Players make PVP lame

Elochai-

We all know about all of class issues and number or imps vs republic and how over played certain classes are. However, it comes down to another core issue that so many people forget about. Another BIG problem with pvp and you'll probably get this in most any mmo, is the PLAYERS. Yes those players who want to roll the easy garbage, FOTM class, who don't want to lose, or who can't play the game to have fun.

Imp team rolls in with 75% sorcs. How fun is that going to be? It isn't going to be fun. Or the opposite being sages.

One team rolls in with stupid amounts of heals. Well that's not going to be fun.

Players leaving immediately because their team starts to lose. Ahh gotta love quitters. However, I can understand some of you leaving when it's an absolute waste of your time, but leaving when your team has a chance. Really?

Stop whining about having to get enough trash for your pvp gear and EXPECTING rewards for playing the game. Oh wait I forgot you do get a reward every time you play other than gear, it's called fun. It's like they invented video games to entertain someone or something.

Just keep this in mind when you are playing. If you are making the game unenjoyable for your opposition, why should he/she comeback? Would I have anything against a well played team working together? No I don't. Everyone thinking about pointing your finger at the developer stop and think. It's easy to blame the dev for problems with pvp. I came into pvp thinking damn this is so unbalanced. Now after getting to know my class better it's no where near as bad as many people think. Are there still issues. Yes there's a good list of them. However, it's not as bad as you think and there's still much fun to be had in the game.

My props go out to those players who re roll and play a class that is either needed or less populated. Same to those who play a different faction in attempt to better the game. You all are trying to make the game and community better.

If you really like playing your class for what it is and not to face roll that's great. That's what you should be doing. This post is not intended to go against how you play the game.

To be fair all MMO's are pretty much the same boring grind, and after playing them for years a new game gets as boring as the last one pretty fast.

I miss the days when i was a noob that had no idea how to play and just enjoyed the game and scenery. There was no min maxing or anything to worry about except having fun.

I usually play them all out. You get cash and valor and tokens. when we are getting crushed I try new approaches that I might not try otherwise.

You never know what you will get with teams. We started out a man short and huttball and scored before the 8th made it into the arena. Yeah the other team was not very good but you don't know that until the game starts.

We can't control the number of sorcs that get into a match so why worry about it. People play classes that fit their style. I have played on teams with lots of sorcs and no real healers and we did poorly as we did not have enough support from other classes.

Premade groupings and queuing based on groups and rank will sort much of this out and will separate the good from the bad very quickly.

I usually play them all out. You get cash and valor and tokens. when we are getting crushed I try new approaches that I might not try otherwise.

You never know what you will get with teams. We started out a man short and huttball and scored before the 8th made it into the arena. Yeah the other team was not very good but you don't know that until the game starts.

We can't control the number of sorcs that get into a match so why worry about it. People play classes that fit their style. I have played on teams with lots of sorcs and no real healers and we did poorly as we did not have enough support from other classes.

Premade groupings and queuing based on groups and rank will sort much of this out and will separate the good from the bad very quickly.

you're correct you can't control the number or sorc in a match. However, a large chunk of those sorcs are players playing them for the face roll or, because it's such a horribly easy class to play and win with. But I suppose you can't control the number of those lame players either so meh.

Edited by Elochai-

To be fair all MMO's are pretty much the same boring grind, and after playing them for years a new game gets as boring as the last one pretty fast.

I miss the days when i was a noob that had no idea how to play and just enjoyed the game and scenery. There was no min maxing or anything to worry about except having fun.

I hear you. I wish i could wipe out all my years of playing mmos just to get the feeling of excitement again when a new one comes out. Now i can pretty much predict what will be in any new mmo and i know what to expect. The fun is over.

I hear you. I wish i could wipe out all my years of playing mmos just to get the feeling of excitement again when a new one comes out. Now i can pretty much predict what will be in any new mmo and i know what to expect. The fun is over.

Ummm..... then why do you keep doing it? I know what hitting my hand with a hammer feels like. I dont try it again with a different brand of hammer.

This 100%

I sooo miss the beginning days when I had no idea how to play an MMO, it was a whole new world that opened up to me, just getting to the next map was fun in itself. That is a feeling you never get back once you become accustomed to playing MMOs. It's like a moment in your childhood that you soooo wish you could get back, but it's gone forever. Nothing but a memory.

The fundamental problem is that there is only one magic caster class in the entire game.

What this means is that players who want to play a mage roll a sage/sorc, players who want to play a warlock roll a sage/sorc, players who want to play a priest roll a sage/sorc, etc..

If there is only one melee lightsaber class, you would pretty much see the same thing where there's whole bunch of people playing that one class, instead they split it into three classes; Jedi Guardian, sentinel, and shadow.

Only way to really fix this is if they add 1 to 2 more caster class in the future expansions, so people can actually pick a different caster and do something other than shooting lightning/rocks.

Edited by Dead_Ted