Why You Should NEVER Play a Gunslinger/Sniper

PlagaNerezza

Someone explain to me why snipers complain about cover. I'm dead serious.

No class can move and cast their strong moves. Mercs need to stand still to tracer, sorcs need to stand still to lightning. The ONLY difference is that while you are standing still in cover you can't be charged, pulled, or interrupted.

Right now snipers are the only ranged class I have remote trouble with because I have a news flash for you:

No ranged classes can get away from melee right now. The only difference is that you can't be shut down while we're on you. Every other ranged class can.

If they want to reduce your dependency on cover that is totally fine with me, but you need to be interruptable and chargable while in cover then.

Rooted you can still fire your main specials. Root breaks cover + prevents us from entering cover rooted.

You have heals as BH/trooper.

If you are sage you have heals, bubbles, sprint away.

We lack any mobility or heals and cover becomes an issue when rooted.

We can be KB's out of cover. You just need to use FP. Only in hunkerdown which is limited do we get that non-cc immunity. Which roots us and makes us highly likely to find good players AOEing us while we try and defend.

AOE and DOT's seem to ignore our defensive screen meaning even though I self rooted to try and survive an incoming surge I am not seeing the net benefit. You on the other hand if you get targets move tracer, move tracer. We don't get to move like that.

Even though I hot key cover.

Add in my charged burst which is suppose to always fire instantly when entering cover doesn't do that you get annoyed. So I want to spam it right. Move cover spam. Move cover spam.

Its on a hidden cooldown, unlike tracer missle.

Bh's eat me alive. I only engage them when they are not focus targeting me. Which is fine. We should all have counter classes. All I am saying is our roll is to support or healer and aim at there healer to get them healing themselves and not the team.

Its very difficult to do that with no range and the other class having kiting escapabilities which I don't. Add in other classes have stealth escaping to those with sprinting and healing. meanwhile I get a cover mechanism that in no way is a benefit. Save the hunkerdown which gives me cc immunity for a short duration. Which when its up means I am stuck if I want to use that cc immunity to kill anyone.

Not a l2p issue. Its a mechanics issue for me. The class needs someone to look at it and read these issues and give us some balance to other classes. More range might be the answer. It might stop some of these issues from seeming so hard to deal with.

I am just pointing out what issues the class has and why I would not let anyone I know play it. I'd advise anyone to strongly advise going to an advanced class that is not suffering from significant problems in terms poor roles and fun factor.

Again not I don't do any dps. I do about the same as any class specc'd for dps. A good player whose got BM gear and works in teams could do more. Might top the leader boards. Not arguing that its not possible to be better. I know my gear is impacting dps in some wz's. One 3 champ pieces and 496 expertise.

L2P is not the issue. I know where I can improve some of my dps to do more. Its a mechanical issue around the class as a whole related to fundamentals that make it undesireable and fustrating to play.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1- I have solo'd plenty of people, some with better gear then me.

2- You should always have a healer in PVP, or you will probably lose. regardless of the class.

3- see 1

4- Ilum is Ilum, 6 on 1 is always unfair.

5 - depends on sharpshooter or dot spec.

6 - save your shields for non-cover situtations or spec into sab or df if you desire more mobilty/endurance.

7- in pvp this doesn't happen. In PVE needs damage meters to validate.

So according to everyone defending the class..

GS/Snip should

1) only be viable in a group

2) only queue for WZ with a healer

3) never engage another class one on one

4) Hide in the mass of other characters on Ilum

5) Never expect to kill another player, just switch targets constantly

6) realize that lack of mobility and lack of escape are 'features' of the class

7) be a pure DPS class in medium armor with less DPS than heavy armor classes and classes that can cast heals

8) Learn to play

What other class would you say this about?

What other class has the liabilities of the GS/Snip?

What are the benefits of the class that other classes don't enjoy? Please include the biggest selling point -- the wonderful 5m range difference.

I'm very curious in the benefits of being a GS/Snip over any other class. Please enlighten me.

