So a mix of PvP & PvE gear is best for WZs? Makes tons of sense.......

Kentontudor

I know I'm not the first to mention this, but it needs to be out there.

So I grind to Battlemaster, then I buy the gear I have to buy with commendations (I had 1000 commendations of each saved up)... then I come to find out that all of the warzones were just for an upgrade of a few minimal expertise, aim, and endurance points? And then I find out that the best gear is to mix the PvE and PvP end game sets?

I don't have a problem with PvE'ers coming into warzones with PvE end game gear and 20k+ health, but at least buff the Battlemaster gear. Make it mean something to grind to Battlemaster. I understand keeping high leveled PvP gear as under powered as possible to make it fair in WZs against players with lower level gear, but aren't these type games for gear progression and the time you put into it?

Look at the stat upgrades from Centurion----->Champion gear.

Then look at the stat upgrades from Champion-----> Battlemaster gear.

I don't know how BW came up with those calculations.

I'm not mad about the PvP because I enjoy WZs for the most part. It just makes me angry when a guy with PvE gear comes in and already has better gear than you at Valor rank 35 when I'm at Valor 61.

Edited by Kentontudor

if you're in full BM gear and you're having that much trouble with people in pve gear then I don't think the gear is your problem...

Is this you guys' answer to everything?

Skill level?

I do very well in PvP.

But I'm not talking about the skill, I'm talking about the gear.

I wear 4-piece Columi and prefer it over my Champion gear. The only way to solve the problem you have with it, is to make the Expertise stat more effective in PvP. Which would make the "I shouldn't have to be geared" crybabies go insane.

I wish they would just remove PvP gear altogether and give multiple paths to get crafting materials for gear. Spawn camping rare mobs/raiding/crafting crits/quests/etc. All dropping crafting materials and not gear.

Edited by Sevvy

Skill level?

I do very well in PvP.

But I'm not talking about the skill, I'm talking about the gear.

Expertise suffers heavily from diminishing returns after at around 10-11% and beyond. So if you have access to Rakata gear, mixing it with BM is the way to go, I believe. You'll gain a lot, raw Endurance+Mainstat-wise, and you'll won't lose that much in terms of Expertise. I haven't done the math, so I don't really know where the "sweet spot" is, but my gut feeling tells me that 550-600 Expertise is more than sufficient.

If it's Columi VS BM, however, I'd have to test it out thoroughly before making any kind of decision.

I'm in BM/Champ gear and I rip through people rolling in full rakata. I don't think you understand the logic behind PvP gear. The only difference between BM and Rakata is the expertise vs the added main stat + endurance. Crit/surge/alacrity/accuracy etc are all identical. An extra 2000-3000 hp with no mitigation is worthless in PvP.

Math has already been done, best damage gain comes from critted rakata bracers/belts. Every other rakata piece is only a tiny bit of overall damage/healing improval over BM gear, which does not make up for the reduced damage taken expertise gives you. If you really need the extra burst damage, go for it, but it's not all that good. Of course if you have a tremendously good 2p pve bonus, it shiftens the decision towards 2p rakata, but dont go over that.

Is this you guys' answer to everything?.

if you're complaining about something silly? yes.

if you're in full BM gear you should be rocking people in full rakata gear. if they've managed to find the perfect combination of pve/pvp gear the difference is going to be negligible.

Skill level?

Pretty much, yeah. People have an endless variety of excuses: classes being OP, items being OP, "broken" classes, etc... Or if you're playing an FPS game, its lag, hackusations, OP weapons, etc... But in the end, it comes down to the person not being good enough or smart enough (tactics) to beat someone else. I get beat and I don't make excuses for it. I get better.

It pretty much depends on what class you're speaking of, so far I've seen 2 classes that get a massive 15% crit chance increase on one of their main attacks with only the 2point PvE gear bonus, think it was Operatives and Mercenaries, other classes, like Assassin need 4 for that.

Some classes get a whole lot more from mixing their PvE/PvP sets, quite an imbalance in that regard.

Edited by Nohkron