[ATTENTION] Stop Asking For DPS

Iscaria

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not logical. All classes deal DPS. By your logic of calling a job that does damage DPS and by the fact that all classes deal DPS then every job in the game is a DPS. So if you shouted for a DPS and I sent you a message asking if my Healing class could join, you would have to say yes. But you wouldn't because you want a DD, not a healer. Jeez I hate this new generation of gamers, you guys are so clueless. Next somebody is going to start calling me a troll.

Just lol.

Which MMO's are those? Final Fantasy XI? because I have played about 15 different MMO's and FFXI is the only one I know that uses DD instead of DPS.

yeah, that's also the only one I ever played that did DD, played it for over 6 years, I probably saw dps twice.

damage taking specialized and health healing specialized

since everyone can tank and everyone can heal in some way

True, sorry. I need a DDS and a HHS to join my DOTDS and DTS! PSW for FP goodness. Must join us on the IF at GTM sector and be WANADTCD (Wearing absolutely nothing and dancing the club dance).

you know that feeling when you see someone drive by in a Prius and you laugh at them? That's what I do everytime I see you ask for a DPS.
You must look like the Joker by now; People have been saying 'DPS' to refer to damage dealing classes for years. Last time i heard 'DD' was in FFXI back in '02 - '04. Edited by Gerrard_Ennui

Whatever, you kids can call it whatever you want I'm not your dad. But you know that feeling when you see someone drive by in a Prius and you laugh at them? That's what I do everytime I see you ask for a DPS.

I'm 24, how old are you... grandpa?

True, sorry. I need a DDS and a HHS to join my DOTDS and DTS! PSW for FP goodness. Must join us on the IF at GTM sector and be WANADTCD (Wearing absolutely nothing and dancing the club dance).

I'm sorry, but I have to point out the flaw in your statement above. The final line should be "Must join us on the IF at GTM sector and be WASBADTCD (Wearing a slave bikini and doing the club dance)."

Taking the bikini off actually puts more clothing on.

I'm sorry, but I have to point out the flaw in your statement above. The final line should be "Must join us on the IF at GTM sector and be WASBADTCD (Wearing a slave bikini and doing the club dance)."

Taking the bikini off actually puts more clothing on.

Sorry, I only get naked on my male toons, I dont know about the female ones. I will defer to you on this.

It's not logical. All classes deal DPS. By your logic of calling a job that does damage DPS and by the fact that all classes deal DPS then every job in the game is a DPS. So if you shouted for a DPS and I sent you a message asking if my Healing class could join, you would have to say yes. But you wouldn't because you want a DD, not a healer. Jeez I hate this new generation of gamers, you guys are so clueless. Next somebody is going to start calling me a troll.

My heal spec sage can deal damage so that makes him a damage dealer right? So if you asked for a damage dealer I'd be perfectly within reason to join your group. Se how your argument fails?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DPS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_per_second

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd

Wikipedia does not offer Direct Damager as an acronym. Sorry buddy, make a wiki page for it and maybe you will get more support. Likely the folks that edit wikipedia will just delete your page as it is pointless.

I don't have to make my own. I just have to go to a gaming wiki, not the standard wiki.

http://thelaconwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Damage+Dealers+a.k.a.+DD

You think you're being funny, but your acronyms are only amusing to childish jawas like yourself.