Some player's behaviour

FezzoBlade

Rift handles this situation quite nicely by allowing bind on pickup items to be tradable for 30 minutes after it is picked up in the instance. So Bioware could code a similar solution, allowing BOP items to be tradable while within the instance so if a mistake happens it can be corrected.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a similar situation a few days ago except that I could actually use the item. It didn't really matter though, I didn't want the item and I felt genuinely bad about looting it (I did do it accidentally). I (hopefully) made it up to them when I apologized and offered to make them some mods, gratis. They accepted and got them after a few minutes of crafting on my part. At the end of the encounter I think it all worked out well enough.

It's all I could hope for.

/shrug

Was crossing over the canvases across that weird sunken path on Taris and missed the jump onto one of the corner ties and slipped through to the ground level below. Female Trooper character was right in the middle of a fight with a bunch of Rakghouls or Pirates or whatever and not wanting to jumping into her melee I scooted past and went on my merry way and thought nothing more about it.

Until about three minutes later when this same toon start following me around and spamming me in General, going "COWARD!!!" I whisper back, "???" and she replies in general, "U R A BIG BABY COWARD WHO CANNAT FIGHT UR OWN BATTLES!!"

I whisper her that I simply dropped in on her melee by accident and didn't want to steal her kills, and she starts going off about how "NOONE CAN STEEL {HER} KILLS IF THEY ARE A BABAY COWARD AND CANAT FIGHT 4 THEMSELFS BABAY WANT A BOTTLE CUZ I AM GOING 2 MAKE U HAEV NO KILLZ U CAAAT EVEN FIGHT WITHOUT A SOMEONE ELSE A ROUND 2 FIGHT 4 U AND U R A COWARD BABY DRINK UR BOTTLE BECASE I AM PULING EVERYTHING A ROUND ON U AND IF U CANT TAKE IT 2 BAD BECASE U R A COWARD!!!" And etc.

I told her to take her Ritalin, ask her Mommy to make her a sandwich, and calm down before bedy-bye time. And then put her on /Ignore

Anyone else deal with this nut job?

sounds nuts.... if a player looks like there gonna die, or surrounded and struggling I help out casue i would want someone else to do the same.

I don't have any specific stories off the top of my head, but I've noticed a distinctly higher number of chat trolls on the empire side of my server than on the republic side. I often feel like I can't talk on general chat without having somebody chime in just to be a troll.

I've had someone randomly message me insulting me then putting me on /ignore. I was quite confused.

Another time I was doing Boarding Party/Foundry with some guildies and the whole time no Bounty Hunter gear dropped for BP until the last boss. The gear wasn't an upgrade stats wise, but I did like the look and wanted it to possibly use later. There was only one other Bounty Hunter in the group and he Greeded, so I Needed.

Now, to me Greed means they have no intention of using and are planning on selling it. He then ragged on me the rest of the mission if I needed something (most of it was a stat increase). I feel like if only two of us can actually use the item and the other guy is clearly not going to use it (he so much as stated that he needed nothing on there, that his gear bests anything there), why should I have to explain my Need on an item?

The problem is folks are way too trigger happy.

Yesterday in BT item drops and I asked if anyone could use it no answer I asked again...no answer so I need it and OMG it was like I kicked the Pope in the junk.

One person told me that I wasn't fit to live

Really....over a pair of Columi boots......

This is why they need just to implement the everyone gets a bag system it will put a end to all of this hair pulling....and honestly the folks who don't want that are the same ones who get off on screaming ninja at the least little thing.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

There's a big problem with people needing on items they don't need; you apologized so I'd have let you stick around, however I'm glad to see people not tolerating the senseless "I can strip the mods/it's for my companion" garbage arguements and just dumping people who do this from the group. Hopefully this trend continues.

More importantly, it's level 11, and if you all had legacy names then there's probably a better piece of gear taking up a slot in your mains bank anyway. I don't even bother with low level flash points anymore.

Rift handles this situation quite nicely by allowing bind on pickup items to be tradable for 30 minutes after it is picked up in the instance. So Bioware could code a similar solution, allowing BOP items to be tradable while within the instance so if a mistake happens it can be corrected.

WoW does it too. Since this game directly took many things from WoW, they should take that too. Yeah, yeah, I know, everyone "borrows" from each other, so they should borrow this - would free up a lot of headaches and makes logical sense.

I've had someone randomly message me insulting me then putting me on /ignore. I was quite confused.

Another time I was doing Boarding Party/Foundry with some guildies and the whole time no Bounty Hunter gear dropped for BP until the last boss. The gear wasn't an upgrade stats wise, but I did like the look and wanted it to possibly use later. There was only one other Bounty Hunter in the group and he Greeded, so I Needed.

