East/West or Right/Left?

Buckit

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EAST/WEST is correct

Right/Left is correct (using spawn as point of reference)

your driving in a car and someone says take a right at the next light.....its understood and correct

and if they say take east on road xxxx they are also correct

People can mean different things when using left/right, so it's always confusing. I do not know if you mean left/right looking at the mini map, starting area, or your current position. I prefer east/west because it is simple, or it should be, to glance at your mini map and instantly know. Everyone should know how to tell north/south/east/west.

People can mean different things when using left/right, so it's always confusing. I do not know if you mean left/right looking at the mini map, starting area, or your current position. I prefer east/west because it is simple, or it should be, to glance at your mini map and instantly know. Everyone should know how to tell north/south/east/west.

This is just people being bad to be honest.

You don't use left/right when looking at a map, no. But you also don't use the map for reference unless you are a newb that doesnt know the map (everyone has to learn them at some point, nothing wrong with it). So you don't use the map.

If you use left right based on 'your' current position... Well I'm sorry but your not very bright.

So while you are correct its not the interpretation that's wrong, but its the wrong usage. Use it right and it works, and it only takes common sense to use it right.

EAST/WEST is correct

Right/Left is correct (using spawn as point of reference)

your driving in a car and someone says take a right at the next light.....its understood and correct

and if they say take east on road xxxx they are also correct

Using roads as an example is flawed, try the same reasoning without roads in a desert or any open terrain.

Right/Left is subjective, cardinal directions are constant for a reason.

Using roads as an example is flawed, try the same reasoning without roads in a desert or any open terrain.

Right/Left is subjective, cardinal directions are constant for a reason.

Right/left is just as constant if the point of reference is a uniform fixed point. Your spawn.

This is just people being bad to be honest.

You don't use left/right when looking at a map, no. But you also don't use the map for reference unless you are a newb that doesnt know the map (everyone has to learn them at some point, nothing wrong with it). So you don't use the map.

If you use left right based on 'your' current position... Well I'm sorry but your not very bright.

So while you are correct its not the interpretation that's wrong, but its the wrong usage. Use it right and it works, and it only takes common sense to use it right.

In order to use it "right" , you would have to specify left of spawn etc. Use cardinal directions and you will never be wrong.

Right/left is just as constant if the point of reference is a uniform fixed point. Your spawn.

There has been a fixed frame of reference in place for thousands of years.

Egypt is to the right you idiots! Everyone knows you use Rome as the point of reference!

Edited by Armaso

There has been a fixed frame of reference in place for thousands of years.

Egypt is to the right you idiots! Everyone knows you use Rome as the point of reference!

I stated spawn as a reference....it is constant

driving threw the desert tour guide say "look to your left you can see more sand" yup it still works

In order to use it "right" , you would have to specify left of spawn etc. Use cardinal directions and you will never be wrong.

You're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. There is only one frame of reference that even logically makes any kind of sense when someone says left right and that is in relation to the starting position. Saying East/West is any easier than left/right and that people that prefer left right are stupid is all true for people that cant figure out left/right instead of east/west or snow/grass.

They all take memorization and thought process, wether its looking down at my mini map and saying oh, the other side, or remembering which way i face when i spawn i still have to think about it.

I personally dont care although i find the best results with left/right in voidstar on offense, and east/west on defense. And snow/mid/grass on CW

I stated spawn as a reference....it is constant

driving threw the desert tour guide say "look to your left you can see more sand" yup it still works

I can see why you are unable to grasp basic concepts. Read the notes from the latest patch and tell us all what BW calls the turret that sometimes ticks twice.

You're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult. There is only one frame of reference that even logically makes any kind of sense when someone says left right and that is in relation to the starting position. Saying East/West is any easier than left/right and that people that prefer left right are stupid is all true for people that cant figure out left/right instead of east/west or snow/grass.

They all take memorization and thought process, wether its looking down at my mini map and saying oh, the other side, or remembering which way i face when i spawn i still have to think about it.

I personally dont care although i find the best results with left/right in voidstar on offense, and east/west on defense. And snow/mid/grass on CW

I'm not being difficult, I am only being correct.

I'm not being difficult, I am only being correct.

Except nothing is correct in matters of opinion. Some of us just think left/right.is easier, and in my case it is because I've never once looked at my mini map in a WZ, so if you say east I'm gonna not have a clue where you are talking.

Left/right is just more intuitive for that reason right there.

I can see why you are unable to grasp basic concepts. Read the notes from the latest patch and tell us all what BW calls the turret that sometimes ticks twice.

please share how my statement is incorrect......you cant because anyonewith a pulse would understand that

Except nothing is correct in matters of opinion. Some of us just think left/right.is easier, and in my case it is because I've never once looked at my mini map in a WZ, so if you say east I'm gonna not have a clue where you are talking.

my point is that you should know both....as both are correct

A fact is not an opinion.

A fact is not an opinion.

The argument is which is better, that is opinion.

East/west may never be wrong technically but it doesn't mean everyone knows where you mean without looking at the map.

Left/right is pure instinct, problem is not everyone understands its based on spawn point, which should be common sense.

So which is more intuitive, knowing the point of reference, or knowing knowing the directional orientation of the map. Sine one requires common sense and one requires use of the in game map the strictly more intuitive one is left/right.

But again, its all opinions.

East/west may never be wrong technically but it doesn't mean everyone knows where you mean without looking at the map.

Left/right is pure instinct, problem is not everyone understands its based on spawn point, which should be common sense.

So which is more intuitive, knowing the point of reference, or knowing knowing the directional orientation of the map. Sine one requires common sense and one requires use of the in game map the strictly more intuitive one is left/right.

exactly...both are viable and you should know both.....because not everyone will use option A or B or C

Edited by TheBigBee

Common sense would be to use the system put in place many years ago. The orientation of the map is North up. Anyone with common sense knows that. Refer to patch notes if you don't believe BW had the common sense to orient the map correctly.

Common sense would be to use the system put in place many years ago. The orientation of the map is North up. Anyone with common sense knows that. Refer to patch notes if you don't believe BW had the common sense to orient the map correctly.

common sense also dictates Left and Right.....but if you still dont understand left for right well there is not hope for you

as pointed out East and West is also correct use