If all you do is PvP why are you on a PvE server??

DarthRamette

On my server which is a PvE server there is a Republic guild that constantly do PvP. Very few of them have gone past lvl 35 on thier respective class stories and simply leveled via PvP. If they love PvPing so much why are they on a PvE server. I can not play PvP or my husband and enjoy it due to seeing them always playing as a group in darn near every battleground. I am sick of getting ganked by them when that is all they do. They need to go to a PvP server if they love to PvP so much. It has totally taken the fun out of PvPing for my husband and I.

oh here's an idea, you ready for it? maybe they ENJOY WARZONES not world pvp? k thanks...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To steal a quote from my radio station "Here's another case of world pussification"

Play nice people! You wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings!

In my opinion there isn't a pvp server yet in this game! There wasn't one in wow! There wasn't one in rift! If you don't lose nothin' when you die, you're on a PvE server!!!

There is no PVP servers in this game forget about that.

There is no diference between PVP and PVE servers and us PVPrs are whining all the time about this issue. The only diference there is is the people that join these servers. Making for a more fighting comunity or a more calm comunity.

To the OP:

I think that ppl you talk about are just some coward band of carebears that feared real pvp would happen on servers tagged as PVP. So they go to a pve server where they can dominate the scene and feel like the best, or mby gear themselves up in an easy server with the hopes of migrating to a pvp server when that is posible.

Id tell them:

When and if you get ur chiken balls migrated to a pvp server and think gear is gonna be an advantage its just an ilusion and im gonna have fun killing you.

If you dont even have the balls to do that and wanna continue ganking ppl that dont like pvp know that you dont fool anyone and that you are just coward carebears.

How are you getting ganked if your on a PVE server?

How the hell are you being ganked on a PvE server?

Can you not read? This is a thread about being stormed in a WARZONE by a pre-made team.

What a pathetic thread, I don't even know why I bothered posting.

Funny I was thinking the same thing.

If you can't stand to meet premade groups in WZs, don't sign up to WZs??

- Not sure why you want to blame people that enjoy PvP playing... PvP :)

(you know, there are a few people that do PvE flashpoints on PvP servers, too).

If they love PvPing so much why are they on a PvE server.
I am on a PvE server because my guild went there.

But, SWTOR is in it's core a PvE game - with PvP attached as a mini-game. There isn't any real "world pvp" on a SWTOR PvP server either. The few areas where you can actually find the other faction (Tattoine and Ilum) are already PvP enabled zones even on PvE servers. Shrug.

Most competative PvP is in controled and instanced objective oriented warzones anyways...

(and now and then it is actually kinda fun to fight a keyboard turning pve player) ;)

Edited by Xenon-se

Many people are afraid of world pvp, so they roll on pve servers where they are safe from being ganked.

There is NO such thing as world pvp, played through all the way to 50 and saw one republic player. I play on a PvP server for exactly what the initial warning warns of, you could be attacked at anytime, its fun, its more realistic, it does not exist, all servers are pve.

I think that ppl you talk about are just some coward band of carebears that feared real pvp would happen on servers tagged as PVP. So they go to a pve server where they can dominate the scene and feel like the best, or mby gear themselves up in an easy server with the hopes of migrating to a pvp server when that is posible.

Id tell them:

When and if you get ur chiken balls migrated to a pvp server and think gear is gonna be an advantage its just an ilusion and im gonna have fun killing you.

If you dont even have the balls to do that and wanna continue ganking ppl that dont like pvp know that you dont fool anyone and that you are just coward carebears.

Easy, tiger. Just because someone happens to be on a PVE server it makes them a coward and a carebear? Or is it forbidden for PVE guilds to even dare play warzones? :)

Also, since when is PVP in warzones ganking?

There is a big difference between doing Warzones and Ilum world PvP zone and levelling in PvP server. On a standard server you don't have to put up with griefing as you do the class story lines which are so much a part of the game. Certainly Bioware really encourage players to head into war zones as the level on a standard server. Edited by Ewgal

I started on a PvE server because I wanted to level my main without being ganked all the time and just have a fun leveling experience. I love to PvP in WZ's and open world but I have had bad experiences in other games on PvP servers, ie, getting ganked for hours while trying to complete quests by roaming groups of max level players. Now that I have leveled my main I will probably roll alts on PvP servers.

lol this reminds me of a guy on my RP server..was moaning at me for being "bad" at PvP..when i replied that i am an RP'er first and PvP is the lowest on my priority list so i don't care if i am good or not he replied

"I HATE Roleplaying people"

i mean realy? you come to a RP server and expect everyone to be super awesome at PvP and then say you hate Roleplayers...wth is that!? i mean yes..we do have PvP focused guilds on the RP server..these are the guilds who come to RP servers for easy picking..you know the ones who wouldn't last 2 seconds on a PvP server against actual PvP'ers?