You will knockback a melee twice, unless you have done something to mess with his resolve bar.

You just ilustrate the resolve problem more. The biggest issue with people in pvp is they fill enemy resolve for no reason.

A jug/guardian speced right can pretty much shutdown/haras any class, and potentially kill them if they have no support, thats just the nature of those classess. 1v1

If a jug/guardian attacks you you cover pulse and make him waste his force leap, then stun him and run away. If he breaks stun you then leg shot.

On ilum if someone gets pulled they are pretty much dead unless the enemy team sucks. Namely because roots such as leg shot even work on a white resolve bar.

Sages do not have the burst on demand that snipers do. A sage is a dps class, its job is to pump out damage on things to attempt and kill them or force the enemy healer to deal with them.

A sniper is a burst/ranged assist support class. Its job is to very quickly crit -> followthrough -> takedown on things that will die from doing so and help focus fire.

A sniper can very casually throw out 6k or so damage on someone then switch targets with out it being a huge loss or waste of energy/resource/time

People always underestimate their classes strengths in pvp, No other ranged class can deliver the same casual burst as a sniper. Other ranged classes drain the enemies hitpoints more evenly, a sniper just takes bites out of it.

While a sniper does not do amazing overall dps compared to other ranged classess, the way that it does it makes it a very useful support class. That way is the snipers utility, and what you get for trading what you've lost from not being a sorc/sage.

Note you did not mention a way to kill the other class with kiting as you know its not possible as I will not get out of his range. have limited skills outside of cover to run and shoot and he can throw saber at me. Even If I tried and say we did that and no one was around eventually who would win?

Not the gunslinger. Not even in the ideal situation where we played perfectly would we win. That goes for every AC we engage.

I am not saying we are useless meat bags. I am saying the fundamental flaws as anothe poster just stated are big factors why no one should play this class verses any other option that is far more viable.

I am not saying its got nothing in it to like or is useful. Which you seem to think I am saying. I am saying they are liabilities and not benefits.

As to those saying well that heal we get sucks. The bubble abilities is significant. Sprint is significant. The Remove DoT's is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

We don't get those features. Any one of them. We don't get stealth escape. we don't even get stealth detect.

A sniper with no stealth detection.

That is what I am saying. We lack some fundamental options other classes have access to that give them benefits to groups.

It's not a I want more DPS. I want kiting or survivability or utility. Something. I am not whining some class out DPS'd me.

Even though many do. Its that our only defined roll is DPS and we are not by any stretch of your wildest imaginations the "KINGS of DPS". No one says hey if you want to do serious DPS gunslinger bro.

Its got no rolls and lacks skills and has a cover mechanic that just saps the live out of you everyday.

So I am playing the FoTM sage until its fixed and telling everyone not to play this broken AC.

Clearly most people posting replies don't actually play one. So if you don't you couldn't possibly understand.

Try playing a juggernaut/guardian tank and then come complain. Leaps on cool down, no escape, spec either into defense or damage which makes you almost a one trick pony, saber throw is our only ranged attacked, if leap is on cool down we literally have to walk to you as we're usually snared.

Oh, and let's not even start with open PvP zerg battles on Ilum.

I feel ur pain. But I am not familar enough to comment fully. But at least you have a good roll in PvE. We don't.

I have no problem in pvp or pve. I am level 50 and 1.5 levels away from battlemaster. I am typically in the 6-8 medal range as we do not have the ability to obtain any heal medals without biochem.

In fact the sith know me on our server and target me specifically due to the mass damage I can cause to them.

I am always at top of DPS in pvp and we bring significant debuffs, buffs and damage to PVE.

There are multiple play styles for the class but there are some finese points that you really have to grasp to get the most out of the class.

Knowing your DPS rotation is huge.

Knowing when to pop your shields for max survivability.

Knowing the tendencies of other classes.

Not blowing through your energy is the mistake most players make. (regen rates are based on available energy)

Know when to AE and when to single target.

Know when to run! You have at least 2 CC maneuvers to plan your escape. We are a ranged class not melee. There is alot of strategy involved, its not just hack and slash.

