Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

In order to hit approx 5 mil by this time next year you need to see monthly sales of around 350k-360k a month, and that's with a retention rate staying at around 70%. We aren't seeing that right now.

If they add new regions/countries you can help offset that required growth but in the absence of global expansion it will be tough.

Aren't they officially releasing in Australia and other regions soon?

Edit:

If the game hits 5 million subs (not what China does), then SWTOR will make more monthly income than WoW.

;)

Edited by Azzras

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish I could sell 9k copies of something in a week.

Also, isn't box sells still limited?

To add to this, the general consensus is that there are a a butt load of people playing.

I don't see the concern...unless you are petitioning for the game to fail...

Why does stating facts and sales numbers mean I want the game to fail? I bought the CE and am staying subscribed so I have a vested interest in the game succeeding.

That said, I also don't just blindly accept what people say is happening. I tend to look at facts, and the facts show that TOR didn't even crack the TOP 40 sales chart in the US for the week of 2/4. That concerns me.

Why does stating facts and sales numbers mean I want the game to fail? I bought the CE and am staying subscribed so I have a vested interest in the game succeeding.

That said, I also don't just blindly accept what people say is happening. I tend to look at facts, and the facts show that TOR didn't even crack the TOP 40 sales chart in the US for the week of 2/4. That concerns me.

Why? Sells is not equal to subs.

Again, aren't box sells limited and people are on waiting lists right now?

Why? Sells is not equal to subs.

Again, aren't box sells limited and people are on waiting lists right now?

New sales are needed to offset churn. If new sales do not more than cover churn, subs fall.

Haven't heard of any limited issues. I haven't seen anyone saying they have to get on a waiting list to buy the game. Shelves are fully stocked here in the US.

So basically, if the fleet population is dropping, it's because less people are playing the game... but if the fleet population is growing, it's because less people are playing the game.

So no matter what the population is on the fleets, you're saying it's a sign that less people are playing the game?

If there are that many people on the fleet, then they wouldn't be waiting for queues, as there are enough to fill the queues.

I never said the the population was growing or declining. I was pointing out that using the number of people on the fleet is an inaccurate gauge of server population. Even still, this is a trolling thread so this information is all moot.

Edited by harry_manback

My Server is growing indefinitely and I feel good about the game's progression...

I was level 50 around Jan. 20th, We had about 20 people in Republic Fleet and we had like 40 Guild Members...Fast Forward almost a month, there is 80-100 in Republic Fleet and 150 Guild Members :-)

This thread is very weird, everyone should realize that more people come to the fleet when the population starts to reach 50.

Standing at the fleet looking for group is the lvl. 50 content for many players.

These stats from VGCharts though are alarming imho:

Global First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week Ending Week Weekly Change Total

24th December 2011 1 1,453,494 N/A 1,453,494

31st December 2011 2 316,194 -78.2% 1,769,688

07th January 2012 3 111,762 -64.7% 1,881,450

14th January 2012 4 67,742 -39.4% 1,949,192

21st January 2012 5 59,131 -12.7% 2,008,323

28th January 2012 6 49,075 -17.0% 2,057,398

04th February 2012 7 36,225 -26.2% 2,093,623

Ofc. total sales go down compared to launch, but the amount it keeps dropping is surprising imo.

36k Worldwide sales? I simply cannot see how that warrants population growth versus the number of people that stop playing.

These stats from VGCharts though are alarming imho:

Global First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week Ending Week Weekly Change Total

24th December 2011 1 1,453,494 N/A 1,453,494

31st December 2011 2 316,194 -78.2% 1,769,688

07th January 2012 3 111,762 -64.7% 1,881,450

14th January 2012 4 67,742 -39.4% 1,949,192

21st January 2012 5 59,131 -12.7% 2,008,323

28th January 2012 6 49,075 -17.0% 2,057,398

04th February 2012 7 36,225 -26.2% 2,093,623

Ofc. total sales go down compared to launch, but the amount it keeps dropping is surprising imo.

36k Worldwide sales? I simply cannot see how that warrants population growth versus the number of people that stop playing.

Math. Either you get it or you dont.

New sales are needed to offset churn. If new sales do not more than cover churn, subs fall.

Haven't heard of any limited issues. I haven't seen anyone saying they have to get on a waiting list to buy the game. Shelves are fully stocked here in the US.

well, its not just box sales anymore, they sell a crapload of digital downloads. they sayid that 40% of the 2 million sales was digital, which is not recorded by vgcharts or whatever. Which is BTW not a good source for game sales.

I know that me and my friends which play games only deal in digital sales. I mean, why go to the store when you can buy instantly on the net and download?

1.7 million players isn't MASSIVE enough for you?

Try something new, like...i don't know...being social?

OH NOES, I NEED A BUTTON TO HELP ME FIND PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH SO I CAN NINJA THEIR STUFF AND NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!

That sum up your opinion?

Chromiie, I normally don't like to feed your kind but this is an exception.

The sky is falling!

Just let him go back under his bridge. He enjoys it there

well, its not just box sales anymore, they sell a crapload of digital downloads. they sayid that 40% of the 2 million sales was digital, which is not recorded by vgcharts or whatever. Which is BTW not a good source for game sales.

I know that me and my friends which play games only deal in digital sales. I mean, why go to the store when you can buy instantly on the net and download?

I don't agree with your assessment. Look at vgcharts estimates compared to what EA shared at the earnings release call and their estimate is very close to what EA said sales were.

Plus with WoW not releasing anymore content until the expansion pack, which will probably be towards the end of the year. And D3 being slated to release Q2 (summer) and GW2 summer as well I think you are only going to see more people try this game for something new, since its the only mmorpg which is AAA and pretty good word of mouth so far.

Bioware need to capitalize on this time and do the right thing to attract more people if they want to grow. 1.2 needs to at least add LFD and cross server PvP and some combat log, IMO the biggest 3 issues that SWTOR has right now.

LMAO, 10 minutes after servers came up? Now, I'm not claiming that I know the status of the game, but an analysis taken right after the servers come back up (and assuming off-peak, hence them being down) is just asinine.

You apparently missed the sarcasm dripping off that post.