Why You Should NEVER Play a Gunslinger/Sniper

PlagaNerezza

So when you play against low geared people you just faceroll them. Congratulations that is quite impressive.

LOL you obviously didnt read. It was just to make a point. Any BM Geared people will faceroll low geared people.

The point is

Bm Geared Sniper against BM Geared Opponent is always at a disadvantage.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a melee player protect his sniper buddy the other day and they were beastly together. I've seen snipers top charts quite often in pug vs pug. But as soon as there is any organization at all on the enemy team, the sniper gets focused down. You can't leave them alone to do as they please or they'll seriously hurt you.

Not sure if this patch changed anything, though, aren't some people saying it messes with MM?

People keep saying that but ya know organized PvP 8v8 premades are going to include healers ... so yeah focus that sniper all you want. :)

LOL you obviously didnt read. It was just to make a point. Any BM Geared people will faceroll low geared people.

The point is

Bm Geared Sniper against BM Geared Opponent is always at a disadvantage.

Learn to play your class? respec? have you tried marksman spec because it is DEVINE

I'm pretty sure you're just mad that you cant out DPS other classes because other classes have choices like "do I wanna be a tank or dps ... a healer or dps .." and the sniper is just raw DPS and u wonder ... why don't we do more DPS?

The answer to that question is quite simple which makes it that much more infuriating.

Learn to play your class.

Learn to play your class? respec? have you tried marksman spec because it is DEVINE

I'm pretty sure you're just mad that you cant out DPS other classes because other classes have choices like "do I wanna be a tank or dps ... a healer or dps .." and the sniper is just raw DPS and u wonder ... why don't we do more DPS?

The answer to that question is quite simple which makes it that much more infuriating.

All i play is Marksman, i top chart with marksman, top charts with lethality... i tried lethality 1 weeks then got bored because its so boring and i gave up on killing sorcs when all they did was purge my dots.

So i went back to the Burst Spec. but oh wait they nerfed the fundamental of our class "Surge"

You seem like a godly snipers who just owns everything because you L2P like a god. plz tell me you are on the fatman server so i can admire your skills.

so untill you get 600-700k dmg in wz I can tell you the same thing l2p you class

how can a healer get 400k dmg and 300k heal in wz and a pure dps class cant get 500k dmg?

People keep saying that but ya know organized PvP 8v8 premades are going to include healers ... so yeah focus that sniper all you want. :)

It will be different for everyone in 8v8, but even if I decide to premade it, I'll still spend quite a bit of time playing the pvp I most enjoy, and that's randoms.

so untill you get 600-700k dmg in wz I can tell you the same thing l2p you class

how can a healer get 400k dmg and 300k heal in wz and a pure dps class cant get 500k dmg?

That healer is probably surrounded by his team farming the opposition.

1 magnificent game of huttball does not crown a player elite.

Pretty much.

I do consistent damage and top the DPS on my team almost every game. If I find a sorcerer / sage dare to stand toe to toe with me in a warzone that means I'm gonna get a medal for defeating a player one-vs-one

Yes, if you sit there and tab, you can do quite a bit of damage. If you're actually trying to help your team...Well, no, this is not doing your job.

All i play is Marksman, i top chart with marksman, top charts with lethality... i tried lethality 1 weeks then got bored because its so boring and i gave up on killing sorcs when all they did was purge my dots.

So i went back to the Burst Spec. but oh wait they nerfed the fundamental of our class "Surge"

You seem like a godly snipers who just owns everything because you L2P like a god. plz tell me you are on the fatman server so i can admire your skills.

As a matter of fact I do play on The Fatman. We should hookup and talk sniperstuff

Lol, all the pug BG farmer try-hards are going to get destroyed come ladder time. 600K as a sharpshooter/marksman? Lol, sure. Screen-shot your gear, with the AC next to your name with the talent tree open with that score or I call bs. All you "l2p" idiots either are on some backwater server with no competition AT ALL or just flat out trolling. Lol.

Are you insane? My damage output is absolutely ridiculous in Warzones...

I seriously cannot comprehend how you can think snipers are bad in pvp. I've been top damage in my past 10-12 wzs, even pulling upwards of 600k+ on voidstar.

Try running a Lethality/engineering hybrid. People mistakenly label the class as a turret, when in reality even if you are running marksmanship you should stay relatively mobile. I'm not trying to insult you, I just literally cannot comprehend how you can think they are bad. I've played at least every class to 30ish, and my Sniper @ 50, so I have a general good idea of comparisons.

In case you were curious, this is the build I am currently using to astounding success.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400ZMI0roRbZGbrkMbGz.1

Essentially the idea is to abuse pillars/ Los while keeping continuous pressure on the enemy team with DoTs. When you need to, Ambush+Explosive probe (spamming Ex probe so that it is activated off your ambush) +takedown for some insane burst potential.

I generally have top damage no matter the circumstance, its absolutely insane.

Marks works just as well actually, provided you have some decent consistency for your team.