Not to your level of valor. Same on medals consistently unless the PuG is just awful and surrendering.

I do these things. My rotation is pretty solid. Best DPS in a 50 was 297k. With one 1 champ piece at the time and not even full centurion.

I know some tricks to surviving. I'll look more closely at yours.

I highly suggest you read some more of this thread and my posts and see if you don't find that you agree on areas of issue. Even if you think its "fine" I think you know there are mechanic issues and probably would agree.

You do cover charged burst on the same hot key? Does it allow you to scoot and shoot it instantly everytime like the skill tree says? Nope.

Do you have range issues with 35m? Probably? Would you think more range would help tremendously in terms of fun and playability? Probably.

Your saying L2P and I am saying its not a L2P thing bro. Its slinger to slinger bro, we have drawn the short straw and its not fun being so disadvantaged compared to everyone else.

So according to everyone defending the class..

GS/Snip should

1) only be viable in a group

2) only queue for WZ with a healer

3) never engage another class one on one

4) Hide in the mass of other characters on Ilum

5) Never expect to kill another player, just switch targets constantly

6) realize that lack of mobility and lack of escape are 'features' of the class

7) be a pure DPS class in medium armor with less DPS than heavy armor classes and classes that can cast heals

8) Learn to play

What other class would you say this about?

What other class has the liabilities of the GS/Snip?

What are the benefits of the class that other classes don't enjoy? Please include the biggest selling point -- the wonderful 5m range difference.

I'm very curious in the benefits of being a GS/Snip over any other class. Please enlighten me.

+1 They just don't understand. its not a we suck waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Thread. Its a we need fixes cause no one plays this class because if you do you see huge flaws in it. Its a hey bioware. Can you please look at this class? Something is not right at all with the class.

Easy fix till they can do something about cover and skills is just more range on all skills.

Not to your level of valor. Same on medals consistently unless the PuG is just awful and surrendering.

I do these things. My rotation is pretty solid. Best DPS in a 50 was 297k. With one 1 champ piece at the time and not even full centurion.

I know some tricks to surviving. I'll look more closely at yours.

I highly suggest you read some more of this thread and my posts and see if you don't find that you agree on areas of issue. Even if you think its "fine" I think you know there are mechanic issues and probably would agree.

You do cover charged burst on the same hot key? Does it allow you to scoot and shoot it instantly everytime like the skill tree says? Nope.

Do you have range issues with 35m? Probably? Would you think more range would help tremendously in terms of fun and playability? Probably.

Your saying L2P and I am saying its not a L2P thing bro. Its slinger to slinger bro, we have drawn the short straw and its not fun being so disadvantaged compared to everyone else.

I do not have cover/chargeburst on the same hot key becuase I always hit before I go into cover. and I pop it as soon as it refreshes, so it is located directly under by charged burst key.

I agree with you in some aspects, but I make due. I have experience the cover bug and it is a pain.

I like being the only GS :)

More range would be nice. but I don't want them making changes to the class to make it the flavor of the week.

It tends to be a difficult class to play and alot of classes do not know how to handle us.

I use number keys and click for my rotation.

I aquire target, while pounding on my #2 key (Flurry of bolts) , I hit charged burst then hit cover and I am instantly spamming charged bursts and start my rotation of trickshot then aimed shot then roll to quickdraw as soon as it pops and I can usually take the target from 100% to 10% in a hurry if they are not a tank.

Tanks types tend to detroy me unless I get the jump on them and debuff, Shoot, stunn kick back, etc. - the problem with this is, everyone can get out of our snares/stuns. I really have to keep an eye on their resolve bar or run until I can keep them at range.

I think the thing with GS's is they scale significantly better then other classes. The damage potential is there, but it is not there to start with. We are a support class for the most part and can pick off people from afar until they notice us.

There are alot of Gunslingers out there, but there are only going to be a few good ones.

A stealth component would be great, but I think that would push us into the overpowered category.

