Is Vader really that awesome

DrSuSe

Quite simply nobody beats Vader in a sword fight. This is a man with enough strength and implants to throw a car at you without the force.

If you block a strike from Vader your wrist breaks from the sheer force of the impact against your saber.

He could rip your arms off like you were an action figure.

And his rage... dear god his rage. No one harbors more hate and anger than Vader.

Quite simply nobody is even close to as strong as Vader, and no one else can take hits like Vader can.

He is a the very definition of Juggernaut. He is the physical manifestation of the dark side.

He is the most recognized, feared, and respected villain in the entire world.

He is Darth Vader.

He will DESTROY you.

Don't you dare forget it.

This must be a troll. Plz. Plz. Noone is this ........ I look down on and feel bad for vader fans so i hope you really dont feel this way and this is a troll.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear God.... so tired of hearing the invisible lore producing woulda coulda that never existed till after the films which now seem to escalate Vader to God-like abilities after the fact... Sidious can create force storms.... blah blah, why have a death star then? .... so tired of ppl like you

If you actually watched the movies, The DS wasn't for Sidious. Tarkin even states the purpose of the DS was to rule by fear. Watch the movie.

Dear God.... so tired of hearing the invisible lore producing woulda coulda that never existed till after the films which now seem to escalate Vader to God-like abilities after the fact... Sidious can create force storms.... blah blah, why have a death star then? .... so tired of ppl like you

What would you be more afraid of, a battle station the size of a moon that has the ability to completely destroy a planet in one shot, and has done so to a planet that was completely pacifist and had no military grade hardware. Or rumors of the old man that stayed on Coruscant almost all of the time that may or may not have the ability to drain the life of every living thing?

That's what it was, a terror weapon. The Death Star existed to make rebellious systems so afraid to rebel, they wouldn't even bother because they'd rather have a planet to call home.

Look up the Tarkin Doctrine.

And there was no "invisible lore producing" in what you quoted, most of what he wrote is detailed in the Original Trilogy novelizations (which came out before the movies, by the way), and the rest is in the Darth Vader novel. Just because Canon might not be what you want it to be, doesn't make it any less valid.

What would you be more afraid of, a battle station the size of a moon that has the ability to completely destroy a planet in one shot, and has done so to a planet that was completely pacifist and had no military grade hardware. Or rumors of the old man that stayed on Coruscant almost all of the time that may or may not have the ability to drain the life of every living thing?

That's what it was, a terror weapon. The Death Star existed to make rebellious systems so afraid to rebel, they wouldn't even bother because they'd rather have a planet to call home.

Look up the Tarkin Doctrine.

And there was no "invisible lore producing" in what you quoted, most of what he wrote is detailed in the Original Trilogy novelizations (which came out before the movies, by the way), and the rest is in the Darth Vader novel. Just because Canon might not be what you want it to be, doesn't make it any less valid.

If I knew that at any moment a force storm could destroy my planet, that would. With a Giant Space Station you can see it coming and is possible be warned beforehand, Yavin 4 anyone?

And YOU'RE missing my original point too, eh... read

Edited by Darth_Malevolent

Your point was, and is, the EU is out of hand. And I agree. But so many people have said "Why did Sidious need the Death Star if he could create Force Storms?"

And no, I disagree. Sidious didn't care for the Senate or politics(Post-ROTS) or war until the RA became a true threat(ROTJ). Once he conquered the known galaxy he was basically sitting back and relaxing(Which is an exaggeration, don't quote me.) If you read the story behind his return it was when the New Republic was the new head chief and, the Entire NR Fleet was upon him. And he launched the Force Storm that had the capability of ripping the fleet apart and devouring planets.

Edited by Zilrota
removed rude

Your point was, and is, the EU is out of hand. And I agree. But so many people have said "Why did Sidious need the Death Star if he could create Force Storms?"

And no, I disagree. Sidious didn't care for the Senate or politics(Post-ROTS) or war until the RA became a true threat(ROTJ). Once he conquered the known galaxy he was basically sitting back and relaxing(Which is an exaggeration, don't quote me.) If you read the story behind his return it was when the New Republic was the new head chief and, the Entire NR Fleet was upon him. And he launched the Force Storm that had the capability of ripping the fleet apart and devouring planets.

