The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Reduce 5k dmg medal to 4-4.5k

Grimyd

With the last few patches nerfing the max damage people are putting out, it's obvious you don't want people dishing out 5k damage hits. Before the scrapper nerf getting 5k hits was trivial. After the nerf I would maybe see one 5k damage medal a day if that. Now with the nerf to surge I doubt I'll ever see the medal again. And it isn't just me, (I'm rank 70 btw) I'm always checking highest damage hit after warzone matches. I might see someone with a hit over 5k once every blue moon. So why not tone the medal down to 4k? Hell I'll even take 4.5k. I think that would totally be fair. Thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, let's set all goals to suit your needs. This sounds like the people who don't want to have to get the datacrons since they cannot manage to jump on a pipe. This also reminds me why the Detroit area continues to lower their acceptable test scores for passing since everyone seems to have a 6th grade education.

What would you possibly gain by one more medal in a Warzone? Is it impacting your gameplay at valor rank 70? Is it worth the time to post, or even be read?

What about the two free medals you get from the frozen water glass trick? I don't see anyone calling out to nerf those two free medals.

I agree, let's set all goals to suit your needs. This sounds like the people who don't want to have to get the datacrons since they cannot manage to jump on a pipe. This also reminds me why the Detroit area continues to lower their acceptable test scores for passing since everyone seems to have a 6th grade education.

What would you possibly gain by one more medal in a Warzone? Is it impacting your gameplay at valor rank 70? Is it worth the time to post, or even be read?

What about the two free medals you get from the frozen water glass trick? I don't see anyone calling out to nerf those two free medals.

frozen water is out of business

Read the patch notes bro, water is gone.

Whoa, relax.

Actually there were TONS of calls to nerf water, and it got fixed.

Also, he has a point. Why have a medal if it can't be obtained? It was a constructive idea...not many of those around here, don't be an *****.

The OP has a point. If they don't want people hitting for 5k, why reward it? There are several DPS builds that just can't get the 5k medal now and I don't think that is the intention. I mean, what would getting rid of or making it easier to get do? It would stop people sneaking around looking for soft targets to stack their buffs on in the hope of getting the extra medal and instead they'd spend that time playing properly.

Medals are nice in theory, but should be set up so that you don't really need to farm to get them and they just reward you for doing your role well. All DPS classes should get the Big Hit medal routinely (and ideally other classes shouldn't, tanks get tanking medals so there should be some DPS-only medals) while all of the healing classes should be able to get the Big Heal medal without having to go stand in the fire and then heal themselves without the trauma debuff.

Whoa, relax.

Actually there were TONS of calls to nerf water, and it got fixed.

Also, he has a point. Why have a medal if it can't be obtained? It was a constructive idea...not many of those around here, don't be an *****.

Water was FIXED?? Those were my only 2 metals! Bring them back.. I guess I need to start another post.

What you trolls aren't realizing is that it isn't just me. I check the scoreboard after every match. I might see a sniper/gunslinger with a 5k hit every once in a while. That about it.

i suggest you start paying attention to the 5k heal medals. now that the water is nerfed you'll see very few of them.

i suggest you start paying attention to the 5k heal medals. now that the water is nerfed you'll see very few of them.

My post has nothing to do with 5k heals. Most well geared healers I know have no problem getting their 5k heal medal. My post has nothing to do with the nerf to frozen water. My post is stating the fact that 5k damage hits were already a rarity FOR ANYONE NOT JUST ME before the nerf to surge. With all these patches nerfing high end damage, why not lower the 5k damage medal by 500 points?

My post has nothing to do with 5k heals. Most well geared healers I know have no problem getting their 5k heal medal.

sorry, you're wrong. the 5k heal medal is NOT a given even for a well geared healer. that you think the 5k dmg medal should be a given tells me it's been way too easy for far too long.

5k medal is an incentive (a bone if you will) to those few dps spike classes who can get it even post nerf.

