The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reduce 5k dmg medal to 4-4.5k

Grimyd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make medals a non rewarding achievement, you get them, but don't get extra valor + commendations, problem solved for:

- people farming medals instead of objectifs

- Healers feelings robbed

- OPs problem

- people famring medals instead of objectifs

Nah but serioulsy, STOP FARMING MEDALS INSTEAD OF OBJECTIFS!

"I'm just gonna quickly run of by myself, don't come and help me I want my medal!"

Random Player 1 - Hey Random Sorc, why are you running into the flames?

Random Player 2 - To get my medal of course

MIT - harvard has spoken

With the last few patches nerfing the max damage people are putting out, it's obvious you don't want people dishing out 5k damage hits. Before the scrapper nerf getting 5k hits was trivial. After the nerf I would maybe see one 5k damage medal a day if that. Now with the nerf to surge I doubt I'll ever see the medal again. And it isn't just me, (I'm rank 70 btw) I'm always checking highest damage hit after warzone matches. I might see someone with a hit over 5k once every blue moon. So why not tone the medal down to 4k? Hell I'll even take 4.5k. I think that would totally be fair. Thoughts?

How do you check who had the highest dmg hit?

you mean the stat that just got nerfed that this thread was created over? hmm, maybe i need to reread that patch notes. did the nerf not affect heals?

Surge being nerfed does not make alacrity any better lol. In the matches that I've played today with one of my healing buddies, he got his 5k healing medal every single game. I've done enough matches to already have my weekly finished and then some. I've seen ONE person hit over 5k ONCE today (Sniper). How many people do you see getting the 5k damage medal?

As a combat spec Sentinel, no ability I have can crit for 5k, even on fresh 50 no expertise players with an expertise stim on.

That was before the surge nerf. I'll NEVER get it now.

So who exactly is this worthless medal for?

Rage specced Juggs, Marksman specced Snipers and Republic equivalents. Still hard for a Sniper though, you have to hit a low armor target with no shields on while using your adrenals and relics and then happen to crit on Ambush (and you get one try per adrenal and relic cooldown).

They could change the medal to "do X damage to a single player in Y seconds". That would actually be an interesting medal and would fulfill the purpose of giving something to DPS classes as it could easily be made demanding enough that tanks and healers could not get it.

Remove the damage in one it medals entirely and replace them with something based on match performance rather than class/spec/gear check.

This. Why are we rewarding damage and kills and heals in objective games where the objectives aren't to kill, cause damage, or heal in the f*cking first place?

Funny how there are no medals for scoring goals? Or for completing 5 passes? Or for stealing the ball 5 times? Or for capturing 5 turrets? Or for planting 5 bombs?

No, by all means, continue to reward people who haven't been near the huttball once in the entire 15 minute game because they "caused a lot of damage" so warzone continues to be nothing but a death match.

Medals are a bonus. They are not the goal of WZs. Stop being fixed on them so much.

Then make them mean less, and change daily's from Win to played. See that, now people have a reason to play the map and pvp not leave at the first sight of it going sour or being useless and farm medals the whole game and ignore the objective.

5k medals should be lowered, as only a couple classes can actually achieve it.

I run a geared ( minimum of Champ, 5 pieces of BM geared powertech), and the highest crits I hit are 4300. That is with all cool downs going, even on badly geared players. No I am not bad. No I do not need to L2P. That is just the way my class is designed.

I run on a server in which most player (pube and imp) are very geared. At least half the members of each team are sporting 450+ expertise. At the end of the match, there is MAYBE one person that gets this medal, and its always the same class.

No reason why some classes are not physically capable of getting it, while for others its something they can get with-in 30 seconds of a match.

Edited by Humankeg

Make medals a non rewarding achievement, you get them, but don't get extra valor + commendations, problem solved for:

- Healers feelings robbed

- OPs problem

- people famring medals instead of objectifs

Nah but serioulsy, STOP FARMING MEDALS INSTEAD OF OBJECTIFS!

"I'm just gonna quickly run of by myself, don't come and help me I want my medal!"

Random Player 1 - Hey Random Sorc, why are you running into the flames?

Random Player 2 - To get my medal of course

Yeah, I got flamed at for killing someone near a turret in Alderaan, the person doing the flaming was trying to get his solo medal and I was like "I don't care about medals, I'm defending the objective"

Bad players focus on medals, good players focus on the objectives of the warzone.

Yeah, I got flamed at for killing someone near a turret in Alderaan, the person doing the flaming was trying to get his solo medal and I was like "I don't care about medals, I'm defending the objective"

Bad players focus on medals, good players focus on the objectives of the warzone.

To be fair, there is a difference between helping kill someone and sniping a medal. If you only added one attack to the fight and the other person wasn't in danger of dying, it was rather rude.

To the point of the thread, Yes. After the surge Nerf, Snipers/Gunslingers are the only class that's going to get the 5k damage medal without requiring a very under-geared player to do so. Sent/Mara can get close, but need the stars to align to actually get the medal (all self-buffs plus someone debuffing the target's armor). Sad thing is Sent/Mara have a skill that regularly hits for ~6k, but it's split into Main/Off-hand attacks and the game doesn't take a 4400 and a 1600 hit off the same skill at the same time to be a 5k hit.

This. Why are we rewarding damage and kills and heals in objective games where the objectives aren't to kill, cause damage, or heal in the f*cking first place?

Funny how there are no medals for scoring goals? Or for completing 5 passes? Or for stealing the ball 5 times? Or for capturing 5 turrets? Or for planting 5 bombs?

No, by all means, continue to reward people who haven't been near the huttball once in the entire 15 minute game because they "caused a lot of damage" so warzone continues to be nothing but a death match.

I know most people don't ever notice it but there actually is an "ojective points" column at the end.

Maybe if they colored the numbers there into gold/silver/bronze...