made it so all the hoods are up while all the promo material from the game has the hoods down.

The only "flame" I'll throw at you is that there are already 4562425000987364873560 threads on this exact subject ;). And have you seen the PvP armor? If not, there's a thread dedicated to hating it on page 1 of this board.

It seems like such a trivial thing but after playing my sentinel for so long I really can't stand it. At many points I constantly see my this baldness which would be fine if I was playing a Rattataki or made her bald at the start but I am not and did not. I feel like I wasted my time in character creator messing with her hair. Even if they toggled off the hood for the dialogue it would still irritate me in close quarters because I constantly see myself as bald and my friend who plays with me sees it too. Sure it's a trivial cosmetic thing, but it's still annoying.

I wish they had the hide helmet like in (correct me if I am wrong) Dragon Age 2 were you would have a helmet on and in cut scenes it would be off. It would make more sense because if you are talking you would probably take off your hood.

• 1 year later...
I agree. Either give us a "hood toggle" or provide a lot more orange gear options without hoods.

I remember playing Dark Age of Camelot back in the days, and they had a "/hood" command to hood and unhood...

Bioware should consider that to add in the game.

I remember playing Dark Age of Camelot back in the days, and they had a "/hood" command to hood and unhood...

Bioware should consider that to add in the game.

This sounds like a good idea.

I like my armour but want to wear my hood down!

Be like me.

Drop the $ buy the Valiant Jedi Armor. Hoods down and it looks niiiicccceee!

Or the conservators set both classic and normal also is very "Jedi" and has hood down.

If you can't drop the $ for it, don't complain... Its like 10 bux or even less if you have your monthly cartel coin Allowance

How about an orange adaptive armour piece that has no graphic, but occupies the helmet slot (ie. it would suppress the hood the way a helmet would, but wouldn't actually show anything. I know there's just such an item now that shows the bare chest in place of a chest armour.

How about an orange adaptive armour piece that has no graphic, but occupies the helmet slot (ie. it would suppress the hood the way a helmet would, but wouldn't actually show anything. I know there's just such an item now that shows the bare chest in place of a chest armour.

That's not what people are usually asking for with the hood down option. Having a helmet, visor, etc., just removes the hood entirely, rather than putting it down on the character's back.

And the answer is not the Cartel Market, either. It's nice that they have some hood down costumes there, but I want this to work with all the costume options out there. And yeah... it's bad enough that hiding the head slot is a Cartel unlock for those not subscribing already. :(