Where has everyone gone?

gonoada

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More people might have bought the game, but alot can still have canceled their subscribtion. If they just release the sale number, its to make it seem like more is joining. The number that should be used, is the subscribers. But i wouldnt be surpriced if people where leaving.

Oh dont worry, I didnt report You. However I believe this post will grant You another warning :p

This demonstrates without a doubt how young you are to think calling someone ignorant of facts would demand a board warning.

It is obvious you are attempting to direct attention away from the fact that the numbers you used to prove your point were for an incorrect time period.

You've lost all credibility to this discussion since you can't even figure out how to understand a basic quarterly report press release - and considering it is spelled out for you....yes..no credibility.

No one will really be able to argue numbers until 2-5 months from now when the 3-6 month subs run out. Many people bought those lengths of time because it was cheaper by the month but many have already quit. I'm glad I did mine month to month. Edited by Big_Luvin

Thats not really evidence it is rising or dropping.

It +- shows how many players are in game, it looks like its stable since januari.

This is a theory why it is stable.

- 'new buyers' fill up the spots for people that are leaving/not playing any more.

Because this game is still new and there still enough new buyers.

(like ibervang has said what i didn't see writing this post)

But this is relative so can't really say much.

Edited by Rigota

Thats not really evidence it is rising or dropping.

It +- shows how many players are in game, it looks like its stable since januari.

This is a theory why it is stable.

- 'new buyers' fill up the spots for people that are leaving/not playing any more.

Because this game is still new and there still enough new buyers.

(like ibervang has said what i didn't see writing this post)

yes thats it ! thats the ticket , lol you guys are funny , hope the compensation is worth looking this silly.

Now, you see, there are these things called "alts" and "datacrons", and "missions" and "warzones" that people like to do on this game. They can take place on all sorts of planets, Coruscant, Tatooine, Hoth, Quesh, Nar Shadaa, Dromund Kaas, Balmorra, Taris, Ord Mantell, Hutta, and all sorts of other places! And you also see, that when people do these, they cannot be on the fleet while they do them, they have to hop on into their ship and go fly to the planet, or they have to log off of their level 50 to get onto their level 20 or whatever level he/she is.

So do not fret, a large portion of the players on this game are probably not WoW-esque PvPers, they've still got a number of stories to go through, a few classes to try out to make sure it fits their learning style.

Either that or the server was boring so they went to a new one, my main is on Fa'athra, a really boring server, whilst my alts are on Vrook Lamar. I cannot wait for server transfers.

thats true...but there was that before. total population is down 70% on average across all servers.

the broken pvp and bugs in pve quests were to much for people.

they will mostly come back when fixed, as they spammed on the forums.

this may be summer before it happens but mergers will happen before

thats true...but there was that before. total population is down 70% on average across all servers.

wiat what - did you just pull a random number out of your butt? Link to where it says server pops are down 70% across the board.

yes thats it ! thats the ticket , lol you guys are funny , hope the compensation is worth looking this silly.

Well it is not a silly fact that there are new players and there are leavers. I don't think it has a big effect though in the status websites graphs.

this is my server which has dropped noticeably.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/?app=statistics&module=server&section=view&game=swtor&server=eu-pvp-niman

Edited by Rigota

still waiting for that link

I find it amusing that people care so little about this game, yet care enough about the game to make posts informing us how little they care about the game.

Tonight when I take my wife to dinner, I'm going to stand up and yell to the entire restaurant that I hate the food, then complain to everyone that I don't like the food and that they are CRAZY for continuing to eat the food.

I find it amusing that people care so little about this game, yet care enough about the game to make posts informing us how little they care about the game.

Tonight when I take my wife to dinner, I'm going to stand up and yell to the entire restaurant that I hate the food, then complain to everyone that I don't like the food and that they are CRAZY for continuing to eat the food.

Maybe keep others from making the same mistake?

U guys would make any excuse possible and impossible just not to face the fact that SWTOR is loosing players every day. I cant believe how far would You go to defend this game.

With all the evidence, you will still blindly pull out less and less possible excuses to back up your theory that the game is growing.

Its sad.

What's sad is how you simply go from thread to thread spreading more doom and gloom ALL DAY LONG, instead of being constructive or just doing something else.

It's becoming more and more obvious that you're a paid forum poster, and if not, then I feel even more sorry for you for wasting your time posting on the forums of a game you don't enjoy.

I can see me going if they dont start fixing stuff, never have i seen such a pathetic mmo launch, CS then SWTOR.