Now, to me Greed means they have no intention of using and are planning on selling it. He then ragged on me the rest of the mission if I needed something (most of it was a stat increase). I feel like if only two of us can actually use the item and the other guy is clearly not going to use it (he so much as stated that he needed nothing on there, that his gear bests anything there), why should I have to explain my Need on an item?

If he greeded, then he has no reason to whine about his loss.

I don't have any specific stories off the top of my head, but I've noticed a distinctly higher number of chat trolls on the empire side of my server than on the republic side. I often feel like I can't talk on general chat without having somebody chime in just to be a troll.

We have trolls in WoW - they even have their own subsection in Org ;)

Hello everyone,

This is just a little discussion I wanted to start up about players you've encountered.

You can see this thread as a "Stupid/Funny/Childish/Hatefull/Etc People" that you encountered either in this mmo or any other. Because sometimes I find the diversity in people amazing (and that isn't really a positive thing sometimes)

I would like to start this little thread with a story about a fellow I encountered today.

It was in Black Talon normal mode, me (Operative lvl 11) and two other guys/gals ( Mercenary lvl 11 and a Sniper lvl 12) where coasting trough BT without a problem, everyone had a legagy name so tactics where not needed. It was mostly a just zerg everything and no chitchat run.

So we down the last boss and this sniper rifle dropped, I wasn't really paying much attention and I was like; Damn nice stats! Ima need!. But a few seconds after the roll I realised I can't even use sniperrifles. So I apologised to the sniper for rolling aswell. Of course as luck would have it I won the roll.... I apologised again underlining that I didn't do it on purpose., but he didn't really reply. He just stood there doing nothing.

So I went on to the last quest guy to finish the fp; at this moment he removed me from the group forcing me out of the fp. This caused me to in a sense do BT for nothing as I couldn't finish the quest.... So I asked him why he was doing this; and he simply said: "You shouldn't have needed on that item". Bam and he went offline.

So for accidenlty taking an item he wanted he removed me from the group, voiding my quest progress in BT. Simply put he made me 'lose' 15-20 minutes of the time I put into the quest.

Was He right? In my opinion he was being childishly vindictive, and this has got to be one of the most hatefull (non-verbal) reactions I've had for making a mistake.

So now I'm wondering, how many of you had similar stories? Or to brighten my mood; who has encountered very nice people who restored your faith in humanity? :D

tl;dr Someone was acting childish. What kind of people have you encountered in your travels?

You was both being childish IMHO. Being an adult means taking responsibility, did you offer anything but words to em? Also you complain that he wasted your time because he removed you, well didn't you wasted his time as well by taking an item that should have been his due to your own carelessness?

Had you both been mature about the situation you would have offered him credits as comp and he wouldn't have made a big deal out of it.

Was crossing over the canvases across that weird sunken path on Taris and missed the jump onto one of the corner ties and slipped through to the ground level below. Female Trooper character was right in the middle of a fight with a bunch of Rakghouls or Pirates or whatever and not wanting to jumping into her melee I scooted past and went on my merry way and thought nothing more about it.

Until about three minutes later when this same toon start following me around and spamming me in General, going "COWARD!!!" I whisper back, "???" and she replies in general, "U R A BIG BABY COWARD WHO CANNAT FIGHT UR OWN BATTLES!!"

I whisper her that I simply dropped in on her melee by accident and didn't want to steal her kills, and she starts going off about how "NOONE CAN STEEL {HER} KILLS IF THEY ARE A BABAY COWARD AND CANAT FIGHT 4 THEMSELFS BABAY WANT A BOTTLE CUZ I AM GOING 2 MAKE U HAEV NO KILLZ U CAAAT EVEN FIGHT WITHOUT A SOMEONE ELSE A ROUND 2 FIGHT 4 U AND U R A COWARD BABY DRINK UR BOTTLE BECASE I AM PULING EVERYTHING A ROUND ON U AND IF U CANT TAKE IT 2 BAD BECASE U R A COWARD!!!" And etc.

I told her to take her Ritalin, ask her Mommy to make her a sandwich, and calm down before bedy-bye time. And then put her on /Ignore

Anyone else deal with this nut job?

I think "The Heavy" is playing TOR

To React to a couple of things:

- During the whole run a lot of IA gear dropped and we both already had our fair share of loot.

- It was @ lvl 11, so the learn your class argument is a bit out of place, I just chose my AC :p

- I would have done the FP again if he was hellbent on getting that item

- The "This is the danger of pugging get a guild" is totally missing the point, I'm just sharing my experiences and giving my opinion about it, and in return asking for other players' experience.

And yes I agree that I was being trigger happy, I made a mistake in pressing Need that fast, And I apologised for it.

~Fezz0

Ps: This thread isn't ment as a rage thread just conversation, ya know? :D

Edited by FezzoBlade

You was both being childish IMHO. Being an adult means taking responsibility, did you offer anything but words to em? Also you complain that he wasted your time because he removed you, well didn't you wasted his time as well by taking an item that should have been his due to your own carelessness?

