The End of the Game

Grimprospect

Ilum has to be the worst world pvp area I have ever seen in the history of MMOs. From the guys who made Warhammer Online and Dark Age of Camelot, I was thinking we would atleast have some kind of amazing world PvP zone.

Bioware had nothing to do with Dark Age of Camelot. That all Mythic, when they were still just Mythic Entertainment and not EA/Mythic, BioWare/Mythic, or whatever flavor they decide to call it this month. BioWare had about as much to do with DAoC's epic RvR system as Atari had to do with WoW.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you cant play you skip it why ruin a whole game for millions of players for some emotional casuals.The game its owesome and it has to stay like this.Gear its easy to get even for 1 2 hours of gameplay per day.You cant play because time is short well dont ruin the game for others thats selfish.If you want to compare this to World Of Warcraft compare it to WOW pre Molten Core.Only some one that envy`s this game would compare a fresh launch MMO to a polished one. Edited by SpaceHooL

From what i know atleast 'realId' thing was already back in CoX so yeah... thats not a wow thing...

--> Doesn't mean i don't like it though, however some people might want 'private' time now & again, and then flashing up in peoples list (especially since you do not have to accept someone adding you as a friend) can be quite annoying.

There is a lfg tool, people just dont use it.

Its so hard to open your social window and type in LFG: FP name

And ofcourse for others to actually look in there to see if anyone wants to do what they want to do. Simply mind blowing.

Also, another way to get a group:

- Join a guild

- Make friends

Many guilds do weekly sheduled runs of endgame content, many people in a guild do group based content be it warzones(pvp), ilum (pvp/pve), belsavis(pve), flashpoints (nm/hm), ops (nm/hm/nim)

And yes cross server lfg in general destroys the feel of community as you do not have to put any effort into making people want you in their group or getting to know people to group with.

The LFG tool in SWtor is garbage that is why nobody uses it. Also I own a guild with 80 different players in it. More than 50% of us have quit the game now.

You "own" a guild? Gosh...I wonder why those 50% have 'left'. Some attitude the leader has.

So you will continue to post and rant on a forum of a game yoy no longer play?

Thank god you unsubed then. At least now I wont have to deal with you in game.

I post this last thing because I enjoy BioWare games and I would have liked to see them succeed; it only benefits me.

Yet you say the game would be better off without me, but most players quit video games because of people like you. =/

The LFG made it so that people with jobs could fit instances into their lives.

Unless you were DPS...

DPS in WoW stills take forever and a day. Thats why there is Healer and Tank gifts through LFD tool.

Ops in this game does need to be fixed.

We have cleared everything that is why they quit the game nobody said anything about them leaving the guild nice try.

Screenshot of Nightmare Soa please. If you did play WoW back in vanilla, you would know that ToR is orders of magnitude superior than WoW was.

Ilum has to be the worst world pvp area I have ever seen in the history of MMOs. From the guys who made Warhammer Online and Dark Age of Camelot, I was thinking we would atleast have some kind of amazing world PvP zone.

Excuse me ? I didn't know Mythic was involved in this game ? Oh... you mean EA... well, they bought Dark Age of Camelot and Mythic while they (Mythic) was already working on Warhammer...

This game was made by Bioware, not Mythic

Just tought that needed a rectification....

Edited by Erulinda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimprospect

We have cleared everything that is why they quit the game nobody said anything about them leaving the guild nice try.

Where have I heard statments like this before....

O yea on WoW.

You didn't hear it in the first month WOW was released--or even the first six months. Molten Core and BWL took months, not hours to clear.

Edited by Zhit

You didn't hear it in the first month WOW was released--or even the first six months. Molten Core and BWL took months, not hours to clear.

So let me get this right...

Comparing SWTOR to Launch WoW = Good when talking about Ops vs Raids

Comparing SWTOR to Launch WoW = Bad when talking about tools like the LFG and such since its not 2005 any more.

I just cant keep up with this shifting logic.

Add-ons are one of the main things that makes World of Warcraft so much fun. To redesign your User Interface after 6 years into a game is a lot of fun and invigoration game play. They can pick and choose what add-ons to approve if they are worried about making the game to easy such as Deadly Boss Mods or Bigwigs.

This x100000

Your point with Flash Point cross server and a rating option is by far the worse idea Ive heard.

LFG destroyed WoW's Community and I do not want to see that happen here. Lets all learn from that mistake.

LOL No it didn't. WoW's community was bad before it. Old Republic's community now isn't any better.