Now imo the smoothest launch has been Rift, and its also a game that is delivering to its fan base, its a well put together game , and at present if SW dont sort it self out in the coming month or so i thikn ill be back to Rift, and then to GW2. Shame as SW was the game i been waiting for for a long time but its not delivering the goods at present.

So come on Bioware give us a decent playable, game with decent UI and more options for char customisation, and open the game up a bit its to linear in alot of places and im gettting fed up doing same quests over and over on my alts , is suchj alot misisng from this game. Ill give it a bit more time but at mo they do need to pull their socks up and staret listing to folks.

Didnt You read the OP? Dont You read at all?

BW reported 1,7 mil active subs, which is 300k less then it was after first month.

Out of those 1,7mil are plenty "active subs" like me, who got 6 months sub and quit the game in Feb. So they are in this awesome BW subs count, but they are not playing their product anymore.

And every second thread from different servers and factions reports about decrease of number of players in guilds/servers etc. Its just funny to say that 50s are rerolling alts. But the number of players online is reducing in every zone..even low lvl zones. So thats just irrelevant argument.

Let's use your own logic here.

Every second thread is about populations growing.

See I can make stuff up too.

It's funny that you think that just because you payed a 6 month sub and aren't playing anymore that everybody else must be doing the same thing.

On the three servers that I frequent the populations across all zones are increasing. Some slower than others but increasing nonetheless. Now before you go spouting that this is because they lowered the caps, I am not basing this on the log in screen but by the actual pops across all zones. Both factions btw with more growth (thankfully) on the republic side than the Empire.

I'm sorry the game isn't failing when you so desperately seem to need it to be so. Maybe if you try hard enough you can spoil peoples fun in the next game that comes along. In the meantime you might try telling 5 year olds there's no Santa or standing outside the theater and yelling the ending of the movie out as people go in to see it.

The bugs and other such issues didn't bother me much at all. Most MMORPG's have issues in their infancy. What bothered me was finding out that, aside from the awesome quest dialog and voice acting, this was just another MMORPG that sacrificed too much to try and ensure no one ever had to seek out others to play with.

Combat is trivial. Skill upgrades are trivial. The group content I played pretty much involved everyone going all-out DPS on pretty much everything in sight, then healing themselves between fights. Boring...to me, anyway.

Seems to me, if you're a huge fan of the franchise, then the game is probably an enjoyable way to spend your time. If you're just a general sci-fi or MMORPG fan, you may not find much here you won't find in a dozen other games.

I'm unsubbing from my WoW account. I think I have done enough magic crystals, Elves, orcs, etc....

At least this format is pretty fresh (although the mechanics are very much like WoW) and I grew up with the lore of Star Wars. I hope more of the potential of the lore and Star Wars story gets rolled into the game...new races, new classes, new planets, additional Warzones, Flashpoints, storylines.....all the stuff that made Star Wars so much fun to grow up with.

Hang in there folks. I think the game will stabilize, grow some, and the core group will stay loyal as long as the developers are working to better the game.

Just make sure that when you shout, "I hate this food!" you're facing the waiter or one of the cooks. I know that whenever I take the time to criticize a game on the forums, it's not for your benefit, it's for the mods. Hopefully someone who matters will take it to heart.

Do you treat *everything* you read as a direct message to you?

What's sad is how you simply go from thread to thread spreading more doom and gloom ALL DAY LONG, instead of being constructive or just doing something else.

No, the sad part is the fact that you have such a narrow view of what qualifies as "constructive".

People say they don't like the gameplay and describe why they feel that way - they're viewed as haters and malcontents. People voice concerns regarding a noticeable drop in player population on their particular server - they're spreading doom and gloom.

Basically, you won't be ok with any negative feedback.

With all the evidence,

Its sad.

Havent noticed any 'drop' in numbers on the server I've been on since Dec. You have an official proof of this or just speculating? Or perhaps following like a blind-sheep on what others have said? JUst curious.

I dunno. People work. People have other interests and lives outside SWTOR?

I was looking at the pop on my own server and noticed it had gone up, not down, and this was yesterday on a Monday. So I don't really know what drives and ebb and flow of daily server population. A lot of various factors, I guess.

Would agree.

All that happened is the servers are finally seeing a normal flow. Weekday a MMO will have low census and Friday and Saturday are peaks.

It's becoming more and more obvious that you're a paid forum poster, and if not, then I feel even more sorry for you for wasting your time posting on the forums of a game you don't enjoy.

Not all day long, just when Im bored at work.

I tried to be constructive at the beginning.

But with this community there is no point. With this developer and publisher there is no point.

So I turned to just stating the obvious and see how SW fan boys try hard defending the game :)