Had you both been mature about the situation you would have offered him credits as comp and he wouldn't have made a big deal out of it.

And what was he supposed to offer? He apologised. the other person ignored the apology and then waited to take revenge. What exactly was the OP supposed to do? Hack into the SWTOR server, find the other player's information and send him a stripogram?

people in this game get butthurt way too easily over nothing.

He didn't complain that he didn't get it, he complained because I selected Need, but didn't need the stats, and wasn't immediately throwing it on.

Edit: You edited your post didn't you?! :p

Edited by MillionsKNives

And what was he supposed to offer? He apologised. the other person ignored the apology and then waited to take revenge. What exactly was the OP supposed to do? Hack into the SWTOR server, find the other player's information and send him a stripogram?

I take it you didn't read all of my post as this question is answered already. But here ill repost it for you.

He didn't complain that he didn't get it, he complained because I selected need, but didn't Need the stats, and wasn't immediately throwing it on.

things happen. life doesn't always go our way, doesn't mean we should turn around and spew venom all over people. =)

people need to calm down. it's just a game. and an easy one at that. that piece of gear isn't going to make or break anyone's leveling experience.

my .02.

*edit* i did, after re-reading the OP. =) and i'm still confused because you're not the OP. =) anyway, people need to chill out. =D

Edited by carne

I take it you didn't read all of my post as this question is answered already. But here ill repost it for you.

The guy had a legacy, I really doubt he needed credits that badly. He just wanted his rifle and reacted like an a**.

Any credits he'd get would be pocket change in a few levels. Whatever the stats are on the rifle, he would outgrow it in a few levels, which is a matter of a few hours. It was a huge overreaction.

Edit:

*edit* i did, after re-reading the OP. =) and i'm still confused because you're not the OP. =) anyway, people need to chill out. =D

I posted my own story, to which the person you quoted was responding (iirc). It's a little confusing because my scenario is somewhat similar. (compounded by now having the two sections of this post refer to two different stories)

Edited by MillionsKNives

I don't think he was being that childish. I think the problem is a larger reflection of the community. Yeah you can say it was a pug. But 9/10 a pug is no problem.

See the trouble is, I've seen the exact same thing happen. In two different pugs, on different characters I ended up grouped with the same guy. Both times he rolled need for something he couldn't use and then apologized. Now part of me says the guy is just having a bad day. But the realist says, he rolls need then apologizes to make it look like it was an accident. And he takes the equipment and puts it on his companions.

Now I hope that isn't what you do. But since people do these kind of things, I don't know if you can blame someone for acting like that. Heck I've seen people openly roll need for their companions or even for the mods.

The guy had a legacy, I really doubt he needed credits that badly. He just wanted his rifle and reacted like an a**.

Any credits he'd get would be pocket change in a few levels. Whatever the stats are on the rifle, he would outgrow it in a few levels, which is a matter of a few hours. It was a huge overreaction.

"its the thought that counts" comes to mind, regardless of how easy it is you didn't take words from him you took an item and time. Words just don't cut it when dealing with people in these situations, actions speak far louder and its about making that person happy.

Edits for mistakes!

Edited by Odincore

I don't think he was being that childish. I think the problem is a larger reflection of the community. Yeah you can say it was a pug. But 9/10 a pug is no problem.

See the trouble is, I've seen the exact same thing happen. In two different pugs, on different characters I ended up grouped with the same guy. Both times he rolled need for something he couldn't use and then apologized. Now part of me says the guy is just having a bad day. But the realist says, he rolls need then apologizes to make it look like it was an accident. And he takes the equipment and puts it on his companions.

Now I hope that isn't what you do. But since people do these kind of things, I don't know if you can blame someone for acting like that. Heck I've seen people openly roll need for their companions or even for the mods.

I've rolled need for companions before, but only under a few conditions:

1) No one in the group matches the specs (e.g. no Agents around when medium cunning armor comes up).

2) Everyone rolls greed.

3) I've already asked if I can roll for companion for it.

I mostly follow the 3rd condition.

Edit:

"its the thought that counts" comes to mind, regardless of how easy it is you didn't take words from him you took an item and time. Words just don't cut it when dealing with people in these situations, actions speak far louder and its about making that person happy.

I'm just wondering are you trying to justify this to us? or to yourself? both maybe? I get the feeling that nothing we say is going to make you feel like you was ever in the wrong and you are just looking for those who agree with you completely?

I'm not the OP, it's just my opinion.

Edited by MillionsKNives

I'm just wondering are you trying to justify this to us? or to yourself? both maybe? I get the feeling that nothing we say is going to make you feel like you was ever in the wrong and you are just looking for those who agree with you completely?

Kinda sounds like you're overreacting a little bit. He apologized for the roll, and if the thought was all that counts, that should have been the end of it. Period.