Poll: Is it true that only 5% have fps issues!!??

Sorrowsongg

DxDiag link: http://pastebin.com/82apqH8i

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ ~2.7GHz

Ram: 12GB Corsair Vengance (3x4gb) @1600MHz

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58

Harddrive: 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD (SATA III connection, 555mbs read / 515mbs write)

Graphics card: 2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 550TI (SLI)

Native screen resolution: 1920 x 1200 (24")

Internet connection: 100/100 (BredBandsBolaget)

No heat problems

I have FPS issues, but only in this game.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm lucky I get 18 fps in WZs and the fleet. Questing areas are usually fine... 70fps +

This is what I'm running...

Processor : AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 3200MHz

Physical Memory : 8192MB (2 x 4096 DDR3-SDRAM )

Video Card : AMD Radeon HD 6870

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7637/swtorfps.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1382/swtorfps2.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3229/swtorfps3.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/999/swtorfps4.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8716/swtorfps5.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/5150/swtorfps6.jpg

Edited by Sizzurps

I would kill for 40fps...I get 96 at the character selection screen and then 15 as soon as the game loads. Fleet is unplayable...it looks like a flip book. I know my rig isn't brand new but I've got 8GB of ram and a 1 GB video card...all of my specs are higher than the recommended specs for TOR.

I'm frustrated and likely to unsub if I can't get this to be playable soon. I don't have the option to go out and buy a new rig just for a video game and after reading about how some have done just that only to find that their fps hasn't budged, I can't say it would be worth it in any case.

DxDiag link: http://pastebin.com/82apqH8i

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 @ ~2.7GHz

Ram: 12GB Corsair Vengance (3x4gb) @1600MHz

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58

Harddrive: 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD (SATA III connection, 555mbs read / 515mbs write)

Graphics card: 2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 550TI (SLI)

Native screen resolution: 1920 x 1200 (24")

Internet connection: 100/100 (BredBandsBolaget)

No heat problems

I have FPS issues, but only in this game.

Hi, please just dont post your specs here but do complete the survey so we get some data :)

Thx in advance

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

and what does the "fps issues" include?

for me, having 60-110 fps outside on planets but then having ~20-30 fps in warzones (civil war is the worst) is fps issues to me.

6950 unlocked @910

phenom2 x4 965 BE @3,9

8g 1600 ram

30 DPS isn't lagging. That's just being picky a human eye can see 30 FPS perfectly with no issues. 20 or less I can understand but 30 is no real problem.

This poll isn't very smart though as forums of a game only have generally 5-10% of a games community. Most simply do not care enough to post on forums I played SWG for 8 years and only started posting on the forums in my 7th year. In my entire guild here on TOR I am the only one who will read anything on the forums the rest do not care. So even if the entire forum community told you they have FPS issues it's possible that Bioware is still correct (slim but still possible as you hold such a low %).

30 DPS isn't lagging. That's just being picky a human eye can see 30 FPS perfectly with no issues. 20 or less I can understand but 30 is no real problem.

This poll isn't very smart though as forums of a game only have generally 5-10% of a games community. Most simply do not care enough to post on forums I played SWG for 8 years and only started posting on the forums in my 7th year. In my entire guild here on TOR I am the only one who will read anything on the forums the rest do not care. So even if the entire forum community told you they have FPS issues it's possible that Bioware is still correct (slim but still possible as you hold such a low %).

Hi, as stated in the disclaimer the forum sample size might not represent the average gamer of this game. Its not a matter of that the sample size would be to small if forums was 5-10% of all players. Actually a sample size of 1000 users of the 1.XX million that play SWTOR would be perfectly enough to draw conclusions statistically. Its ONLY a matter of if the forum population would be representative of the average gamer of this game. However i doubt on FPS issues it will differ much. You could claim that more frustrated folks go to the forum thus people with more bad than average FPS use the forum. You could also claim that people using the forum are more serious gamers and thus should have generally above average riggs.

Personally I believe with enough responses we will still be able to get a solid good picture of the situation.

arent 'polls' againt the EULA ?

Dont think any type of poll could be against the EULA. I should be free to create any type of polls as i please on third party webpages.

This poll could also help Bioware if we can find that certain setups of hardware have more issues than other setups.

This poll is gonna get trolled by people with "supercomputers" that don't really have them....I personally have zero issues unless there's a crap ton of stuff going on in Ilum. Graphical details are all the way up too.

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 4.0Ghz.

6GBs DDR3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GBs GDDR5 RAM

Mechanical 7200RPM HDD

Hi, as stated in the disclaimer the forum sample size might not represent the average gamer of this game. Its not a matter of that the sample size would be to small if forums was 5-10% of all players. Actually a sample size of 1000 users of the 1.XX million that play SWTOR would be perfectly enough to draw conclusions statistically. Its ONLY a matter of if the forum population would be representative of the average gamer of this game. However i doubt on FPS issues it will differ much. You could claim that more frustrated folks go to the forum thus people with more bad than average FPS use the forum. You could also claim that people using the forum are more serious gamers and thus should have generally above average riggs.

Personally I believe with enough responses we will still be able to get a solid good picture of the situation.

