Risha or Akaavi Romance?

Infinite_Burnout

Akaavi Spar. Her romance just seems deeper and her voice acting is superb. Romancing you really does her good. What gets me is this letter:

Vigilance

I do not often allow myself to relax or feel at peace--what we call "udesiir." Lately, that has changed. There is a time every night after you fall asleep when the anger that has kept me alive fades, and I experience a moment of calm.

Do not be alarmed. I have already taken steps to correct this weakness. When we lower our guards, foes grow bold. Our enemies will never find me unprepared.

--Akaavi

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today I just hit the "choose one" scene, as you all have mentioned, and I have no clue what to do. It's such a tough decision. Basically, Risha and I just had "private discussion" that didn't involve much discussion, and then Akaavi bursts in and says she should kill us both for this insult. I already had high affection with each of them, but now I'm not sure what choices to make.

There's no possibility of either companion leaving you as a companion, right? For instance, if I choose Risha, Akaavi won't leave? Because Akaavi is my best companion as far as combat goes, but I think I like Risha better for a romance. I'm just not sure how to decide.

I guess I had hoped I could manage to outwit NPCs and have both, but it turns out Bioware has better writers than that. Argh, conflict that I can't resolve.

QFT.

When I heard, "You'd have to kill me," I shouted "YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! DO IT!!!" and the screen faded to black.

I was so disappointed when we came back to screen and she was still alive.

I can't tell you on this message board what I said when she offered to join the crew and my response options (three variations on "OOOH I'D LOVE THAT") came up.

She's now stuck in my engine room in her skivvies, and there she'll stay forever.

Now, if I find out who (and I'd bet cash money it's that yokel Corso) keeps giving her clothes for Intercom scenes, they'll be spaced.

Lmao. I didn't much like how you started, because I can't exactly hate any NPC, but lmao at the last two lines.

I leveled them both up at the same pace and and it was comic gold! I had enough affection built up that I actually gained an entire leveling just through conversations with them. I alternated talking to them. I would talk to Risha for a few cut scenes, then go talk to Akaavi for a few. During those scenes they kept coming in and "busting" me during a conversation with the other, demanding that I -choose- one or the other etc.

I ended up marrying both of them. Somehow, though they both live on the same ship, they haven't figured out the truth yet...

Alas though, Beryl Thorne was my true love in the game. I followed the path of being a good-hearted smuggler, actually got all light side points and never a dark side point, was basically the charming yet chivalrous gentleman of a smuggler, who took pride in being a privateer later in the game. yet neither of the companions you can romance are particularly of that persuasion... On the one hand, a woman whose love for money and luxury surpasses her care for others, on the other a merciless bounty hunter.

I'm still struggling which to choose, and when

Akaavi burst into the room after a little time with Risha and threatened to kill us both, I'm not sure how to make it through that conversation without hurting affection from them both. Risha and I had just discussed her potential marriage with the count, and I, uh, "persuaded" her that she might want to stick with me. On the other hand, I had already advanced affection with Akaavi nearly to Risha's level too. So it's a pretty intense conflict.

So yeah, it's a tough choice. As you advanced in affection with Akaavi, she seems to soften a bit, and it's actually an interesting romance backstory as you get to see past her tough exterior, to where she actually has a sensitive side. And she's straight-up with you about everything.

And then there's Risha, who played hard to get, and hat relationship seems almost playful in a way, which is fun too.

In other news, I am putting way too much thought into this.

I still would love to get hard/official confirmation from someone (anyone) on which specific conversation with either or both it is that you are forever locked in and can no longer spiral each companion's dialog up without irreparable harm. I basically want to get both Risha and Akaavi to the very final conversation with each where the road truly forks for all 3 of us.

Well in my confrontation scene, I didn't choose either of them. I chose the neutral option both times, which made me sound like a total douchebag, but I only lost 79 affection with Akaavi while I lost around 450 with Risha. Risha no longer responds to courting gifts, but to others she does, and Akaavi responds to all gifts. I've built each of their affection up higher and each wants to convo on the ship again, so apparently the "you must choose" scene doesn't necessarily mean you have to choose. Though I'm interested to see what happens next.

My Chapter 2 is winding down, and I can't decide. I really didn't like Akaavi's presentation from wiki pages, but now that I have met her she is interesting. Her voice is a lot nicer than Risha's (I think I'm the only person ever not to like Tara Strong) and the voice actress is different http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001307/

But I don't know. She is, in fact, a mandalorian through and through; a little bit psycho.

But Risha... I don't know if I can trust her. She always seems to have a few too many contacts. And her storyline so far has been so very, very flat...

