I AM A WZ Rage Quitter

RaulTheConquerer

in your instance I think that having a message telling that the WZ has already been running for x minutes would solve this issue completely.

A much better way to handle it, would be to start the timer after the wz has loaded and I can start moving.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW my personal method of dealing with those who serial ragequit: I refuse to heal them. There are 6 other people on my teams that need my support much more than they do. If ragequitters want to play the game for their own benefit only...they don't need my help in the least. Edited by priest

BTW my personal method of dealing with those who serial ragequit: I refuse to heal them. There are 6 other people on my teams that need my support much more than they do. If ragequitters want to play the game for their own benefit only...they don't need my help in the least.

Usually this causes them to flame people in chat and ragequit even more.

They never seem to realize the problem lies with them.

Usually this causes them to flame people in chat and ragequit even more.

They never seem to realize the problem lies with them.

That's really the whole issue isn't it? They don't understand that the issue is them. I don't care about what your gear looks like, your level, your valor or how good you think you are. You are only as good as your weakest link, true; but the attitude you have will help determine how hard the entire group works. They don't see that. It's all about them, they're impatient and they don't care about what everyone else is doing in the game. They don't care because there isn't a method to make them care. I believe that is detremental to the whole idea of PVP in the first place.

But again I figure iif they want to play the way tha tthey want to...so can I. and I can choose to impose my own principles on my game. If they don't feel the group is carrying them, then I don't have to either. I support a vote kick; I also support a notification telling me that the WZ that I'm queued for is currently in process, and for how long is has been going so I can determine if I want to jump in or not.

That's really the whole issue isn't it? They don't understand that the issue is them. I don't care about what your gear looks like, your level, your valor or how good you think you are. You are only as good as your weakest link, true; but the attitude you have will help determine how hard the entire group works. They don't see that. It's all about them, they're impatient and they don't care about what everyone else is doing in the game. They don't care because there isn't a method to make them care. I believe that is detremental to the whole idea of PVP in the first place.

But again I figure iif they want to play the way tha tthey want to...so can I. and I can choose to impose my own principles on my game. If they don't feel the group is carrying them, then I don't have to either. I support a vote kick; I also support a notification telling me that the WZ that I'm queued for is currently in process, and for how long is has been going so I can determine if I want to jump in or not.

lets give the boners something else to abuse...great idea.

also, im not a rage quitter, im a i dont want to waste my time getting curbstomped by a premade for 15 minutes 20 times in a row to get 3 wins for a daily since i dont have unlimited time to play this game quitter.

Yes quitting in video games means you must be a loser in real life! Give me a break.

Quitting is an attitude. Quitters suck. Quitting only guarantees you a continual cycle of FAILURE.

Winning is achieved by never giving up, never surrendering and keeping your chin up despite things 'not going your way'.

If all you do is QUIT when things Aren't going your way, you will never ever learn how you MAKE things go your way.:eek:

Yes, I am a warzone quitter. And very proud. I do not get paid to play, therefore i will not play warzones which i do not like.

Whenever I end up playing the ones I dislike, it is purely due to Queue times being longer than they used to be. And even then, If I get overly annoyed, I quit anyway.

I not only quit as soon as an unfavorable warzone(Voidstar, sometimes Alderaan) pops up, but It Is also not uncommon for me to quit during the match if i am stuck with a usual terrible imp pug team.

I have no control over which Warzones I end up in, despite the fact I pay to play. I am a quitter and coming to quit plenty of WZ's near you.

Whow! RaulTheConquerer! Such a bold name and nothing behind it :D (even brain)

We are not paid to play with you too. So next time, if I see notorious quitters like you in my WZ, I will try to kick them out even before the start of the game. Why? Because you are definitely ruing my game exp I paid for! So why not to fight back ;)

OMG! What a nice trolling thread. How is possible that it is not closed already :D (too tempting to not answer in a same tone)

Good gaming weekend to everybody! :)

Edited by WmongerCZ

Quitting is an attitude. Quitters suck. Quitting only guarantees you a continual cycle of FAILURE.

Winning is achieved by never giving up, never surrendering and keeping your chin up despite things 'not going your way'.

If all you do is QUIT when things Aren't going your way, you will never ever learn how you MAKE things go your way.:eek:

ill just copy this from one of the other quitter qq threads.

bill gates quit college to start microsoft

rodney dangerfield quit selling aluminum siding to be a comedian

harrison ford quit carpentry to be an actor

jesus quit carpentry to be jesus

all those people quit, and they went on to be very successful. hell, one of them is even the son of god.

edit: i just want to add that i quit smoking. i really hope that quitting smoking doesnt start a "continual cycle of failure." i know my lungs love me right now.

Edited by jimlaheysadrunk

I just want to make a point on the whether or not one is selfish for droping a WZ or wanting a debuff on those who do. Keep in mind, my best friend on the game and I have differing opinions on this, he quits becuse he doesn't want to waste 15 minutes as imps farm valor in a 4-0 Huttball match for 15 min. I don't like it either, but I suck it up:

The argument that I see, paraphrased is: "I play the game for my fun and enjoyment, no one else, and I am responsible to no one but me."

The internet allows for anonymity, which is a double edged sword. one of the adverse edges of the sword is the tendency for people to ignore or blatanly buck and push against rules and points of order that society imposes to keep peace. The idea on whether or not these rules should apply equally in cyberspace is where everyone gets caught up.

For a person to drop group and leave a WZ is self-centered. It is putting your desires/frustrations over the well being of the group. I personally believe that you should have EVERY right to be as selfish as you wish to be; But you should be accountable to the consequences of an intentional action that has an adverse affect on other people. This is a social game, and there should be systems in place to enforce social order, or at the very least allow for groups to administer martial consequences to 'misbehaving.'

If you see the perspective from those whom you're droping, they perceive you as wanting to have your cake, and eat it too. You want all the advantages of a social game and the powers of a group, but none of the responsibilies of self-enforcing order on your behavior, being a team player, and participating at the same level as everyone else...win or lose. If the team wins...it's a team victory; if the team loses everyone is responsible. The only ones that can take more responsibility are those who don't try, and those who quit.

So I don't see asking for a deserter debuff to be out of bounds. I think that there should be penalties to rage quitters, since there are penalties for things like that IRL. If you're in a pug game of 21 (basketball) and you're losing and quit...people won't want to play with you anymore.

In the game, if you are known for ragequitting, you're deemed not-trustworthy. No one can expect you to give your best effort. No one can count on you. And yet...no one has a choice of NOT playing with you. You expect the group to give its best effort however you take no accountability in that, and that is what makes people call for a debuff or something.

So it's not the fact that people want to punish those of you who ragequit...they just don't want to get stuck in a group with you, because you can't be counted on.

well said

people want to act selfishly they can, but they should have to face the social consequences

if BW put in the capability to enforce social consequences (like you don't have to play with them), then the issue would likely solve itself

AFKers will be easy to deal with.

/say AFKer over at X location, FREE KILL.

bam they go over kill said person and that person has 60 seconds to respawn/leave spawn area before they get booted for being a deserter and get the debuff.

Now that issue has been resolved please stop using it as an example for not having a deserter penalty applied.