Edited by CrymzenSith

On my server which is a PvE server there is a Republic guild that constantly do PvP. Very few of them have gone past lvl 35 on thier respective class stories and simply leveled via PvP. If they love PvPing so much why are they on a PvE server. I can not play PvP or my husband and enjoy it due to seeing them always playing as a group in darn near every battleground. I am sick of getting ganked by them when that is all they do. They need to go to a PvP server if they love to PvP so much. It has totally taken the fun out of PvPing for my husband and I.

i don't think that playing in a pve server is a problem if i like pvp, maybe i want to pvp only in arenas, and i want to relax while leveling

the problem is that people who queue as a group (premade) will play together with people who join pvp for fun.

it's something like pro vs amateur, sport vs fun

Many of us PVPers even choose RP servers due to the mature and friendly atmosphere.

Thats it.

Real pvpers are trolls thus they did not select a "friendly" environment.

So you're either trolling and I just trolled myself or you aren't a "real" pvper.

I don't understand your question. It's nonsensical next to the fact that the only PVP zone is Illum which is PVP for both types of servers. The other type of PVP is warzones which are accessible for both servers as well.

So I don't understand your question at all. It makes no sense.

PvP servers are really an artificial construct. The game -- like the many games it was modeled after -- was designed essentially the way it is on PvE servers: with certain zones being PvE and others PvP. This goes back to the days of DAoC and its RvR system. Even though DAoC is largely considered one of the kings and pioneers of PvP in mmorpgs, all of its servers were essentially what we now call PvE servers. It wasn't until later, after many people complained about not being able to attack anyone anywhere that they eventually made a PvP server. But all they did to make that server was to just take a normal PvE type server and change the rules somewhat. It was an afterthought to satisfy some players.

Later games, like this one, essentially go through the same development stages as DAoC . . . only they do it all from the start. So they make the game as if PvE servers would be the only type, and then they change the rules on some of those servers, call them "PvP", and consider that percentage of players who want to gank "satisfied". Unsuspecting players who want exciting PvP choose these servers thinking the PvP will be superior, so they populate. But really, PvP servers are a gimmick, and once you realize this you realize there really is no better PvP on them and all you are doing is compromising the quality of your PvE experience by being on them.

So increasingly PvE servers are returning to being the servers of choice for PvPers, just like they were in the old days.

Edited by Jjix

Some of us like PvP, but dislike ganking, griefing and the general attitude of PvP server players.

I'll queue for warzones for hours, but I refuse to go hunt for some low level guy fighting a mob and one shotting him.

Just never understood that aspect of PvP servers.

I am actually in this boat PvPer on a PvE server, I'll list a few potential reasons.

A) My guild doesn't like to PvP, they are RL friends and chose a PvE server.

B) PvP servers in a game like SWTOR are ultimately meaningless. There is 0 consequence for PvP so world PvP is basically worthless with the only thrill being the occasional ability to gank or be ganked. RvR games do not make for good world PvP.

C) The PvP server crowd can be highly rough around the edges.

D) Ilum is the only PvP zone with actual goals (albeit terribly designed) this zone functions exactly the same on PvE servers as PvP servers

In many past games there was a point to PvP servers, this is growing much less common these days as games lean more and more toward the WoW approach to development. PvP servers without consequences are worthless, 2 sided RvR makes for hollow world PvP. The last major (even if not so good) MMO I played with anything approaching a meaningful PvP server was Age of Conan's Blood and Glory server.

Your issue here is that you think that "PvE Server" = "Bad PvPers Server"

They have just as much right to play on that server as you do, and it's doubtful they chose that server just because they thought they could beat up on all the less-skilled players.

If the fun has been taken out of PvPing for you and your husband, you have several options:

1) Stop PvPing

2) PvP in a premade 4-person group to combat their 4-man group

3) Learn some things you can do to PvP better

And to address something specific you said, no they do not have to go to a PVP server if they love to PvP so much. Maybe they like to PvP a lot, but only when they want to or on their own terms or in a fair environment, as opposed to when other people want them to PvP. Maybe some of their guild members don't PvP that much and they're just a fraction of the guild that does, but still want to play with their friends.

You assume too much, and your only argument is "They're better than us but we don't want to learn how to improve, so they should leave." Your argument is poor.