They do need some love, this is definitely true. They also deal almost all weapon damage, the only type of damage which can be shielded AND absorbed by armor, and are one of 2 or 3 ACs that do so (other being Sentinel and possibly Guardian, I believe). No I didn't read through all 4 pages of this thread.

But still, its not the doomsday you make it out to be. Is this the class for the person who wants to run around and be Rambo and just go steamroll people? Nope. Ok, so what does this class do?

OBJECTIVES.

You sit your Gunslinger behind some cover where he/she can see an objective. The enemy is LoS pillar humping? I don't care, they'll have to come out to get this objective. Are you getting a bajillion kills? No, not really, you're defending an objective.

Like I said, the Gunslinger really does need some more ability to kill things. But with their knockbacks and CCing abilties, combined with piles of AoE, they are pretty damn good at locking down an objective. Put a Gunslinger on one of the side turrets on Alderaan, have him take the side speeders for respawns, and the enemy is NEVER taking that damn thing. Especially if he's dirty fighting.

snipers dont really start to work in pvp until the 40s i found.

And one of the great thing about snipers is that the skill to the class is learning how to not be attacked in the first place/making yourself an unattractive target, so even a newbie 50 sniper who will die a little faster than before it gets geared, can still do exceptionally well with level 49/50 purples/mods

Thats the key to being a sniper

1. Never try to take something down by yourself, your purpose is to project your super-burst of forced crit snipe -> follwothrough -> takedown around the battlefield. A sniper should have the most kills because you should not be shooting at something if its already not about to die. Your purpose is to make sure the enemy healer does not have time to do anything about the team mate who is already being attacked by another dps. You are what stops those annoying occurrences where someone is dying and then a tank guards them and a sorc shields them and they get healspamed back up. you are what keeps the enemy from ccing and running off.

2. The snipers primary defense is learning how to not be attacked in the first place. You do this by understanding that 80% of players will ignore you if you are not easily visible/reachable. Sniper attack graphics do not really draw attention, so if you use a pillar to block yourself off from half the enemy teams los, half the enemy team wont even think about you. Things like hiding entierly untill the fight 'starts', and making sure you are near higher priority targets (healers, or anything people hate like an operative of any kind) means that most of the time nobody is even trying to kill you.

3. When you are in super tank mode and have poped all cooldowns and balistic shield. Just sitting there making everyone take 20% less damage is a great help, this is the only time you are truly 'stationary' playing a sniper, since you dont want to get up and break the effect. Dont be afraid to plop down entirely out of los and to on your bubble, though its best if you peek around the corner so you can provide fire support for your forward ranged casters who will have enemy melee come and try to kill them.

You play a sniper the same way you play a single target speced sorc in WAR. By knowing how not to be attacked in the first place. Do that and you just slaughter everything.

Just because you and me may see a sniper or a gunslinger as an important high priority target that should be taken out if it can, doesnt mean most players have a clue whats going on. If most people are idiots then tactics which work against idiots are perfectly viable tactics.

And a sniper is a decent 1v1 class if it pops its cooldown. Ive had smart melee dps just move on if ive poped my cooldowns. Yeah, the intent is to come back once theyve worn off. Well in that situation you just run away while they go kill something else.

Translation - hope you're going against newbies who ignore you, do well on the killboard and don't worry about whether or not you're actually useful to the team.

They do need some love, this is definitely true. They also deal almost all weapon damage, the only type of damage which can be shielded AND absorbed by armor, and are one of 2 or 3 ACs that do so (other being Sentinel and possibly Guardian, I believe). No I didn't read through all 4 pages of this thread.

But still, its not the doomsday you make it out to be. Is this the class for the person who wants to run around and be Rambo and just go steamroll people? Nope. Ok, so what does this class do?

OBJECTIVES.

You sit your Gunslinger behind some cover where he/she can see an objective. The enemy is LoS pillar humping? I don't care, they'll have to come out to get this objective. Are you getting a bajillion kills? No, not really, you're defending an objective.

