Watchman - Which Form Do You Use?

metaIsaber

If you are watchman you should be in juyo 100% of the time.

If you are focus you should be in shii-cho 100% of the time.

If you are combat you should be in ataru 100% of the time.

No if, ands, or buts about it.

but but a level 19 Combat can't use Ataru form, and a level 11 Watchman can't use juyo form...

;)

I'm lvl 39 and have been using the Shii-Cho the entire time. Should I be using Juyo? :confused:

I seem to do pretty well and usually at the top for kills and dmg.

Yes you should be using Juyo, as the Watchmen tree boosts its power. It will end up giving it more crits on your burns, making your self heal burns better etc. Its stacking damage effect is also much better then Shii-Cho's +dmg +damage mitigation.

Juyo should be your default stance for Watchman sped. However Shii-Cho gives you a very powerful (and free) AoE when you pop Zen and has a 3% damage reduction so there are situations where switching to Shii-Cho is worth it.

For PvE: Using Shii-Cho in Watchman spec is situational but does have a couple of niche uses while AoE bursting. About 85% of the time though you will benefit from Juyo stance more.

For PvP however: I would stay in Juyo. Overload Sabre + Cyclone Slash with the occasional Force Sweep is all the AoE you will need really and OS +CS is ridiculously awesome for protecting objectives.

How awesome?

Overload Sabre + Cyclone Slash will apply OS to up to 3 targets for 6 seconds. That is 3 people out of 8 on the other team completely unable to stealth or capture an objective for 6 seconds. 37.5% of the opposing team unable to cap a point for 6 seconds is HUGE and you can keep it up indefinitely as long as your group can keep you up.

EDIT: Combat also benefits from switching stance because it's Zen is currently broken for Ataru. Also Shii-Cho's Zen basically does the same thing but better really than Ataru's Zen.

Edited by IronFirewind

Overload Sabre + Cyclone Slash will apply OS to up to 3 targets for 6 seconds. That is 3 people out of 8 on the other team completely unable to stealth or capture an objective for 6 seconds.

I have to test it again, but I don't think that's correct. I believe Cyclone Slash only applies OS to one target.

I've seen it hit all 3 with OS and sometimes just 2. It's classed as a melee attack so it DOES apply OS. I think it may be very buggy though.
There is an internal CD on OS, so it's impossible to apply OS on 3 different targets in 1 GCD. ;)

Juyo should be your default stance for Watchman sped. However Shii-Cho gives you a very powerful (and free) AoE when you pop Zen and has a 3% damage reduction so there are situations where switching to Shii-Cho is worth it.

For PvE: Using Shii-Cho in Watchman spec is situational but does have a couple of niche uses while AoE bursting. About 85% of the time though you will benefit from Juyo stance more.

For PvP however: I would stay in Juyo. Overload Sabre + Cyclone Slash with the occasional Force Sweep is all the AoE you will need really and OS +CS is ridiculously awesome for protecting objectives.

How awesome?

Overload Sabre + Cyclone Slash will apply OS to up to 3 targets for 6 seconds. That is 3 people out of 8 on the other team completely unable to stealth or capture an objective for 6 seconds. 37.5% of the opposing team unable to cap a point for 6 seconds is HUGE and you can keep it up indefinitely as long as your group can keep you up.

EDIT: Combat also benefits from switching stance because it's Zen is currently broken for Ataru. Also Shii-Cho's Zen basically does the same thing but better really than Ataru's Zen.

Could you clarify? I was Combat all the way to 50, and stayed Combat up until a week ago. I'm pretty sure Zen does exactly what it says, knocks .5 seconds off the GCD. I can pump out some Blade Rush attacks in record time. Blade Rush itself is choppy as hell, but the damage generally still goes out even when the animation fails. So please, explain this.

Two pieces of advice:

1. Take no one's advice above your own.

2. Use what works, but don't be afraid to try something new once in a while.

That's great advice for the guy. Let him continue using Shii-Cho while being a Watchman. LMAO