Akaavi is strange, but her "Hello" introduction has hooked me in. And her straightforwardness is a nice change from the coy avoidance of Risha. But the hard-to-get is fun, and she is much more approving of a Smuggler's lifestyle.

GAH. Decisions, decisions...

Damnit, I should've rolled a guy. At least you get a choice between people, instead of being stuck with only one -- who, by the way, I cannot stand. Corso seriously cramps my character's style.

LI companions for female toons suck royally. They are without exception terrible.

Catboy, Cowtipper, Holoaddict, ? on the Republic side;

Bugboy, Betrayer, BieberFett, and Skeevy Pirate Guy on the Empire side.

No choices, and precious few one-nighters for the females, while the male characters get a huuuuuuge stream of options and Bond Girls.

It's almost enough to make me roll a male toon.

Almost.

Edited by Eutoxis

So I married Akaavi, and I have to say, I feel like it was a good choice. The final parts of that story are just so darn romantic, though in an odd sort of way, and her intensity- well, I can only assume it translates to passion pretty well. Also, once you complete her story quests, she sends you little notes in the mail, and they're pretty amazing. Like the fact that she cripples a man in a spaceport for badmouthing you. Would Risha do that? I don't think so.

(On a sidenote, I'm still getting missions with Risha too, and it's looking like I might actually be able to marry both... interesting, though Risha no longer accepts courting gifts after the confrontation scene)

I romanced both of them (though I did get customizations for both) and it worked out pretty well for the most part... I dunno, Risha seems like the obvious choice, but Akaavi reminds me of Zero from ME2 and I always like a "bad" girl... anyway

Then, somewhere around level 45-49 I got the "You have to make a choice" scene... Probably one of the best companion interactions I had in the game. It basically was about to turn into a cat fight (I think Akaavi said something about ripping Risha's arms off or something similar)... the best part was that they both agreed that it was one thing that I was bedding a different girl (sometimes more than one) in every port, but they wouldn't have it happening right under their noses.

There was an option for "Why can't I have you both?", but I chicken out thinking it would probably cost me affection with both of them an maybe close off both romance options.

So, I picked Akaavi.

I'm interested to hear from those of you that picked Risha if any of her latter conversation options lead to quests where you actually left the ship. Akaavi's felt like they weren't done because the conversation sounded like it was there to give you a quest to do together, but then she would just reappear as if time had past and the quest had been finished... My guess is it isn't finished.

i never got the quest from risha . maybe i did. i just wish i can reply story again :) or rewatch the choices i made

(I think I'm the only person ever not to like Tara Strong)

Believe me when I say that you are not alone.

She voices two characters (Risha and Holliday), and I can't stand either of them. Like, homicidal-level can't stand.

Best thing about Akaavi? Every time my smuggler says "It's so hard to be humble, knowing how great I am....", +40 affection. Love it.

And kidding aside, my main smuggler loves Akaavi. She's got the tough exterior but on the inside....well, she's still a ******, but she does have the capacity to love someone. And so does Risha, but I think Akaavi takes it a bit more seriously, when all's said and done(this is NOT to say that Risha doesn't love as deeply, just in different ways). And for the more flirty smugglers, Risha is probably your gal. But for the select few who don't start cracking jokes at EVERY opprotunity, Akaavi provides a welcome relief.

And my main smuggler, he just doesn't like being flirty. For the most part, he stays away from flirt lines. And he HATES it when girls start acting like ****es in heat around him(I mean, that girl on the Hutt's barge on Nar Shaddaa *shudder*). And to be honest, he felt like he was nothing more than an object to that Alderaanian noblewoman, which he found just plain insulting. So when Akaavi just point-blank asks him if he's interested in her as a woman, he's "YES! FORCE, I LOVE THIS WOMAN!"

Edited by CastonFolarus

Like so many others here I rolled my Smuggler fully intending to pick the shallow option which is Risha. And although my Smuggler is a smug, arrogant womaniser my outlook has changed completely.

Risha has the looks yes but thats it. She reminds me of the girls of My Super Sweet Sixteen. Totally and utterly self absorbed, shallow and materialistic. Sure she has the banter with my Smuggler but thats it.

Akaavi on the other hand is the total opposite. As i've got to know her and pryed away that hard Mandalorian exterior i've found a deep, honest, respectful and mature woman. She actually has a nice face imo opinion aswell. Also she has one of the best voices in the game. The actress does a wonderful job of catching those emotions of her character. You can really see the contrast in her voice depending on the her mood.

Ok i'll stop writing now as it looks like i have an infatuation for a computer game character :p when really i just find Akaavi to be up there with the best npc's in the whole game.