[ATTENTION] Stop Asking For DPS

Iscaria

This is honestly the biggest pet peeve I have with people in the SWTOR community. In every MMO I've ever played dps stands for Damage Per Second. It is the measured amount of damage you do per second. It's not a type of class. If you want someone who's class focuses on damage they are called Damage Dealers or DD for short. So please use the correct terminology and start saying DD instead of DPS. Asking for DPS is like saying your car is a MPH.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A damage dealers damage equals more damage per second. Thus I am looking for a group of damage dealers to do damage per second to enemy mobs while I tank or heal for them.

So, to answer your question/statement/whatever you want to call it, no.

I don't care what the devs call it. It's not logical. You ask for a Tank. You ask for a Healer. You don't ask for a damage per second. DD has been the correct terminology in every MMO I've ever played. Just cause the devs of this one game decided to call it dps doesn't make it right. The correct term for a damage dealing class has and always will be DD.

I don't care what the devs call it. It's not logical. You ask for a Tank. You ask for a Healer. You don't ask for a damage per second. DD has been the correct terminology in every MMO I've ever played. Just cause the devs of this one game decided to call it dps doesn't make it right. The correct term for a damage dealing class has and always will be DD.

Says who - you?

In every MMO that I've played, DPS has been the correct term.

Tanks are military vehicles! They should be called their proper name, Holding Enemy Monster's Attention and Taking Damage Guy.

Invalid comparison. Tank or Meat-Shield are the two most widely accepted and established terms. There is no room for argument.

ATTENTION : You will no longer refer to Flahspoints as Flashpoints.

I don't care if the devs call them flashpoints. They are instanced zones. So call them instanced zones.

If you wanted a flashpoint you would require a a frying pan, and some baking soda and a lighter. You are not entering a fryingpan/baking soda/lighter with your group.

p.s. ignore the big giant stick that is extending from my butthole.

You must not play a lot then. I'm guessing you jumped straight from WoW to this.

Nope, try again. Can you even give a particular example to reinforce your point? Or is the only thing you can do here is give passive-aggressive remarks?

Edited by pursang

This is honestly the biggest pet peeve I have with people in the SWTOR community. In every MMO I've ever played dps stands for Damage Per Second. It is the measured amount of damage you do per second. It's not a type of class. If you want someone who's class focuses on damage they are called Damage Dealers or DD for short. So please use the correct terminology and start saying DD instead of DPS. Asking for DPS is like saying your car is a MPH.

You are in the minority. The tiny tiny minority that may only consist of you. I've been playing MMO's since 1999 and I've never heard anyone refer to a damage dealing class as DD. It's always been DPS. It's always going to be DPS. If you want to use DD be prepared to have to explain it to literally everyone.

It's not logical. All classes deal DPS. By your logic of calling a job that does damage DPS and by the fact that all classes deal DPS then every job in the game is a DPS. So if you shouted for a DPS and I sent you a message asking if my Healing class could join, you would have to say yes. But you wouldn't because you want a DD, not a healer. Jeez I hate this new generation of gamers, you guys are so clueless. Next somebody is going to start calling me a troll.

It's not logical. All classes deal DPS. By your logic of calling a job that does damage DPS and by the fact that all classes deal DPS then every job in the game is a DPS. So if you shouted for a DPS and I sent you a message asking if my Healing class could join, you would have to say yes. But you wouldn't because you want a DD, not a healer. Jeez I hate this new generation of gamers, you guys are so clueless. Next somebody is going to start calling me a troll.

Aaand you just proved that you are a troll. GG.