Let me get this right (sentinel rant)

RakeHoxven

Sentinel offhand lightsaber only hits for 30% and nothing except the hilt damage determines how much damage the offhand does AND it only has a 57% chance to hit.

How is the offhand lightsaber not totally useless?

If I get the 3 points in duel mastery i'll still only get 66% of only the HILT damage on my offhand and it will have around a 60-70% chance to hit.

I don't understand the usefullness of it at all besides looks.

Sentinel offhand lightsaber only hits for 30% and nothing except the hilt damage determines how much damage the offhand does AND it only has a 57% chance to hit.

If I get the 3 points in duel mastery i'll still only get 66% of only the HILT damage on my offhand and it will have around a 60-70% chance to hit.

ur trolling right?

ur trolling right?

wrong

what use is my shield generator? or any other class offhand. its basically there for stats. any dmg boost you get is something no other class gets at all, so be thankful

good. that's what I needed to know. In that case I don't need to sink any unnecessary points in Duel wield mastery.

Edited by RakeHoxven

Read over how many of your skills require dual wielding.

Read over how many of your skills require dual wielding.

the stats are only applied to the main hand lightsaber. the skills that hit with two lightsabers only calculate 30% of the offhand lightsaber hilt damage. Increasing the hilt damage to 66% for the offhand only increases base damage by not a very large amount from what i understand.

However if you know better let's hear it.

the stats are only applied to the main hand lightsaber. the skills that hit with two lightsabers only calculate 30% of the offhand lightsaber hilt damage. Increasing the hilt damage to 66% for the offhand only increases base damage by not a very large amount from what i understand.

However if you know better let's hear it.

Cauterize

Zealous Strike

Blade Rush

Merciless Slash

Precision Slash

All these require 2 lightsabers. Sure Merciless Slash, Blade Rush, and Percision Slash are speced into but they do require 2 lightsabers. If you wanted to play a Sent the only tree where it's best attacks are not dependent on dual wielding you'd have to go Focus, even then as the game stands at this moment, there is nothing viable to replace the Offhand weapon with. Sents don't get access to Focus, Generators, or Shields.

Thanks to those abilities that require 2 Lightsabers a Sent/Marauder when played well and properly Speced can out DPS any class in the game at the moment. It's not so much the minor additional damage the offhand provides, it is the additional skills, and utility one opens up due to the class design being dependent on dual weilding.

Id rather that "meager" (your words) damage boost than a crappy focus with bleh stats.

Gosh people will complain about anything.....

You know how OP it would be if the offhand did the same as mainhand?

You'd do 2x the damage everyone else....

THINK before you post please

Id rather that "meager" (your words) damage boost than a crappy focus with bleh stats.

Good point as well, I've never seen a fully moddable focus, or sheild.

Cauterize

Zealous Strike

Blade Rush

Merciless Slash

Precision Slash

All these require 2 lightsabers. Sure Merciless Slash, Blade Rush, and Percision Slash are speced into but they do require 2 lightsabers. If you wanted to play a Sent the only tree where it's best attacks are not dependent on dual wielding you'd have to go Focus, even then as the game stands at this moment, there is nothing viable to replace the Offhand weapon with. Sents don't get access to Focus, Generators, or Shields.

Thanks to those abilities that require 2 Lightsabers a Sent/Marauder when played well and properly Speced can out DPS any class in the game at the moment. It's not so much the minor additional damage the offhand provides, it is the additional skills, and utility one opens up due to the class design being dependent on dual weilding.

I totally agree. I wasn't saying duel wielding sucks. I was saying the attribute "Duel Wield Mastery" is not worth getting. Simple. Of course I like the duel wielding but I don't like duel wield mastery skill.

I totally agree. I wasn't saying duel wielding sucks. I was saying the attribute "Duel Wield Mastery" is not worth getting. Simple. Of course I like the duel wielding but I don't like duel wield mastery skill.

Well keep in mind it's a bottom of the tree talent and only costs 3 pts, it's not meant to double your dps output.

Well keep in mind it's a bottom of the tree talent and only costs 3 pts, it's not meant to double your dps output.

true that. In fact I haven't tested it as a combat or focus build so I guess I should be more precise when I say it sucks. What I mean is it is not that good for a Watchman spec Sentinel.

Cauterize

Zealous Strike

Blade Rush

Merciless Slash

Precision Slash

You're basing this on what? There's no combat log.

• 2 weeks later...
Crusader gives you 10 more focus over 30s every minute. How does this suck?

Crusader "might" give you "up to" 10 focus every minute, IF the opponent is attacking you and IF the opponent doesnt decide to just CC/stucn/root/evade you for 6 seconds and let rebuke burn off.

It also sucks because every spec has its own more reliable ways to generate focus that is actually proactive in the players control and not reactive for the opponent to control.

It's one of 2 DPS classes in the game--these classes SHOULD be doing more damage than everyone else. He isn't saying it should do as much as MH, but it should definitely do more.

true that. In fact I haven't tested it as a combat or focus build so I guess I should be more precise when I say it sucks. What I mean is it is not that good for a Watchman spec Sentinel.

From what I've seen of the trees, it's worth getting because of something above it. Never played a Sent though.

Though a debatable topic, Sentinels/Marauders are considered one of the best PVP classes that also requires a steeper learning curve compared to other classes.

But they deliver well especially on the right hands.

Now to complain about something like it's off hand because you think it's not giving you satisfactory stats..

Really?

Crusader "might" give you "up to" 10 focus every minute, IF the opponent is attacking you and IF the opponent doesnt decide to just CC/stucn/root/evade you for 6 seconds and let rebuke burn off.

It also sucks because every spec has its own more reliable ways to generate focus that is actually proactive in the players control and not reactive for the opponent to control.

Dots set off Rebuke. Enemies can't pull their dots off, and many classes DO have dots.