What race do you want to see added as a playable choice?

Iron_Ogre

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of those are gonna happen. The devs have stated that with voiced content they don't want non-standard speaking races as players. Imagine how old Ortolan or Jawa speech would get over 50 levels of quest dialog. And the droids would either be the same thing, or a protocol droid... and how heroic would that be?

I've thought about that. Does any race really think that's it's language sounds like inarticulate growling? I don't think so.

So, why not have your alien character's speech sound like normal english to you and subtitled growling to others? Heck, you could give the character a British or Southern accent as a joke.

Just a thought. :)

Selkath. Anomid. Sluissi. Khil.

None of those are gonna happen. The devs have stated that with voiced content they don't want non-standard speaking races as players. Imagine how old Ortolan or Jawa speech would get over 50 levels of quest dialog. And the droids would either be the same thing, or a protocol droid... and how heroic would that be?

First of all, it's Basic, not Standard.

Second of all, not one single person who's used that argument knows what they are talking about. Every time I read on the forums "this race can't speak Basic," I can think of at least one EU example of them doing so. And for those people who aren't EU fanatics, just use your brains. Could YOU say all the things a Jawa says? Yes. Therefore, a Jawa could say all the things you say. Ergo, a Jawa has the capability to speak Basic. Sheesh.

And even for the ones who really can't, that's not a problem. The Anomid, who are in this game, use voice synthesizers to speak basic. You're telling me it's beyond imagination that other races could use a similar technology? It's no more unbelievable than all of my characters being fluent in a dozen alien languages, including ancient and forgotten Rakatan.

So basically, your point is completely and totally invalid on every level.

Edited by jimmybob

I really don't want to see Wookies or Yoda's species -- the voice over will not fit at all and it would be ridiculous, IMO. For Wookies they could do Wookie garble with subtitles, but I think it would get annoying to have to constantly hear that garbling while questing.

There are some "humanoid" species that I'd like to see:

Cerean

Chagrian

Duros (maybe)

Devaronian

Nautolan

Togruta

Also Droid

Selkath. Anomid. Sluissi. Khil.

First of all, it's Basic, not Standard.

Second of all, not one single person who's used that argument knows what they are talking about. Every time I read on the forums "this race can't speak Basic," I can think of at least one EU example of them doing so. And for those people who aren't EU fanatics, just use your brains. Could YOU say all the things a Jawa says? Yes. Therefore, a Jawa could say all the things you say. Ergo, a Jawa has the capability to speak Basic. Sheesh.

And even for the ones who really can't, that's not a problem. The Anomid, who are in this game, use voice synthesizers to speak basic. You're telling me it's beyond imagination that other races could use a similar technology? It's no more unbelievable than all of my characters being fluent in a dozen alien languages, including ancient and forgotten Rakatan.

So basically, your point is completely and totally invalid on every level.

Right, except that the devs said it wasn't going to happen despite all your rationalizing. It's not only the ability to speak basic, but they don't want any race in the game that people can't easily relate to (i.e. anything not very close to human looking, or anything with substantial clipping issues). And they don't give us any credit at all as to what we can relate to.

The second they implement wookie or talz I stop leveling alts, raiding, and war-zoning to scour the galaxy for people playing these new races and camp them mercilessly. I don't know why I hate them so much, I just do, and the fact that others don't hate them only enrages me further, fueling the hatred to insane new heights.

Gand, Nautolans, Trandoshan, and Wookies.. Any of those would make me a happy camper. The races were my biggest disappointment with this game, the ones we have made me feel like Bioware was just plain lazy. I was almost positive that Wookies would have been a playable race seeing that they're a pretty mainstream race from the movies.