That description was to make a point to the topic of this thread, Vader is as powerful as EU writers direct him to be after the fact of the films. And your rude remark that if I "actually watched the movies" would know, blah, blah, understand the "context" of why I brought something up. Saying Vader can do so and so.... Im tired of it, the woulda coulda he could do that Jorander brings up, well, he didn't do it in the films; Vader isn't that awesome

I forget which book but it was when Vaders grandson was turning dark,they spoke of his grandfather and how as Anakin he was powerful but as Vader because he was more machine than human he could never attain his full potential.As far as bringing balance to the force, it all depends on how you interpret it. He helps to wipe out almost all the jedi but in the end sacrafices himself to kill Palpatine and sve his son. Who intern recreates the Jedi with a more open mind.

You can show a picture of Darth Vader to anyone and 99% they will know who it is or even how he is called.

Now do the same with any other star wars EU character and none will have any idea...

yep he is that awesome! :>

Vasder is a scrub but this is true. 1 for vader.

Star wars EU is 90% or more BS. I read a lot of books and so called lore until the Yuuzhan Vong came along. I stopped straight away. There was a gradual decline in story quality and making each villan better, stronger and harder than the rest to help authors sell their distortion of the Starwars franchise.

Sidious and Vader were the strongest sith. Period. The jedi order had lasted for a long time and would have lasted longer but due to the weakened senate that gave Sidious his opportunity. He turned the strongest Jedi ever and turned him. Whats to discuss? If you want an opinion, then Vader could have taken Palpatine. The emperor was manipulator and schemer before force user thats why he died, could have stopped vader in his tracks. Vader was a rage filled force user who was not as skilled at planning and manipulation as palpatine else he would rule the galaxy. Plain and simple.

I won't go so far as saying EU is BS but I will agree that some of the books did disappoint me. Some one was saying Vader was a whiner. Unfortunately they let Luck be written in a few books as an emo-like Jedi. But as far as canon goes, remember all the authors have to write within a set of guide lines. The story is theirs only in the as far as their writing styles and ideas that are okay ed. I know because I'm an author and have applied to do some Star Wars novels. All characters and events are meticulously kept track of. Mr.Lucas has complete control. So canon is what he allows.

On a side note, I'd love to have Star Wars EU novel, were the main villain is feared because he can use the force to choke, pull or whatever basic force stuff there is and has a lightsaber... :>

Doesn't have to be able to unload force-*****torm on the whole galaxy.

That description was to make a point to the topic of this thread, Vader is as powerful as EU writers direct him to be after the fact of the films. And your rude remark that if I "actually watched the movies" would know, blah, blah, understand the "context" of why I brought something up. Saying Vader can do so and so.... Im tired of it, the woulda coulda he could do that Jorander brings up, well, he didn't do it in the films; Vader isn't that awesome

Well, were counting the EU because Revan is EU. Therfore that woulda coulda blouda does count.

Well, were counting the EU because Revan is EU. Therfore that woulda coulda blouda does count.

I didn't say anything about Revan..... (-____-)

But even then, Revan's EU doesn't make him godlike, nor do they ignore preconceptions and over extend his abilities beyond reasonable margins

Edited by Darth_Malevolent

Unfortunately, I mixed this thread up with Revan vs Vader.

I didn't say anything about Revan..... (-____-)

But even then, Revan's EU doesn't make him godlike, nor do they ignore preconceptions and over extend his abilities beyond reasonable margins

No? Revan has many godlike feats.

1. Activating the star forge and creating a massive fleet.

2. Posed a threat to Vitate who consumed planets.

3. Killed Hundreds of Jedi

4. Could Absorb and Deflect Lightning

5. Could steal knowledge from his opponents.

Revan is also a copy of Vader. If you look at many of his attributes and the people he's around. Its almost a copy-cat of the Prequels.

Revan is also a copy of Vader. If you look at many of his attributes and the people he's around. Its almost a copy-cat of the Prequels.

I agree with all but 2! According to Revan in TOR , he himself said he was no match for Vitiate who in TOR so far is the most powerful .

I do not think Revan was a COPY of Vadar being they really have nothing in comon . Revan is laid back , preVadar Anakin was aggressive total BA who if not for being put into a suit could have owned Palpitine with time to mature .

I agree with all but 2! According to Revan in TOR , he himself said he was no match for Vitiate who in TOR so far is the most powerful .

I do not think Revan was a COPY of Vadar being they really have nothing in comon . Revan is laid back , preVadar Anakin was aggressive total BA who if not for being put into a suit could have owned Palpitine with time to mature .

Hmm, I disagree.

