Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I canceled today

Zmol

I canceled my account today after some considration and. Here is what I suggested when promted why on the cancel page:

- Reduce planet sizes by 25-75%

- Increase player numbers by 200-400%

- Make intersecting quest lines/and or shared questlines

I felt like I was playing and MMORPG without the MM

I want it to make a difference when I choose to play on a PvP-server. I know people will disagree with me on this, but I loved the way "Stranglethorn Vale" was designed in WoW. That's my taste and sadly I did not find it here :,(

Go log onto a wow server and see how much of a ghost town the leveling areas are. As with that game, most people are pooling at level cap now. Get to 50 bro, that's when the MMORPG begins.

Level cap may be the beginning of most MMOs, but Bioware didn't have any budget left to make level 50 game play engaging. They spent everything on voice overs.

Edited by Knewt

I canceled my account today after some considration and. Here is what I suggested when promted why on the cancel page:

I want it to make a difference when I choose to play on a PvP-server. I know people will disagree with me on this, but I loved the way "Stranglethorn Vale" was designed in WoW. That's my taste and sadly I did not find it here :,(

Join the crowd.

12 out of 15 people I know played this have un-subbed already. Only 3 left and I un-subbed 2 days ago again.

I gave it one more month and dislike it more now then I did then.

I have also thought about shared story-quests but I guess it would be pretty difficult to make it work. (what do you do when the class you need is not around? can you do it alone?)

The only way to increase player numbers at this point (besides marketing strategies) would be to merge servers, which in my opinion will definitely happen sometime in the next 6 months.

I don't think planet size is a problem. I think there's enough things to discover everywhere so it doesn't get boring, the distances you have to overcome on your journey may be vast at times but as I said, I think the landscape is beautifully designed and I enjoy looking around (even if I still mourn the high definition graphics... :( ).

Level cap may be the beginning of most MMOs, but Bioware didn't have any budget left to make level 50 game play engaging. They spent everything on voice overs.

The OPS are fine. Did you clear all on nightmare? Get to work. PVP is fine. Did you get battlemaster? Get to work. New Operation in less than a month, and rated PVP coming. Things are looking up.

Good luck, you made a choice based on a difference that is not hidden.

This is a Theme based MMO -- It is not WoW. WoW is old, thus and different/not Theme based.

Also it has pokemon soon and Pandas...so yeah... enjoy

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant sub-forum. If you'd like to add your list of bugs or suggestions, we encourage you to post in the following threads in the interest of helping us keep compilations consolidated:

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.