Calm down...

HyperThomas

1) Let BioWare do their job. The game has only been out for 2 months, yet people are quitting because it is not quite up to their 'gaming standards'.

2) Stop posting about quitting... we honestly do not care... go back to play WoW.

3) Things will get better... more and more bug fixes are coming in the patches... and we started to see new content just 1 month after launch.

4) There is more on the way for PvP... a new warzone... I have only seen 1 or 2 threads about this... Surely this is exciting news? Why is it not discussed more? Why do people always focus on the negatives?

5) The rest of the threads on this forum seem to be named "omgzzzzzz nerff sorcss and mercsss!" or something along those lines. L2P and L2 adapt... or leave and quit crying.

I forget...how long did they have from anouncement to llaunch to work on/test the game?

3 years or something... which I believe is about right for an MMO.

Things go wrong... and people just have to deal with the bugs until they are fixed...

If they do not like bugs, they should play a regular RPG.

Edited by HyperThomas

OP is essentially on the right track.

In my slightly rage-y opinion, individuals who have their heart set on complaining can either

• Do so constructively, or
  • Send me vials of their tears that I will bathe in each morning before queueing up for warzones

That is all.

I forget...how long did they have from anouncement to llaunch to work on/test the game?

Swtor was announced October 21, 2008

WoW was announced September 2, 2001

Swtor was released December 13, 2011

WoW was released November 23, 2004

So wow took 3 years, 2 months and 21 days to release after they announced it..

And Swtor took 3 years 2 months and 2 days to release after they announced it.. So really Swtor took 19 days less to release than the most successful mmo..

And if you say WoW didn't have as many bugs at launch I am going to laugh in your face.

Edited by Mcfondles

And Swtor took 3 years 2 months and 2 days to release after they announced it.. So really Swtor took 19 days less to release than the most successful mmo..

And if you say WoW didn't have as many bugs at launch I am going to laugh in your face.

Why keeps people comparing game's releases ? Should we say because everquest got ******** of bugs at release it is what we should get nowadays ?

and swtor had better tech and all of wows experiance...not a hater at all but time has moved on

No matter the decade creating something as large as an mmo.. It is going to have bugs.. They need time after it is released to the general public so they can help them discover these bugs and eventually fix them.. All the technology in the world won't show you every possible bug in a game before it is launched(you need copious amounts of players to make you aware of them)

The complainers on these forums expect Swtor to be some perfectly bug free, completely balanced game that has all of the content they could ever dream of and more straight from it's launch.. Why? Is it because it needs to "beat" WoW?

No, it doesn't.. Which is why I agree with the title of this thread "Calm down..."

1) Let BioWare do their job. The game has only been out for 2 months, yet people are quitting because it is not quite up to their 'gaming standards'.

2) Stop posting about quitting... we honestly do not care... go back to play WoW.

3) Things will get better... more and more bug fixes are coming in the patches... and we started to see new content just 1 month after launch.

4) There is more on the way for PvP... a new warzone... I have only seen 1 or 2 threads about this... Surely this is exciting news? Why is it not discussed more? Why do people always focus on the negatives?

5) The rest of the threads on this forum seem to be named "omgzzzzzz nerff sorcss and mercsss!" or something along those lines. L2P and L2 adapt... or leave and quit crying.

WOW just spot on, thanks for this! hope the crying lil kids get this and something clicks but sadly i dont think it will, but Great post!

I start the day calm and looking forward to PvP. An hour or so later I turn in my dailies and have 30 more champ commendations (aka 2 BM bags and no BM item) and it just leaves me frustrated again. Play til guildmates take a break and then go back to Kingdsoms of Amalur or something else.

This is one thing that seems obvious. I don't necessarily want it to be easy. I just want it to be fair. If they want me to have an average of 4 BM commendations per week, then make sure I progress at that rate (aka, give me 1 commendation per bag and quadruple the price). I am currently 0/7 (missed the Ilum daily 4 times last week thanks to it being broken on Jung Ma) and a guildmate is 2/23. That means that between the two of us we are 2/30. And then there are some people that will have 15-20 commendations by the time they open 30 bags. Did they "earn" them any more than us? No, they did the exact same thing but were luckier.

Even at a consistent 4 BM commendations per week it would take months to have full BM gear. So you cannot say that I am asking for "free purples". I just want to feel like I am progressing. It reminds me of max level dungeons in Warhammer Online. I went to the T2 dungeon 33 times. I had 3 drops to show for it, 1 of which was the belt that I bought on the AH. Because I only had 2 "wards" I could not progress with my guild to the next dungeon until Mythic changed some things. Funny how Mythic has had their hands on 2 games that have been so frustrating.