I seriously cannot comprehend how you can think snipers are bad in pvp. I've been top damage in my past 10-12 wzs, even pulling upwards of 600k+ on voidstar.

Try running a Lethality/engineering hybrid. People mistakenly label the class as a turret, when in reality even if you are running marksmanship you should stay relatively mobile. I'm not trying to insult you, I just literally cannot comprehend how you can think they are bad. I've played at least every class to 30ish, and my Sniper @ 50, so I have a general good idea of comparisons.

In case you were curious, this is the build I am currently using to astounding success.

Essentially the idea is to abuse pillars/ Los while keeping continuous pressure on the enemy team with DoTs. When you need to, Ambush+Explosive probe (spamming Ex probe so that it is activated off your ambush) +takedown for some insane burst potential.

Marks works just as well actually, provided you have some decent consistency for your team.

Lethality works against ****** players, and as the game evolves , people are finding their Purge buttons.

and Voidstar? come on. probably the worst WZ ever to compare DPS haha

ANY : aoe dmg aoe-dot class is gonna out damage single target dps like MM. rofl

Edited by DestyOwn

Thanks for the 1800 arena bracket tips.

BTW, this spec is for pug farming. I don't care about that... at all. Any decent dispelling Commando will utterly negate your effectiveness as this spec. Sorry.

Again, screenshot the marks/ss tree at the end of the 600K+ match or I call bs.

Edited by Selout

Yes, if you sit there and tab, you can do quite a bit of damage. If you're actually trying to help your team...Well, no, this is not doing your job.

Snap Shot: Entering cover has a 100% chance to make the next Snipe/Charged Blast to activate instantly.

Ballistic Dampers: Entering cover grants 3 charges of Ballistic Dampers each charge absorbs 30% of the damage dealt by incoming attacks - happens every 1.5 seconds and can be gained every 6 seconds.

With that said ... why stand in one spot? And what made you suspect that was what I was doing? do you think I just plant myself in cover and the fools just rush me getting destroyed 1 by 1? .... what made you jump to such a bold conclusion.

P.S Obviously you need to move around with your team and take cover to use certain abilities so .... move around / take cover / pewpewpew / repeat. You get left behind or you fall behind and get ***** that is your own fault.

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

Lethality works against ****** players, and as the game evolves , people are finding their Purge buttons.

and Voidstar? come on. probably the worst WZ ever to compare DPS haha

ANY : aoe dmg aoe-dot class is gonna out damage single target dps like MM. rofl

I drop aoe and they stand in it or bunch together. I got 600k dps! I am in BM gear pre-made and they are in orange armor newb 50's.

Voidstar. I mean come on. I know about the dmg output possible running heavy dot builds and bad groups standing in your fire.

You know that is a completely dependent build on groups not aware of the game mechanics.

The thread is about fixing the broken mechanical issues the class has. Not some competition on who can find the best dps score on a map with a build.

So please tell us you think everything is fine with gunslinger and sniper. That this entire thread about the class doesn't have valid issues people playing the class encounter. That its untrue that there are not significant gaps in the play style of the game.

Again, screenshot the marks/ss tree at the end of the 600K+ match or I call bs.

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/CupieFoxtail/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-02-06_19_03_35_203700.jpg

As sharpshooter

Oh wait, only 560k

Stupid champion gear!

http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/CupieFoxtail/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-02-12_18_43_39_098023.jpg

470k in huttball

Edited by CupieFoxtail

I drop aoe and they stand in it or bunch together. I got 600k dps! I am in BM gear pre-made and they are in orange armor newb 50's.

Voidstar. I mean come on. I know about the dmg output possible running heavy dot builds and bad groups standing in your fire.

You know that is a completely dependent build on groups not aware of the game mechanics.

The thread is about fixing the broken mechanical issues the class has. Not some competition on who can find the best dps score on a map with a build.

So please tell us you think everything is fine with gunslinger and sniper. That this entire thread about the class doesn't have valid issues people playing the class encounter. That its untrue that there are not significant gaps in the play style of the game.

Well said, these people are talking about farming newbs while we're talking about real PvP and our role. Just crazy how some people are satisfied with pug farmage. I don't get it.

Are you talking to me , or the guy i was answering?

Lol I don't see a SS of your talent tree. I see no marks/sharpshooter. Is this pre-1.1.1? Lol, farming level 12's? Come on now.

Edit: Not to mention over 1/2 of your abilities are unbound. /sigh

Edited by Selout

25kills.

all you did was spam dots and aoe and didnt use a single cull. and if you look at the other teams healing well, they overhealed your dots so bad so you continued to spam them.

can't wait to see this strat in 8v8 pre-made.

25kills.

all you did was spam dots and aoe and didnt use a single cull. and if you look at the other teams healing well, they overhealed your dots so bad so you continued to spam them.

can't wait to see this strat in 8v8 pre-made.

You can look at the huttball one if you want... 68 kills, 2 deaths

Edited by CupieFoxtail

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.