Illum = Useless Stealth!?

Voar

When I am in WZ's I occassionaly get uncovered from stealth when I am too close to an enemy. Especially against a tank with talented stealth detection levels. This is understandable and also avoidable if you are smart.

When I am on Illum I might as well not even have stealth. It seems I am uncovered @ 30-60m from any class.

Is this what others are experiencing as well? Is this by design?

I have to use blackout if I want to stealth past anything closer than 40 ish meters. This is as a kinetic pve build. So I don't have the improved stealth from infiltration. I don't pvp so can't comment from that side. But yeah everything sees me mob wise on ilum. Edited by Aiocois

Could be a shadow thing. On my PT with all the anti stealth talents (Parakeet Build) i still get jumped by countless smugglers and a shadow now an then, but more so smugglers then anything. Heck i have even been jumped once or twice while standing in my stealth scan.

The misdirection in the Infiltrator tree is suppose to INCREASE your stealth level by 1 per rank. Say you max it out at 3. You will stealth at Level 53 (if you're level 50). In theory anything UNDER 50 shouldn't be able to spot you, but yet they do. Also I really don't think the movement speed is working right, or maybe it's just not that much of an upgrade I don't notice it at all.

The misdirection in the Infiltrator tree is suppose to INCREASE your stealth level by 1 per rank. Say you max it out at 3. You will stealth at Level 53 (if you're level 50). In theory anything UNDER 50 shouldn't be able to spot you, but yet they do. Also I really don't think the movement speed is working right, or maybe it's just not that much of an upgrade I don't notice it at all.

the speed movement increase works differently than you'd expect. You are moving at 85% speed with standard stealth, if you put 3 ranks into it, you get 15% more. You think 85% +15% = 100%, So technically you should be moving as fast as people running.

You're wrong there. You are actually moving at 85% x 1.15 speed, which means you are actually moving at 97.75% speed, You will notice this if you are moving side by side with someone not in stealth. Also 3 levels of extra matters very little if you are within 5m of your target and they're on their speeder. They can always close in on you faster than you can move away from them. THat is why Black Out is very useful in Ilum. It adds a lot of stealth to allow you to get away.

You're wrong there. You are actually moving at 85% x 1.15 speed, which means you are actually moving at 97.75% speed, You will notice this if you are moving side by side with someone not in stealth. Also 3 levels of extra matters very little if you are within 5m of your target and they're on their speeder. They can always close in on you faster than you can move away from them. THat is why Black Out is very useful in Ilum. It adds a lot of stealth to allow you to get away.

Misdirection increases your movement speed, not your movement speed while stealthed.

Whether its additive or multiplicative is unknown, simply because we haven't bothered to test it yet.

As for stealthing in Ilum, anyone who's played a stealth class can tell you, just because you are invisible doesn't mean you stand in the middle of the road.

Misdirection increases your movement speed, not your movement speed while stealthed.

Whether its additive or multiplicative is unknown, simply because we haven't bothered to test it yet.

As for stealthing in Ilum, anyone who's played a stealth class can tell you, just because you are invisible doesn't mean you stand in the middle of the road.

The tool tip said "Boost your stealth level and movement speed." Which I understood as it is boosting you stealth level and your stealth movement speed.

If it boosts movement speed by 15% you would be running faster than other character while not in stealth, which is not the case. As for the testing, it is a very simple test. have a foot race with a friend. :p I've done this before while in Flash points and in the fleet. You'll find that you will slowly fall behind.

The tool tip said "Boost your stealth level and movement speed." Which I understood as it is boosting you stealth level and your stealth movement speed.

If it boosts movement speed by 15% you would be running faster than other character while not in stealth, which is not the case. As for the testing, it is a very simple test. have a foot race with a friend. :p I've done this before while in Flash points and in the fleet. You'll find that you will slowly fall behind.

We do it every night we raid. Its movement speed.

When you're stealthed, you're out of combat. Since you're out of combat, Sprint applies. Sprint > Misdirection and doesn't stack. If the enemy is "spotting" you, they are probably out of combat as well and also have Sprint up...so you're both moving moving at the same speed other than the Stealth movement speed debuff.

The +3 stealth levels help a lot on Ilum. It forces the enemy to have to be within ~10m and have solid LOS in order to spot you...that's a far sight better than being spotted for just being in the neighborhood.

The PvE side of Ilum is another story...in a couple places there are certain mobs with enhanced stealth detection that puts the timer over your head for being anywhere nearby. Extremely annoying...I find it ridiculous that being stealthed can actually aggro mobs from significantly further away that just walking around without stealth at all. They should shrink enhanced stealth detection down to at least normal aggro radius.

wrong

the speed movement increase works differently than you'd expect. You are moving at 85% speed with standard stealth, if you put 3 ranks into it, you get 15% more. You think 85% +15% = 100%, So technically you should be moving as fast as people running.

correct

the +15% movement speed buffs in every talent tree applies to in-combat speed only. Out of combat, you can only passively move at the 135% speed (thanks to sprint). In combat, you run at (with the 15% talent) 115% speed.

Stealth is only usable in an out of combat state (vanish puts you out of combat as well), so you'll be moving at the 85% of the sprint speed (around 117% movespeed).

I haven't noticed any issues with stealth in Ilum. I was there with another Shadow last night for hours. We were standing right next to crates or on paths kicking people off speeders. Imps didn't notice we were there until they got kicked....then hit....then kicked again...and murdered :)

Neither of us had difficulties getting away when we got badly outnumbered either.

There were a few stealthed assassins around and we could only spot em from 2-5m when we crossed paths.

only place i have noticed an issue with stealth is in WZ's ussually once per match i get some ranged attack from 30m away while i am in stealth. i have considered it might be an AoE but it has happened with saber throw and a sorc's chain lightning along with a BH's grapple, and a operatives ranged skill from cover.

example is for a void star i was stealthed at our door right under the bomb plant location while a Jugg was out past the two pillars when i received a saber throw from him from max distance which broke me out of stealth.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.