To compensate for lack of other medals (whether its guard, 2.5k heal, or whatever).

It should stay at 5k to make it hard to achieve.

5k medal is an incentive (a bone if you will) to those few dps spike classes who can get it even post nerf.

To compensate for lack of other medals (whether its guard, 2.5k heal, or whatever).

It should stay at 5k to make it hard to achieve.

I currently play sawbones (healing spec) but played scrapper for quite a while post 1.1. I was still able to kill people, I feel others exagerate on the "never kill anyone 1 vs 1." I've gone many times 1 vs 2/3 and still won, although if they were all in full champion, i'd be lucky to burst one down before I died and it required vanishing and re-engaging once they blew their trinkets/adrenals/defensives. But as far as the 5k damage medal...I'm in FULL champion and I only stacked surge to 76% rest into crit/power. What I will say, is scoundral/operative IS supposed to be a burst dps, and I could blow my rakata adrenal and crit/surge relic and still RARELY got a 5k hit. Hell, i've seen shoot first crits as low as 1800 against a merc healer (no blue bubble) and 3.9k against a sorc. The only chance I had at getting this medal was against a sorc/operative with little to no pvp gear. So, no...even the burst dps classes can't do this. As for the healing 5k, I have no issue getting it even without using any consumables or out of combat healing. If I play a full warzone, i'm pretty much guarenteed a 5k-5.5k heal crit without even thinking about it.

sorry, you're wrong. the 5k heal medal is NOT a given even for a well geared healer. that you think the 5k dmg medal should be a given tells me it's been way too easy for far too long.

Well i get 4.3-4.5k crit heals being 31 scrapper. I know for a fact that the healers i roll with have no problem getting a 5k heal. Maybe you or the healers you roll with need to l2p.

Make medals a non rewarding achievement, you get them, but don't get extra valor + commendations, problem solved for:

- people farming medals instead of objectifs

- Healers feelings robbed

- people farming medals instead of objectifs

- OPs problem

- people famring medals instead of objectifs

Nah but serioulsy, STOP FARMING MEDALS INSTEAD OF OBJECTIFS!

"I'm just gonna quickly run of by myself, don't come and help me I want my medal!"

Random Player 1 - Hey Random Sorc, why are you running into the flames?

Random Player 2 - To get my medal of course

Well i get 4.3-4.5k crit heals being 31 scrapper. I know for a fact that the healers i roll with have no problem getting a 5k heal. Maybe you or the healers you roll with need to l2p.

so a heal not landing for 5k is a skill issue now? rofl tell me, do you wear slip on shoes or do they have velcro straps on them? i'd be very surprised if you can actually tie laces...

so a heal not landing for 5k is a skill issue now? rofl tell me, do you wear slip on shoes or do they have velcro straps on them? i'd be very surprised if you can actually tie laces...

Yes if your are a high end healer and not geared properly, it is a skill issue. Let me guess, you have accuracy in most of your enhancements.

Edited by Grimyd

I'm a lvl 42 Op healer, and I get at least 2 4.1k+ heals a match. I can only imagine I could easily get 5k with a full champ set.

I'm a lvl 42 Op healer, and I get at least 2 4.1k+ heals a match. I can only imagine I could easily get 5k with a full champ set.

keep imagining

my sorc is in full columi/champ with a few pieces of rakata (not 1 piece has accuracy btw) and i only get the 5k in a wz when i'm using an adrenal. nothing skill based about it. let's not forget, heals are reduced in wz's and the surge change effects heal crits too.

keep imagining

my sorc is in full columi/champ with a few pieces of rakata (not 1 piece has accuracy btw) and i only get the 5k in a wz when i'm using an adrenal. nothing skill based about it. let's not forget, heals are reduced in wz's and the surge change effects heal crits too.

1. Stop stacking alacrity.

2. Start stacking crit/surge.

3. ?????????

4. Profit!!!