Surge nerf > holy ****

zkitzor

Great. Can we have old operatives back now since what was too strong about them was the burst and which was "in line" after the nerf? :rolleyes:

The surge nerf affected everyone, why you think it only affects operatives is beyond me :rolleyes:

The only thing the surge nerf did was reduce the ttk which was probably too high as the developers told us they game won't have a quick ttk.

also in cast your wondering, I've leveling a scoundrel and I still do well and can't wait to get to 50.

I must be doing something right because I don't find the same problems:

http://www.jedilace.com/ss/Screenshot_2012-02-11_18_52_15_765448.jpg

http://www.jedilace.com/ss/Screenshot_2012-02-11_19_47_16_763254.jpg

http://www.jedilace.com/ss/Screenshot_2012-02-13_23_47_40_610369.jpg

I know, I know ...

List of future excuses

----------------------------

1) Get to 50 ... (i intend to don't worry)

2) I was playing lowbies ... (you'll need to take my word I wasn't)

3) You only do good in alderan (actually I used 1 ss of each wf)

4) Scoundrels have no utility (notice how I hardly die :) )

Edited by Orangerascal

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever played a healer in a WZ or Ilum? I do every day.

Now that OP's can't kill you in two hits the new tactic is that you are THE BALL in a Star Wars-Y PINBALL machine! push pull knockdown push pull...

You can pick up a skill to lessen that.

If I want to stack power, I'm forced to stack Surge

If I want to stack Crit, I'm forced to stack surge

>_<

No alternative...

so what you're saying is you didn't go out of your way to get all the surge on you gear so the change doesn't mean you have to really change anything at all and you're just whining because the devs made a balance change you don't lilke? :rolleyes:

if you wanna stack power, you get alacrity , stop lying to fit your argument

No. He had it right.

The option is Surge/Power or Surge/Crit.

Option like Power/Alacrity or Power/Accuracy are not even on the table because 1 of those stats is harmful(in some cases) and the other near worthless.

if you wanna stack power, you get alacrity , stop lying to fit your argument

What would a Pyro use with Alacrity again? Oh yeah, good point you make sir.

so what you're saying is you didn't go out of your way to get all the surge on you gear so the change doesn't mean you have to really change anything at all and you're just whining because the devs made a balance change you don't lilke?

And no, I never said the surge nerf wasn't needed. I am merely saying we lack customization, mainly Crit/Power Enhancements (As the only one actually in game people have found has shield rating on it also..)

Edited by exphryl

What's left to stack then? Accuracy seems to be a waste, and as far as I know there are no power/crit enhancements :<

Sure, a Master Artifice I can make the Advanced Reflective Enhancements 22 so far, perfect for my Consular Shadow:

18 Endurance

39 Shield

27 Power

27 Crit

lvl 49

After nerf, went from 81.84% surge to 72%.

That is one HELL of a nerf and considerably worse than I had thought.

Great patch, awsome patch.

BW has officially made heal Ops totally worthless.

Thanks BW, can I have another nerf please?

Edited by fixit

The combo with Alacrity really is a waste of points, because Alacrity in this game is useless.

Except maybe (maybe) for healers, but even there, a good healer needs to give priority to strong heals (and obviously a nice energy/force pool when needed) to be realiable and to keep up his group/tank, strong heals also means less heals casted and therefore, lower "mana" usage.

5-10% faster (but smaller) heals will save your life now and then and are sure helpful in PvP, but still, higher base heals + higher healing crit ratio/magnitude are much more useful.

As a Bounty Hunter (both Arsenal Mercenary and Powertech), Alacrity is absolutely useless to me.

Some people claim it isn't, but it really is.

Since you're new to PvP and all I will tell you a secret:

All classes do that, now you need to use them to do that as well, its not a default strength of the class, stop barking, L2P, gear up(please, provide uf a SS of your gear and spec, remember to hide the name) and start biting.

since yu are old to pvp let me tell you a class that is 10 minutes useless and cant do anything and that is 20 seconds good isnt balanced... l2think

since yu are old to pvp let me tell you a class that is 10 minutes useless and cant do anything and that is 20 seconds good isnt balanced... l2think

Learn to attack a single target at a time, drop it, move out, restealth and pick another one.

Yes, I do have a scoundrel as well.

Yes, that requires a skill.

No, you can't have it, it would only go to waste with you.

Because operative's overall damage is trivial, they need the crit and crit's damage to do any damage.

Im guessing math isn't your strong area. Don't worry it's mine, read my blogs.

I'm also leveling a scoundrel as posted by my earlier SS'.

It's going to be alright. Have a hug

The surge nerf affected everyone, why you think it only affects operatives is beyond me :rolleyes:

Because some classes are affected more by it than others? Especially those relying very much on crits and burst damage like erhm... operatives?

Edited by rainbow

Nerfed operatives asks for more utility in return after the previous nerf.

Mythic responds with even more nerfs.

Awesome.

This game is just so full of fail all around. My sub ends the 20th, I was hoping for some sense out of the devs before that, but it just looks like they keep effing things up.

Because some classes are affected more by it than others? Especially those relying very much on crits like erhm... operatives?

you think the other dps classes don't stack surge? Stop having the wow mindset. I know this may be a shocker but you're not a wow rogue.

Every dps class has about the same crit, and they are all stacking surge.

Here educate yourself:

http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/03/calculating-critical-hit-chance/

Edited by Orangerascal

Because some classes are affected more by it than others? Especially those relying very much on crits like erhm... operatives?

Op here... this nerf hit me by 12% (89 to 77). Surge was the only thing worth stacking and it still is. You can stack power/surge or crit/surge.

Anyways, this hurts operatives doubly so because of the last nerf. We're teetering damned close to having to use all energy regen cooldowns just to fight a geared person who puts up any sort of resistance, since it now requires extra swings to do the same damage. Guess we can treat PvP like PvE and keep our energy above 60% so we don't bottleneck our dps eh?

Every dps class has about the same crit, and they are all stacking surge.

You meant every other dps class has some form of gap closer or range to dish out their damage? :rolleyes:

Besides who else can say they have above 50% critical chance on their two major attacks?