Like I said, the Gunslinger really does need some more ability to kill things. But with their knockbacks and CCing abilties, combined with piles of AoE, they are pretty damn good at locking down an objective. Put a Gunslinger on one of the side turrets on Alderaan, have him take the side speeders for respawns, and the enemy is NEVER taking that damn thing. Especially if he's dirty fighting.

I do this in 50's. because aoe grenade rocks the alderaan cap points. However, leaving a smuggler alone is not a good idea. Stealth assassins who know what they are doing can pretty much drop you before you can even call inc 1 and cap that turret.

I don't have stealth detect. My interrupts don't last very long and if they know what they are doing its hard to over come stacked buff attacks from Sins.

I am not a fan of being charged with holding a turret. Maybe once I get BM gear and its more even I might not mind holding it solo, but you'd better watch the gear of the slinger whose expected to hold that turret. Stealthing is a real problem for us holding.

Translation - hope you're going against newbies who ignore you, do well on the killboard and don't worry about whether or not you're actually useful to the team.

Super tank mode?

You are dot and aoe food rooted. Dodge, escape. Ya. Does nothing against Dots or aoe. infact I think force attacks bypass dodge.

Maybe if dodge removed dots....

I don't see a super tank mode slinger. That is some serious garbage. It lets us get some dps off sure. A healer can keep us alive in the crowd with hunker up and we can get dps off. I tend to do that on doors/turrents to ensure cap/holding until the rest of the friends can get back in the fight.

It's good for 4 seconds. 5 with centurion. Dots still ticking.

Ur dead.

Dots stack too... which is total crap but that is another issue. I don't think our bubble works. I've got to test it more but I've seen to many times that thing is up and I am not seeing it work like my sorc friends.

Gunslingers/snipers are fine the way they are

They WERE fine until Bioware in all their infinite wisdom took the only real tool away from us in PvP with the surge nerf... burst. Sort of crazy they would apply a change like this without buffing certain classes. It's not like snipers/slingers were running rampant and destroying everyone they see. /sigh, they want to be Blizzard so bad they are even emulating the qualities that killed its own PvP... lack of vision and foresight with a dash of zero communication with it's PvP community.

They are fine in random PUGS.... and the surge nerfs lol?

When rated WZ arrive with 8 players Queue, Sniper isnt gonna have his place.

player vs player with same gear level , sniper is at at disadvantage, period.

Edited by DestyOwn

Gunslingers/snipers are fine the way they are

Pretty much.

I do consistent damage and top the DPS on my team almost every game. If I find a sorcerer / sage dare to stand toe to toe with me in a warzone that means I'm gonna get a medal for defeating a player one-vs-one

For those of you who don't know this yet there are two types of cover.

1,) Taking Cover - You'll see places all over the planet on every planet highlight when you're in range and with the press of a button your character will roll into that covered position. This is not natural for PvP and does not work properly for me. I sometimes roll into a spot that is surrounded by enemies or I can't see my target. I don't use this and advise everyone unbind it.

2,) Crouch - You will crouch in place and take cover. You gain all the same benefits from Take Cover but instead you don't roll all over the place like you do in donkey kong.

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

They are fine in random PUGS.... and the surge nerfs lol?

When rated WZ arrive with 8 players Queue, Sniper isnt gonna have his place.

player vs player with same gear level , sniper is at at disadvantage, period.

Uh ya the surge nerfs. In case you didn't notice good PvP snipers/gunslingers lost 20% on their burst potential due to the recalculation that this patch brought in.

Edited by Selout

Uh ya the surge nerfs. In case you didn't notice good PvP snipers/gunslingers lost 20% on their burst potential due to the recalculation that this patch brought in.

/Sarcasm

I lost over 17% in surge.. i had 87 pre patch now under 70. This NERF affects snipers the most, this class is based around crits and surge. Look chaneling attack that does Range weapon damage. only way to pierce that armor is with hit crits since its mitigated to the max.

Bioware a *********** bad at balancing.