Sample size is not the issue here its the bias. You are throwing a question out there, and the people who will answer it are more likelly to be the dissatisfied customer wanting their voice heard.

Dont think any type of poll could be against the EULA. I should be free to create any type of polls as i please on third party webpages.

This poll could also help Bioware if we can find that certain setups of hardware have more issues than other setups.

the poll itself aint persay, but linking to it via biowares property may casue them to scrutinize what your intentions are, and see it as an anti-swtor promotion.

that is why most all game companies do not allow it. If you want the poll, you probably are going to have to tout it from a non-bioware source.

the poll itself aint persay, but linking to it via biowares property may casue them to scrutinize what your intentions are, and see it as an anti-swtor promotion.

that is why most all game companies do not allow it. If you want the poll, you probably are going to have to tout it from a non-bioware source.

Well might be so but I made a few polls before with 1K plus answers here that was not closed so I believe its good for everyone to get some solid data instead of just speculation. Im not wanting this poll to look good or bad I just want some solid data :)

Sample size is not the issue here its the bias. You are throwing a question out there, and the people who will answer it are more likelly to be the dissatisfied customer wanting their voice heard.

Hi,

It might be so yes but so far I have seen no data showing that forum population is more dissatisfied than average players with regards to FPS.

It might actually be totally oposite (like I wrote in my post in last page) as forum population might be more seriuos gamers with better than average riggs.

I dont know the answer to this and neither do you :)

Im just trying to get some solid data..

Well might be so but I made a few polls before with 1K plus answers here that was not closed so I believe its good for everyone to get some solid data instead of just speculation. Im not wanting this poll to look good or bad I just want some solid data :)

I also agree with the poster above that you are not getting accurate data.

the only data that will ever be even a smidgen accurate it the demographics that bioware has access to.

there is absolutely NO control variable for accurate representation of any resemblance of a scientific method.

sure ... you will get poll results..... But I'm willing to bet that it is very very innacurate.

I agree with this post. Forum population is not the same as game population. Most of the people who go to forum are people who have some problems with the game. And the thread about fps issues will mainly interest the people who actually have problems with fps.

But still, if the OP manages to get low number of people with fps issues even here on this forum, it would only solidify Bioware's statement. However, I believe that making questionares like this one is a good start. Maybe the Bioware will make similar questionare in game to actually caltulate the real part of the population (the questionares used during in beta weekends seem to be little out of date to my opinion).

Edited by Jedlosson

I also agree with the poster above that you are not getting accurate data.

the only data that will ever be even a smidgen accurate it the demographics that bioware has access to.

there is absolutely NO control variable for accurate representation of any resemblance of a scientific method.

sure ... you will get poll results..... But I'm willing to bet that it is very very innacurate.

Well fine everyone is entitled to their opinion. I however dissagree and I do not believe FPS issues will differ widely on forums or in game in general.

I agree on that Bioware most likely have access to better data or could have access to better data via an ingame poll. However we do not see that data so this is the only way of getting some data.

Lets see how the poll result ends up and then we can take the discussion regarding if the result is representative or not ok?

EDIT: One way to check forum sample size would also be to see how the population of high end /low end riggs look in the survey answers. If the forums would be full of people having issues then most likely lower end riggs would be dominant.

Also if lets say 1% have FPS issues in the poll then Bioware is most likely right with their 5% estimate. If 30-50% would have FPS issues then Bioware is most likely off with their estimates as sample size should most likely not differ so much especially when looking at what types of riggs people say they are running.

Edited by Sorrowsongg

Well fine everyone is entitled to their opinion. I however dissagree and I do not believe FPS issues will differ widely on forums or in game in general.

I agree on that Bioware most likely have access to better data or could have access to better data via an ingame poll. However we do not see that data so this is the only way of getting some data....

not an opinion....the fact is that they have the data, you wont...ever. and neither will any other entity outside bioware and their demographic partnerships .

but if you want to read the results as 'data' that can be used.... good luck. I'm just pointing out the major flaw in this venture.

Its funny how ppl post they have no problems other than saying they have good comp;)

My specs are

Win7 home deition (64bit)

8 gigs of ram

AMD phenom 2 X6 black ed 1090T

ati 6870

(standard harddrive)

FPS in open world questing etc from 25 to 110 fps. normally around 60 i guess. No real issues here. Everything seems smooth enough to me.

ALL FP's and once in an operation. good fps. around 80 average i think, but ofc the occational slow dows into 20ish or sometimes even slightly less.

Fleet everything from 16 to 90 fps. but generally maybe 30-40. On the fleet i feel the fps-slowdowns

WZ is generally oki, but the civil war tends to go often down to 16 fps, but generally around 30. Here i feel the slowdowns when they happen.

All in all i dont feel i have fps issues, but i do get the occational slowdowns.

I'm running often with AA. This i controll from my ATI card and not ingame settings. I use the special 4xAA that will show as 12XAA (cant remember whats it called). And i realy cant see a fps difference using AA and not.

Keep in mind i only use the in-game fps measurement, but i want to try something that can monitore my whole playsession (2-6 hours) but i dont know what program to use..