If My Heal is 1.5sec Cast & Global Is 1.5sec What Use Is...

Cempa

If my heal is 1.5sec cast and global is 1.5sec what use are stats that reduce activation time?

If my Dark Heal cast time is now less than 1.5 won't I still need to wait the 1.5 sec to cast it again anyway?

The reason I ask is in PvP I need to cast several Dark Heals -never EVER just one- so I just stand there holding my manPARTSinMYhands while the global finishes even if my Dark Heal is nearly 1 sec.

What gives?

Alacrity also reduces the global cooldown for cast-time abilities if their modified cast time falls under 1.5 seconds. Example, if you have 20% Alacrity, casting Dark Heal would have a 1.2 second cast, and because it dropped under 1.5 second, would also have a 1.2 second GCD.

Alacrity also reduces the global cooldown for cast-time abilities if their modified cast time falls under 1.5 seconds. Example, if you have 20% Alacrity, casting Dark Heal would have a 1.2 second cast, and because it dropped under 1.5 second, would also have a 1.2 second GCD.

This^

The spell must start with a cast time greater than 1.5 and fall under 1.5 seconds to benefit.

You're casting dark heal? Under what circumstances? I've removed it from my primary quick slot. I never cast it. Literally never.

Same here. Since I got resurgence, I have never used Dark Heal.

I am level 26 now. My rotation is basically:

Static Shield (instant), Resurgence (instant heal and HOT), Dark Infusion (1.5 sec with Force Bending), Dark Infusion again because Resurgence is on CD.

That is typically enough to get someone into a healthy zone again. Then I move on to another team member for a Shield, Resurgence, Dark Infusion, Dark Infusion.

Is there a better rotation in the high 20 level area before? I dont have Innervate yet.

Per these numbers, Dark Heal is one of our least efficient heals.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Sorcerer-Healing-Compendium

Healing done per force point

Innervate: 39.6

Purge: 23.9 (with Sith Purity)

Dark Infusion: 23.7

Resurgence: 21.3 (29.4 with Reconstruct)

Static Barrier: 19.3 (23 with LB, 36 with EC, 43 with both)

Dark Heal: 13.53 (27.06 with )

Revivification: 7.21 (10.3 with Force Bending) (multiplied by # of targets)

Per these numbers, Dark Heal is one of our least efficient heals.

The thing about healing is that you aren't measured by how much you heal, you're measured by how many people survive. This makes many fights, certainly nearly all PvP, highly situational. Dark Heal can be a good alternative when you don't have Force Bending active and Innervate/Shield are on CD.

HPFP is less important than HPSecond when damage spikes are present and Force is not an issue. Force should not be an issue for anyone healing in PvP.

In the thick of battle when I am healing 5 guys, then Force is certainly an issue in PVP. Throwing out non-stop heals will put you at empty after a period of time. If you don't become the target and die, then you will run out of Force if the battle goes on long enough. So using the most effcient heals is an important factor. Just my opinion. You are welcome to it. Edited by padawancolby

In PvP it is common for a smart player to interrupt Dark Infusion locking it out for a few seconds. If Innervate is on cool down you are left with few other options then Dark Heal as you or your target probably already have SB debuff on them.

I always save my Jolt for Dark Infusion if trying to take down another Sorc. Dual sub 1.5 second cast Infusions is a huge amount of HP returned. If you can shut down that potential that makes the difference between them being dead or running away at near full health.

And I believe the times Ive cast 1 Infusion, then spammed Innervate that it also had the higher crit rate as well.

Crit is updated dynamically per tick, and since the debuff disappears as soon as DI finishes, the only tick that benefits on Innervate is the first initial one. All the rest are at normal crit chance.

I can always squeeze out 2 Infusions with the force bending.

And I believe the times Ive cast 1 Infusion, then spammed Innervate that it also had the higher crit rate as well.

Was this in answer to my post? You can't squeeze out two Infusions if it's locked out do to Interrupt. If Innervate is on CD and you have debuff for SB then Dark Heal is your only other option. Which is why I tend to cast infusion first in PvP. If I get interrupted I can always fall back on Innervate.

Edited by Orikx