Server Population is GROWING!

Azzras

Every website out there that tracks the servers Status (Light, Standard, Heavy, Very Heavy Full) has the playerbase dropping.

But hey, I'm sure if I close my eyes, plug my eyes and start singing "Pigs can fly" to myself, then eventually, pigs will fly.

This website actually shows steady numbers for the last four weeks for Swtor overall.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/index.php?app=statistics&module=servers&section=list&game=swtor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleet used to only have about 50-60 republic players, but now during prime time has over 100!

As BW releases more copies of the game, more players log in.

Tis a good day.

Edit:

I added these screenshots from the thread: NA Server Status 9:48 EST: Population Thriving!

That thread was created on February 18, 2012.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR4.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR3.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR2.png

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z392/Azzras/SWTOR1.png

Tbh i think you will find it's more likely player's are hitting level 50 and congregating on Fleet more as thats' pretty much where end game is aside from the few on Ilum PVPing.

Guessing english isn't first language?

Regardless, depending on what timezone you want try The Fatman, Dark Reaper, or any "very heavy" server. Even if they are outnumbered, the community is large enough that there will be plenty of republic.

FYI I am from Florida and second thank you for the information if this server has not the requirement i look for i have new targets

i am online 12hrs each day the problem mainly is and dont be offended yet to get a guild that can do raids i hope this server is diffrent i tried the european servers but since i dont speak rusian and only little italian its hard to find a good guild i do not say the guilds on the server i where where bad but not suited for endgame content

I apologize in advance if my pov is offensive to some

People really need to stop posting that server pop is growing, its just not in the interest of the long term health of the game to stick your head in the sand.

No one is asking anyone to admit the game is a failure, or that its broken/dying or anything like that. People just want the community to come forward and say "The population on most servers is declining, this needs to be addressed."

I know its never a good thing to admit that only a couple months after launch subs are dropping noticeably, or at least people logging in and playing, but you have to be realistic and deal with real problems, otherwise they become systemic.

Yep, all the familiar names that claimed to have unsubbed still posting haha.

As long as your currently paid sub does not run out you can still post. ETA : I have unsubbed yesterday and can still psot, and will do so until 20th of march or something.

Edited by Aepervius

This website actually shows steady numbers for the last four weeks for Swtor overall.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/index.php?app=statistics&module=servers&section=list&game=swtor

For a very bizarre definition of steady.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/backend/applications_addon/other/statistics/graphs/swtor/yearly/overall-big.png

The drop is slow, but the trend is clear : it is going slightly down.

IMHO that does not mean the game is dying or a success or anything. This actually means nothing on such a short time span. Now let us talk back about that , say, in june, after 6 months.

Personally i would not care less if the subs are dropping. What I *DO* care is what BW will do in the next month to ameliorate the part of the game which are in the way of my enjoyment :

* auction house GUI

* UI improvement

* many more WZ

I like the game, but not enough to further subs without such improvement.

That talks of more or less subs or login ? Not really interesting compared to the development speed BW will take in the few months. And what will come in new.

For a very bizarre definition of steady.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/backend/applications_addon/other/statistics/graphs/swtor/yearly/overall-big.png

The drop is slow, but the trend is clear : it is going slightly down.

IMHO that does not mean the game is dying or a success or anything. This actually means nothing on such a short time span. Now let us talk back about that , say, in june, after 6 months.

Personally i would not care less if the subs are dropping. What I *DO* care is what BW will do in the next month to ameliorate the part of the game which are in the way of my enjoyment :

* auction house GUI

* UI improvement

* many more WZ

I like the game, but not enough to further subs without such improvement.

That talks of more or less subs or login ? Not really interesting compared to the development speed BW will take in the few months. And what will come in new.

Thanks for linking to a different graph and calling my definition "bizarre". If you look at the 4 week graph which I linked to in my post you see that the pop hovers around 400 for the last four weeks, maybe a small decline but well within the limits of "quite steady".

Edited by Jordgubben

People really need to stop posting that server pop is growing, its just not in the interest of the long term health of the game to stick your head in the sand.

No one is asking anyone to admit the game is a failure, or that its broken/dying or anything like that. People just want the community to come forward and say "The population on most servers is declining, this needs to be addressed."

I know its never a good thing to admit that only a couple months after launch subs are dropping noticeably, or at least people logging in and playing, but you have to be realistic and deal with real problems, otherwise they become systemic.

people can do as they wish and if people think they say sever population is a concern and i agree if a high population is on a server then there is a chance some good things can be done instead of being on an almost dead server

I am not saying the situation is okay but we can only hope bioware sees the catastrophe the are racing at blindfolded as it seems

Thanks for linking to a different graph and calling my definition "bizarre". If you look at the 4 week graph which I linked to in my post you see that the pop hovers around 400 for the last four weeks, maybe a small decline but well within the limits of "quite steady".

OK let me be more clear on my point. The variation from day to day, is greater than the actually variation long term. You cannot by "expanding" and looking at it show it is stable in population. You would need to take an averaged curve, and plot about longer. You would need to de-convolute the sinusoidal nature of the population variation over day or week, to extract the linear trend. Which is why I linked the other graph showing that the peaks are going down from week to week, as well as the bottoms. It is not stable it is going slightly down.

The graph you showed , has too much noise and convoluted sinusoidal function to be able to clearly show anything.

ETA: and this is also why I said look again in 6 months, are on such a short period of time it is difficult to make a trend out.

Edited by Aepervius

I have a simple question

is there a server on the north American side

that has a big comounity on republic side

sofar i have not found it

If some of you can help post or mail thank you

Cruciable Pits, Prophecy of Five, Velaa, form what i heard.

Plenty of good US servers it seems, with good population.

Look at the peaks. Most of then 4 weeks ago were around the 450 range now they peak at just under 400.

That graph does not show holding steady but a slow decline.

Look at the peaks. Most of then 4 weeks ago were around the 450 range now they peak at just under 400.

That graph does not show holding steady but a slow decline.

Yes, I also see the small decline the past 4 weeks. However, my point is that the posters in this thread who claims that the game is dying and that there is a mass exodus from the servers are wrong. If many people loving the game is spending all their time on the forums i dont know but by browsing the forums its clear that there are a lot of people here that wishes for the game to fail, why that is eludes my mind.

I'm not going to say this is a trend but last night...a Wednesday night no less...I saw more people on the fleet than ever before at 182.

WZs were popping rapidly and there were more of them against the opposing faction as well.

So my server seems to be thriving. Feel bad for those that are not though.