If all you do is PvP why are you on a PvE server??

DarthRamette

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP servers are really an artificial construct. The game -- like the many games it was modeled after -- was designed essentially the way it is on PvE servers: with certain zones being PvE and others PvP. This goes back to the days of DAoC and its RvR system. Even though DAoC is largely considered one of the kings and pioneers of PvP in mmorpgs, all of its servers were essentially what we now call PvE servers. It wasn't until later, after many people complained about not being able to attack anyone anywhere that they eventually made a PvP server. But all they did to make that server was to just take a normal PvE type server and change the rules somewhat. It was an afterthought to satisfy some players.

Later games, like this one, essentially go through the same development stages as DAoC . . . only they do it all from the start. So they make the game as if PvE servers would be the only type, and then they change the rules on some of those servers, call them "PvP", and consider that percentage of players who want to gank "satisfied". Unsuspecting players who want exciting PvP choose these servers thinking the PvP will be superior, so they populate. But really, PvP servers are a gimmick, and once you realize this you realize there really is no better PvP on them and all you are doing is compromising the quality of your PvE experience by being on them.

So increasingly PvE servers are returning to being the servers of choice for PvPers, just like they were in the old days.

This

In this game is it painfully obvious that this is the case as you dont even see the opposing faction through out much of your leveling grind (except maybe voss). On top of a limited open world pvp system with no real objectives to care about or leader boards or anything that DAoC had.

Maybe they just like playing in warzones? Since warzones are available on PvE servers, they're not doing anything wrong by doing what they like until they're good at it. If you want to beat them, do the same thing. Premades tend to dominate PvE as well as PvP, in different senses. Find some more people you like PvPing with and form groups. Work as a team just like they do.

Bottom line: only thing making PvP not fun for you guys is your own apparent lack of desire to improve at it. That's not to say Lrn2Playnub or anything stupid like that. If you want to win, you need to want to be good enough to win. It's all about attitude.

Thank you all for your replies, as to why I disappeared on page two I felt it better to play my toon with my husband then deal with the name calling and sexist comments on here instead. I am not a troll, I simply had a question and asked. Too bad it offended some of you on here.

Can you not read? This is a thread about being stormed in a WARZONE by a pre-made team.

Funny I was thinking the same thing.

Yah except the part where she mentions being ganked. And that was ONE part she mentioned in the thread. Because you lack reading comprehension to go through a whole post, that is your problem, not mine.