Bioware - any update for Guardian/Jugg tank updates?

Alexi_son

I've been watching the patch server forums for notes or updates to guardian tanking and skill tree overhauls, but so far I have seen nothing.

I was told that development was reviewing the Guardian class for a large overhaul, but i have not seen any posts from Bioware to that effect. Could we get some confirmation that the class is actively being reviewed, and what Bioware sees as the long range goal for the class, and what the dev team feels are its main areas they want to improve, if any?

Thank you,

Whelen - Shien.

Edited by Alexi_son

+10. Guardians are horrible.

Guardians aren't horrible.

They just need help. A lot of help.

They can start by changing Soresu Form to not reduce Focus/Rage generation. Neither of the other tanks suffer so greatly for being in their tanking stance, and the Focus generation problems are just plain frustrating on highly dynamic fights.

The next thing they need to do is make Cyclone Slash/Sweeping Slash a 360-degree attack, just like Whirling Blow/Lacerate. There is no reason that a melee AoE attack should be conical.

Finally, BOTH of the melee tank classes need a permanent +15% movement speed boost. They literally have very few abilities that can hold threat outside of 4m, and even fewer that work at 30m. The advantage of a Jedi/Sith tank over a Vanguard/Powertech should be movement speed, which balances out the multiple ranged attacks the Tech tanks have.

Guardians aren't horrible.

They just need help. A lot of help.

They can start by changing Soresu Form to not reduce Focus/Rage generation. Neither of the other tanks suffer so greatly for being in their tanking stance, and the Focus generation problems are just plain frustrating on highly dynamic fights.

The next thing they need to do is make Cyclone Slash/Sweeping Slash a 360-degree attack, just like Whirling Blow/Lacerate. There is no reason that a melee AoE attack should be conical.

Finally, BOTH of the melee tank classes need a permanent +15% movement speed boost. They literally have very few abilities that can hold threat outside of 4m, and even fewer that work at 30m. The advantage of a Jedi/Sith tank over a Vanguard/Powertech should be movement speed, which balances out the multiple ranged attacks the Tech tanks have.

As a fellow Guardian I agree with this!! I'd also suggest that more of our attacks would generate high-threat (especially Cyclone and Sweep) :)

Edited by Danakar

As a Juggernaut tank, I don't really have a problem with my class. I would like some more rage generation and a CC ability, but I can live without them. Threat however, concerns me as well, especially group threat in high-AOE trash situations.

I agree, we need some love, you finally have Shadow/Assassin in a good place, now you can devote all of your attention to us Guardian/Juggernauts. Btw Hilt Strike is not a good substitute for force pull and Harpoon.

Give us force pull, we're jedi too. Also some sort of AOE threat ability would be nice.

As a Juggernaut tank, I don't really have a problem with my class. I would like some more rage generation and a CC ability, but I can live without them. Threat however, concerns me as well, especially group threat in high-AOE trash situations.

Agreed with on Juggs, things are manageable, however as a main tank I need to be able to hold aggro and not just with Taunt or Threatening Scream. It doesnt take much for a well geared DPS to pull aggro even after they wait til i generate and unknown amount.

Bump for great justice.

Accomplished mmo vet here. Spent my career as melee dps and tank across several games, loving every second of it. This is the first game and class which has ever compelled me to come to the forums and put my 2¢ in.

Jugg was/is the class I most want to play. Got Jugg to 50 knowing from playtime in beta they were the class i LEAST enjoyed expecting for BW to patch soon after release. A month after 50 I had had enough and went Powertech. Once again enjoying the game now.

Hopefully BW does more than just fix the numbers. Even if viable, warriors are simply not a fun class game mechanic wise. The current design doc needs put in the recycle bin.

Looking at the forums, such change is inevitable. My only hope is that I don't have to wait till an expansion before it comes.

I implore the brotherhood of Juggs, which i now bequeath the title of the "Juggerhood", and our lil bro's the Marauders (you're on your own to think of a catchy name sry) to flood the dev's weekly QA feedback thread with the OP's topic.

I've only played my guardian to level 23, but I'd like to see Force Sweep generate a high amount of threat while in Soresu form. I'm not sure how that would work out for higher levels, but I think it would help with AOE tanking.

Would be helpful, yes.

Unfortunately we have limited tools when it comes to grabbing the extra ranged mobs and pulling them to where we can AoE.

Still, a good idea. Could've talented or even baseline - right now the damage output likely doesn't warrant it being used by a dps Juggling. I could be wrong ,I just tank.

This is one of the biggest issues with the Guardian as a tank. Being in Soresu gimps focus generation, only to have the entire Defense tree bring it back up to what it was before going into Soresu.

Instead, JKG's need passive survivability and mitigation boosts, that can then be increased by Defense tree talents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.