Edited by DestyOwn

/Sarcasm

I lost over 17% in surge.. i had 87 pre patch now under 70. This NERF affects snipers the most, this class is based around crits and surge.

Sorry, pretty butt-hurt atm so it's affecting my ability to detect sarcasm. Starting to lose faith in Mr. Amatangelo here. Ilum is a pile of trash, over-nerfs on conceal/scrappers, now nerfing already struggling classes... lol. Not a formula for longevity. Starting to wonder if I should just delete my signature since it's pretty clear that's not the case.

Edited by Selout

More range would be nice. but I don't want them making changes to the class to make it the flavor of the week.

I took out what you said that I think most gunslingers who play it tend to feel as a good fix that won't ruin it for everyone else.

I am looking for bioware to just give the class a boost somewhere. The class needs some sort of tactic advantage and reason it should be elected for a group.

Whether that is pvp or Pve. No ac should feel like it has no real functional usage.

That is what it feels like to me.

If its holding positions points as one reason slingers exist stealth detect is really needed along with a boost to dodge. I can take the dirty kick speed boost if I am going with a turret holding spec.

I am just stating that fixes are needed. I don't want it fotm. Just flavorful. Something more than bland and weaker at everything.

I dont really see the problem.

I did great on my MM sniper just running around and doing a quick instant snipe -> followthrough -> takedown on anything that was hurt. It would kill them, i was never rooted in place, and it did good damage.

Nothing hurt? Forced crit instant snipe -> followthrough -> legshot -> 1.5 second ambush

Now its hurt, and you were only 'rooted' in place for 1.5 seconds, and so was the target.

Is there a huge big fight going on? Position yourself so something blocks you from being tab targeted from the majority of the enemy team near your healers, plop down, balistic shield and entrench, and just spam series of shots 1.5 second ambush follow throughs and takedowns on things. legshot if a melee starts harassing your healzors.

Someone attacking you?

Is it ranged? Los it and go about your business.

Is it melee? Pop all cooldowns and cover pulse. Crit snipe -> followthrough -> 1.5 second ambush, the melee has leaped back at you at this point and is within 10m range when the ambush goes off, so its knocked back again -> leg shot -> 3x series of shots with alacrity buff -> snipe with alacrity buff -> followthrough -> takedown

The only people i can see having trouble with the classess are those with laggy responce due to latency or an unfriendly dx/windows version to the game, who are unable to instantly get abilities/cover off with no delays.

Thats more of an engine problem than a class problem though, so at most, you should say, you should never play a sniper if you are experiencing delays on cover or other abilities. Ill agree to that.

even without cover delay the class is gimped

when i see a sniper its free points

All the posts stating gunslinger/sniper pvp is fine by level <50 posters, the rampant vendettas claiming their dominance without any kind of arguments and even posters referring to a totally different class aren't really helping towards a constructive discussion on the current state of this class.

In these discussions, one must be careful stating conclusions since no parsers are available, we are unable to base our assumptions on anything else but empirical data and logical thinking.

The shear disbalance in the mitigation system, medal distribution system, glaring bugs in the cover system and the limitation to the DPS role remain facts and greatly disfavor snipers/gunslingers.

Also, I would like to say one thing on all the subjective arguments. How can one say your best defense is based on positioning yourself not to get noticed by the opponents? There is no mechanism the opponent wouldnt be able to target the sniper/gunslinger if he would want to. On what server are the opponents mindlessly zerging, nevermind any stealthers around?

Pretty much.

I do consistent damage and top the DPS on my team almost every game. If I find a sorcerer / sage dare to stand toe to toe with me in a warzone that means I'm gonna get a medal for defeating a player one-vs-one

For those of you who don't know this yet there are two types of cover.

1,) Taking Cover - You'll see places all over the planet on every planet highlight when you're in range and with the press of a button your character will roll into that covered position. This is not natural for PvP and does not work properly for me. I sometimes roll into a spot that is surrounded by enemies or I can't see my target. I don't use this and advise everyone unbind it.

