Sage/Scorc shield NEED to get nerfed!

reaperkeepet

if you are melee and cant close distances on a sorc because force lightning is stopping you than you are playing the class wrong. Melee have ways of closing distance and some preemptive strikes to sneak up on them

and if you are ranged and lightning is preventing you from hitting the sorc than i dunno what to tell you. maybe you have to tab and target them first.

the only time ive seen sorc sages OP is when guard is on them and they have a HoT on them

1v1 you should almost always take out a sage sorc. especially in a Warzone as they wont always have all the ideal conditions and all abilities ready.

and yes operatives heal spec is way too underpowered and you shouldnt be asking to break another class so that they can feel better about themselves. You should just ask for buffs for that class cause they definitely fall into mediocre at everything

Edited by DamsonRhee

Rhetorical Query: Why do so many players think that they should be able to play their class so poorly and still be able to succeed in PvP?

Skill is evenly applied to all classes respectfully, and it increases over time spent playing. Bad sages can be owned in the manner you have described, but good sages will counter the typical "counters" all the same.

The more baddies learn how to counter sages, the more average sages get better at knowing other people's classes as well. Remember, no matter what you may think right now, the games still real new and skill ceilings haven't exactly been met yet. Everybody is learning.

However, telling people to simply get better, isn't really relevant in balance discussions, because everybody should be doing that across the board on the meta level equally.

This thread hurts my brain, but here I go.

Sorc shield is gone in one shot. Cannot re-shield for 30 seconds after they put it on. You will destroy a sorc is you get near them. They have 1 stun. You can break it. They can run away, you can leap to them. Dead sorc is dead.

And what is this about sorces kiting? Most of their abilities make them stand still.

I feel like the real OP complaint comes from people thinking A sorc is killing them in a WZ when it's really another one nailing them when they are focused on another one.

However, telling people to simply get better, isn't really relevant in balance discussions, because everybody should be doing that across the board on the meta level equally.

Which is why they must be reminded to when they forget and come to complain.

Besides if Sages/Sorcs get better by learning the other player's counter to them... doesn't the other player get better by having their counter... countered? Chew on that logic.

This thread hurts my brain, but here I go.

Sorc shield is gone in one shot. Cannot re-shield for 30 seconds after they put it on. You will destroy a sorc is you get near them. They have 1 stun. You can break it. They can run away, you can leap to them. Dead sorc is dead.

And what is this about sorces kiting? Most of their abilities make them stand still.

I feel like the real OP complaint comes from people thinking A sorc is killing them in a WZ when it's really another one nailing them when they are focused on another one.

yes i agree that the big reason why everyone calls for sorc/sage nerf is

1) theyve never really played a geared 50 against other geared classes

2) they are fighting a sorc/sage and that person is getting healed or guarded etc etc and they cant see past their own rage to really think about what is going on

3) That stupid scoreboard at the end of the match always shows raw data of damage and heal which seriously doesnt tell you all the details. Sage/sorcs have aoe that hit multiple targets and dots which explains their Total Damage numbers easily being high. especially if they are doing it right and hiding LoSing (cause most noobs just dive in and attack one thing until target is dead or they are) The shield counts as healing and that bolsters heal totals and kills well thats a useless stats cause you rack up those by just helping be it dot or shield.

but in the end that enraged noob that has been crying about he cant kill so and so sorc and continues to keep going at him 1v2or3.... well he takes a look at the scoreboard and goes WOW THATS OP man.

just remember they can put out a lot of total damage but a lot of it is spread out and if you are engaged 1v1 with them it takes awhile for them to get everything on you

Which is why they must be reminded to when they forget and come to complain.

Besides if Sages/Sorcs get better by learning the other player's counter to them... doesn't the other player get better by having their counter... countered? Chew on that logic.

Of course, that's my point exactly. Telling people they are doing things wrong and they have to learn more isn't important in balance discussions. That's for individual concerns. And any time someone like the op starts a thread in this way without reporting anything useful to discuss but their own biased personal experiences, the answer is always always always going to be the same... L2P!

That being said, I do think theirs compelling arguments to some balance problems with sorc/sage, but bringing up how many their are, how annoying their dash is, and how hitting bubbles is never fun doesn't make a good enough case... Someone needs to start recording data, what's average kill to death ratios of a sizable set, average healing, average damage, medals all kinds of things compared to other classes.

None of those things alone might be indicative of problems, but on the whole, I wish I had access to biowares telemetry cause I'd bet we would see cool things!

Of course, that's my point exactly. Telling people they are doing things wrong and they have to learn more isn't important in balance discussions. That's for individual concerns. And any time someone like the op starts a thread in this way without reporting anything useful to discuss but their own biased personal experiences, the answer is always always always going to be the same... L2P!

That being said, I do think theirs compelling arguments to some balance problems with sorc/sage, but bringing up how many their are, how annoying their dash is, and how hitting bubbles is never fun doesn't make a good enough case... Someone needs to start recording data, what's average kill to death ratios of a sizable set, average healing, average damage, medals all kinds of things compared to other classes.

None of those things alone might be indicative of problems, but on the whole, I wish I had access to biowares telemetry cause I'd bet we would see cool things!

But think of the tears! They're so magically delicous! NOM NOM NOM.

Ok so the solution if I get you right would be to have people's dmg show up in the fly-by text rather than *absorbed*... sure works for me. That way I can plan on my shield breaks too. ;)

... Someone needs to start recording data, what's average kill to death ratios of a sizable set, average healing, average damage, medals all kinds of things compared to other classes.

im assuming you really mean lets look at real data and not that crap like medals. kills etc

what you probably want to know is how much damage can a sorc or sage inflict on a single target in a given time (dps on a single target. DPS doesnt mean anything if there is multiple targets because sage/sorc excel at spreading damage) lets face it people are calling for nerfs because they see a sorc when they die and than pair the end game scoreboard to justify their call for nerf.

the reason why lots of people play sorc and sages is because

1) Force users ( come on this is SW lots of people wanted to be jedis and siths)

2) they see the totals at the end of WZ and say man i wish i could do that 'because people will oogle at me'

3) lightning looks funs