Revan was Jedi and then Sith and then Jedi.

Vader was Jedi and then Sith and then Light-Sided.

Revan had Kreia who made him believe he was of the highest supreme. And she in fact believed he was the highest.

Vader had Palps who made Anakin believe he was the Omega of the Jedi. And even said to Yoda "Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

Revan was an extremist.

Vader was an extremist.

Revan was an excellent engineer(HK-47, The Ebon Hawk he repaired)

Vader was an excellent engineer(He made the blueprints for the TIE Fighter)

Revan was frowned upon by the Jedi but they had to accept his return.

Vader returned to the Light and begged Leia and Luke to forgive him.

And so on and So on.

Hmm, I disagree.

Revan was Jedi and then Sith and then Jedi.

He was a Jedi that turned to a puppet Sithlord Brainwashed , Than forgot who he was again and became Jedi . Currently he remembers everything and is considered a Grey Jedi

Vader was Jedi and then Sith and then Light-Sided.

True , but he did not return to light till he was at deaths door and in death he once gain was on the lightside of teh force

Revan had Kreia who made him believe he was of the highest supreme. And she in fact believed he was the highest.

True

Vader had Palps who made Anakin believe he was the Omega of the Jedi. And even said to Yoda "Vader will become more powerful than either of us."

Yes but then Anakin's loss to Obi-wan and placed him into that suit made him weak and Palpitine attempted to replace him more than once since and until his death

Revan was an extremist.

I do not get what you are saying here

Vader was an extremist.

again , I do not get what you are saying

Revan was an excellent engineer(HK-47, The Ebon Hawk he repaired)

Vader was an excellent engineer(He made the blueprints for the TIE Fighter)

They both were engineers of some kind but I will argue and say Vadar was a little better. He made his own robots but I am unsure about the TIE FIghter Part and cannot find anything that says that .

Revan was frowned upon by the Jedi but they had to accept his return.

That didn't really accept anything, they had no choice as Malek was destroying everything and was looking to be unstoppable , Revan just happen to be their last hope

Vader returned to the Light and begged Leia and Luke to forgive him.

There is a difference between begging and asking. Vadar loved Padme and only became Vadar out of want to attempt to keep her from dieing. When he found out about Luke , he started to rethink his darkside and is the only reason why Luke beat him in ROTJ . A Sith is weak without Hate and Rage

And so on and So on.

Revan defeated the Republic

Vadar came into the defeat of the Republic after Sidious already did everything .

Revan while a sithlord was master to Malek

Vadar had apprentices but way after his turn to Vadar

Revan tried to kill the Emperor of his timeline and lost

Vadar turned on the Emperor of his and killed him , shortly dieing after to damage he got from it.

Revan wore a mask of a Warrior that he defeated

Vadar HAD to wear a mask to keep alive

Revan was powerful in his own right

Vadar was born to be powerful

so on and so on !

Edited by mefit

Turning on a machine is godlike?

There are bounty hunters that can kill lots of jedi. Hell Ang from the last airbender can return lightning. Hes only 12 and not in his avatar state. Nothing god like in any of this.

Edited by MajinEddie

Obviously then your opinion is already biased, being defensive you shouldn't have any place in a friendly discussion especially on a topic you misconceived from the beginning with full intention on making an argument off topic...

but since you seemed to be bent on it; activating a star forge is the equivalent to activating the death star which has nothing to do with his personal powers and nothing you stated after that 2-5 says anything in overpowering him to the extent EU overpowers Vader, Luke, and the Emperor. Yoda in the films could also deflect lightning, Sidious can near perfectly perceive the future events which isn't more or less equivalent to Revan stealing knowledge.. And in regards to killing hundreds of Jedi, who's to say those Jedi just didn't suck at life or was assembly line opponents right out of training, and majority he killed was through war, activating a super weapon.... etc, and on top of that, unlike Sidious, he welcomes face to face confrontation. Despite all arguments, None of this overpowers him to such an extent that Vader is overpowered post delimbing and reconstruction, or Luke's rise in power post ROTJ.

Even Lucas admitted that Jedi fights in the prequels he made "faster and more intense" because this was the height of the orders' Jedi/Sith power and they were better trained. Maul being trained from an infant by Sidious, anywhere in comparison to Sidious' training of Vader post mutilation?

Sidious was disappointed of Vader, always looking to replace him with someone more powerful, so how motivated was he to even train Vader if you look at it that way?