Rage PvP/Leveling

kilthias

I plan on leveling mostly through pvp, but with quests as well so I have been trying to build a good rage spec for it (According to the people I've spoken to, rage seems to be the best pvp spec). If you can, would you look at my spec, and tell me what you would tweak? Or post one of your own all together? Thanks in advance!

Rage PvP Spec - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZRrMddbRdGR.1

Dump the skill in the carnage tree. Heres why:

The 36% of off hand damage is lame for rage...your getting your big numbers off force scream/smash/ force choke...not worth the 3 talents. As for the Defensive forms only if you plan on using predation a lot, which isnt currently specced on your rage tree...enraged slash also depends on how much you plan on using vicious slash in the anni tree..chances are that skill wont be used terribly often as the conditions needed are semi-rare compared to force scream...which will do more damage than vicious throw when specced for it and it crits and is semi ranged like vicious throw...toss up there on what you plan to use more. Its really a choice on what you plan to use...personally i wouldnt use enraged slash or have slash specced in rage tree..it eats rage i could be using for other skills.

Get the predation skill and use predation a lot (its in the rage tree). That buff keeps you mobil (as well as your team) and gives a def buff...the more you use it the more dangerous you are.

You need malice (bottom row of rage tree) maxed out.

The goal of rage tree pvp is to get rage to use force crush to build stacks of shockwave to wreck people with aoe smash. As such the vicious slash isnt worth the points nice you want to be spending rage on force crush/smash/force scream/ obilterate.

Another toss is is unbreakable ravage...i cant imagine the pvp scenario that would call for that skill to be used...its so obvious that its being used to other players and just screams "cc me" which will interrupt it (only stops interrupt skills not knockbacks)

Personally, if you want to ditch the suggested talants in the rage tree skilling both cloak of anni and cloak of carnage is a good place to put those extra points. having rage build on damage and doing it on reduced CD is very handy.

Keep building rage for crush/use obliterate often and predation often and youll be zipping around the battle field dropping huge critting aoe and then cleaning up near dead people with force scream...nothing is more satisfying than a speed bonus'ed marauder doing a drive by last shot force scream...glowing orange from predation..

Just be sure you have your exit strategy which whould include force camo undying rage and the defensive shield.

Edited by Crunchyblack

Either way, I'm just looking for a good pvp and leveling spec that leans more towards pvp. Can anyone help me out here?

Not sure who told you that Rage was the best PvP spec, but you should really think about looking at Anni. Annihilation is the strongest level spec and the majority of Mara's think it's the top PvP spec as well. Rage struggles until around 40, but Annihilation is very effective starting at level 20 and is far stronger when doing PvE or PvP at lower levels especially.

The debate on Rage vs Annihilation vs Carnage is on nearly every thread in these forums but you should really consider something like THIS for your needs, and maybe try Rage at 40 to compare.

Annihilation is the strongest single target spec, and it has the most survivability/really good self healing so it's really good for single Q's. Rage is a one-trick-pony spec that has a really strong AoE burst every 25 seconds or so.

Edited by Ultratron