Despite the fact there are many things that I enjoy about this game, this is something that is frustrating and is a huge turn off. So I can see how people get so frustrated by aspects of this game. Many are posting because they actually care about the game and do not want to quit but are considering it out of frustration. Some are trolls just causing trouble, but I bet plenty are hoping that the handful of things that make them want to quit get fixed because they enjoy everything else.

quit messages are feedback and as such are more worthy than blind fanboism.

when the game has no pvp population left and goes f2p because no longevity was designed into it the devs are going to want to know why, the quit threads will provide this.

I start the day calm and looking forward to PvP. An hour or so later I turn in my dailies and have 30 more champ commendations (aka 2 BM bags and no BM item) and it just leaves me frustrated again. Play til guildmates take a break and then go back to Kingdsoms of Amalur or something else.

This is one thing that seems obvious. I don't necessarily want it to be easy. I just want it to be fair. If they want me to have an average of 4 BM commendations per week, then make sure I progress at that rate (aka, give me 1 commendation per bag and quadruple the price). I am currently 0/7 (missed the Ilum daily 4 times last week thanks to it being broken on Jung Ma) and a guildmate is 2/23. That means that between the two of us we are 2/30. And then there are some people that will have 15-20 commendations by the time they open 30 bags. Did they "earn" them any more than us? No, they did the exact same thing but were luckier.

Even at a consistent 4 BM commendations per week it would take months to have full BM gear. So you cannot say that I am asking for "free purples". I just want to feel like I am progressing. It reminds me of max level dungeons in Warhammer Online. I went to the T2 dungeon 33 times. I had 3 drops to show for it, 1 of which was the belt that I bought on the AH. Because I only had 2 "wards" I could not progress with my guild to the next dungeon until Mythic changed some things. Funny how Mythic has had their hands on 2 games that have been so frustrating.

Despite the fact there are many things that I enjoy about this game, this is something that is frustrating and is a huge turn off. So I can see how people get so frustrated by aspects of this game. Many are posting because they actually care about the game and do not want to quit but are considering it out of frustration. Some are trolls just causing trouble, but I bet plenty are hoping that the handful of things that make them want to quit get fixed because they enjoy everything else.

Constructive feedback like this is what BioWare needs more of.

if bioware let you have all your BM gear you would simply just quit the game because that would be the end of gear progression and you would have nothing to do.

Pretty much.

Hey, it's their money and maybe they have different standards than you. Or maybe they're affected by a bug that you're not and it's still not fixed after 2 months. For some people, the investment is already $75 and they felt it wasn't worth continuing to pay for.

Some people provide constructive feedback when they quit, and give reasons why. This can be helpful.

That's all great, except they've continued to fail at fixing some bugs that have been present since launch. There are a few which have even been included in patch notes as "fixed" when they clearly were not, so you have to understand why people are upset.

Adding a new Warzone and more same-faction play will not fix the underlying issue. Faction imbalance. Imps have a 3:1 or 4:1 advantage on most servers, which means they will have 3:1 or 4:1 the amount of Battlemasters to compete against. Ilum is completely broken/laggy/etc. and a lot of people are hoping for some open-world PvP instead of more WZs. They should fix what's already in place before adding new content.

I'm guessing you play one of those 2 classes?

It seems to me that Bioware is having a hard time prioritizing, or they have too many different teams working on different areas of the game and there is a communication breakdown somewhere between those teams and the community.

I agree that they've made some positive changes since launch and they have managed to fix some bugs. But there are still many outstanding bugs that have been around far too long which were supposedly fixed in prior patches but were not. The fact that they've managed to break things every single patch does not sit well with me or a lot of other players. They seems to be dumping a lot of time and effort into patch "1.2" but I'm very nervous that they will introduce even more bugs and/or not fix the ones that they have now.

Everyone has different expectations and different levels of service that they deem acceptable. So far for me the game has been pretty fun. The customer support needs work and they really need to get their act together with bug fixes and communication. If they fix Ilum sometime soon I will be happy but I haven't even seen them address it as an issue.

1) Let BioWare do their job. The game has only been out for 2 months, yet people are quitting because it is not quite up to their 'gaming standards'..

You're missing the point, the direction they are sailing in is as bad as what they have already. People whine because the future of this game appears to be more of the same as what we have now. Quality is lacking not quantity, but it's quantity that appears to be getting attention.

Never played wow, but maybe you should stop posting about people posting about quitting. If people want to post about their rage they have no less entitlement than you to post fanboi threads.

See rebuttal 1

See rebuttal 1 again...

Should people just no use this section of the forum at all to keep you happy?

I do get tired of reading how every class is OP, but sometimes these discussions do contain some worthwhile information.

Overall this is a very good PvE game, but the PvP is not good.

I've done enough of both to have quenched my thirst for them so I will not be subbing when my TC runs out.

Edited by Gwal