2,) Crouch - You will crouch in place and take cover. You gain all the same benefits from Take Cover but instead you don't roll all over the place like you do in donkey kong.

Ur really posting this here? How to use cover? I don't mean to be rude, but your not a lvl 50 gunslinger yet. Ur in blostered pvp with god knows what skilled/level classes. With players tinkering.

Please don't come to a legitmate thread on things this class needs fixed. Oh and you should re-roll now before its to late. You've clearly not yet experienced this class and why what you posted is not accurate.

Have you ever dueled a sage? Anyways, I am trying to get someone at bioware to investigate this classes issues. I'd settle for a we hear you gunslingers and snipers and are looking at the issue. A response to 1 of the numerous threads I have seen on the topic would help me feel like someone cares about the entire agent/smuggler class. Considering its 1 of 4 classes and is in terrible shape you'd think it would get someone to say esh.... 3% play this class regularly? mmmm..... something isn't right.

I am just making my case for we need a fix/fixes.

Not a I suck. Waaa.... I should kill everything with 1 button.

I am asking for someone to really look at our balance issues. Look at our numbers in only how bioware can and promise that it will get adjusted in the next few patches.

I know that is asking alot considering the qq and whining. But hopefully by having a honest discussion on the boards today about the issues will get some eyes on my concerns.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

All the posts stating gunslinger/sniper pvp is fine by level <50 posters, the rampant vendettas claiming their dominance without any kind of arguments and even posters referring to a totally different class aren't really helping towards a constructive discussion on the current state of this class.

In these discussions, one must be careful stating conclusions since no parsers are available, we are unable to base our assumptions on anything else but empirical data and logical thinking.

The shear disbalance in the mitigation system, medal distribution system, glaring bugs in the cover system and the limitation to the DPS role remain facts and greatly disfavor snipers/gunslingers.

Also, I would like to say one thing on all the subjective arguments. How can one say your best defense is based on positioning yourself not to get noticed by the opponents? There is no mechanism the opponent wouldnt be able to target the sniper/gunslinger if he would want to. On what server are the opponents mindlessly zerging, nevermind any stealthers around?

Hence the fact that sniper are fine in random PUG, but in 8v8 Pre-made Snipers wont stand 15seconds. They will get ganked in 3 seconds by 3 leaping warriors

Edited by DestyOwn

I took out what you said that I think most gunslingers who play it tend to feel as a good fix that won't ruin it for everyone else.

I am looking for bioware to just give the class a boost somewhere. The class needs some sort of tactic advantage and reason it should be elected for a group.

Whether that is pvp or Pve. No ac should feel like it has no real functional usage.

That is what it feels like to me.

If its holding positions points as one reason slingers exist stealth detect is really needed along with a boost to dodge. I can take the dirty kick speed boost if I am going with a turret holding spec.

I am just stating that fixes are needed. I don't want it fotm. Just flavorful. Something more than bland and weaker at everything.

Couldn't agree more. It's not that I don't do well, because I do. I mean, I am a multi-gladiator in wow, pre-1.1.1 Battlemaster (which means no Ilum zerg farming), and am current valor 69 on a high pop/active server where the ratio is like 4:1 Sith, who plays with the same team I've had for years and have had success with as Republic. I state all that cuz some might say, "L2P noob" or something to that effect.

I don't want to be the next over-powered thing that's going to get nerfed. I just want them to end this downward spiral they seem to be headed on in regards to class balance. In the end, I just want to be competitive and useful and have a place. With the surge nerfs in the absence of any sort of buffs to slinger/sniper, I don't see a reason to bring a slinger/sniper. With the surge nerf, it took away our only niche... burst. Now, our burst is so beyond gimped why bring us at all? Ranged interrupt? Sage/Sorc. Ranged damage? Sage/Sorc. Group support? Sage/Sorc. Ranged burst? Commando/Merc is better innately. Survivability? Really, any other AC. See the pattern here?

Please stop doing a Blizzard and stay silent. Give us some hope you know what you are doing Bioware.

Edited by Selout