Insanely long loading screen times

Haydos

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their long loading screen times. When I first started playing the game, it was fine, but along the way it got worse. I think it started to get worse around after 1.1 patch hit. I will say though, around that time is when I started to use Windows Mode. It takes almost 1minute to load any screen that is a new zone. Most of my settings are on High, but I haven't changed them since launch, so I don't see how lowering them could help if it just got progressively worse.

My system specs are as followed:

RAM: 8GB

CPU: i5 2500k

GPU: Radeon 6950

SWTOR is installed on a 128GB SSD

Windows 7 64bit

If you guys have any idea, please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by Haydos

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their long loading screen times. When I first started playing the game, it was fine, but along the way it got worse. I think it started to get worse around after 1.1 patch hit. I will say though, around that time is when I started to use Windows Mode. It takes almost 1minute to load any screen that is a new zone. Most of my settings are on High, but I haven't changed them since launch, so I don't see how lowering them could help if it just got progressively worse.

Windows 7 64bit

I get the idea the problem is server side... I have insane long loading times as well; I don't have an SSD but run two old fashioned HDD's in Raid 0.

I am in the same boat. Top end PC, decent net speed and yet i still get crazy long loading screens. There are more people with this issue than without.

During the loading screen if u hit Ctrl+Shift+F, you can actually see the fps and the odd bounce. Starts at a 0.1, hovers at around 9. and then 1/4 (after a 2min wait) it pops to an ingame fps for longer than 30 seconds.

Started calling it ability lag for loading screens ^^

Ah I haven't tried using that hotkey to check my FPS. But yeh I forgot to mention I live in Australia, but my computer clearly is built good enough to handle anything this game throws at it. Also I have 100mbps internet speed, which usually hovers around 86mbps, so that can't be the problem.

EDIT: Just did a speedtest and here were my results:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1770015715.png

Edited by Haydos

I'm having long loading times for planets(while fast for Fleet and ship).

I've seen people with worse machines than mine and yours claim their loading times are very short.

I guess it's some kind of optimizing issue with hardware somewhere?

Ok so it looks like I'm not the only one.

I have found that if I try to join a Warzone that has already started, by the time I actually enter and load in, I am kicked before I can exit the starting zone. It is ridiculous.

I have compared with other guildmates, and they don't seem to have a problem. Example tonight when we were raiding EV. Everyone entered the Operation at the same time, yet I was at least 30seconds behind everyone else loading in.

I don't know that my loading screens have gotten longer exactly, but sometimes yeah I do get stuck with an extremely long one. Sometimes minimizing and then maximizing the game seems to make it move faster (like "oops sorry I forgot what I was doing until you poked me!") And other times doing that makes it take longer.

i7 2600K, 8 GB 1600 DDR3 RAM, Geforce 570 GTX and the most important: 240GB Kingston HyperX SSD.

At work at moment, I will check later. With the above system my loading screens were really short up today (although the interstellar travel is still an annoyance especially the useless orbital stations as an intermediate step...)

Maybe we have to understand that as a free content update...

Edited by Midichlorien

Windows 7 64bit

Use this guide to help..... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1198

My loading screens take seconds, always less than a minute.

Use this guide to help..... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1198

My loading screens take seconds, always less than a minute.

I don't think in many cases it's much if anything to do with the PC (as least when people are talking about specs like 2500k's 8GB of RAM and SSDs - that hardware should run SWTOR ok on hideously unoptimised machines), if you look at how the loading screen stalls it seems to be waiting for server action.

I get the idea the problem is server side... I have insane long loading times as well; I don't have an SSD but run two old fashioned HDD's in Raid 0.

IMHO, it's client side. Lots of people don't want to admit there out-of-date computer can't handle SWTOR or they have poor Internet connections or poor Ethernet cards, wifi etc. the list goes on. I was having these issues to with my 3-4 year old computer. It when I bought a more modern computer I have no issues with loading.

Most people just need to take the next step and just clean their computers or upgrade.

I don't think in many cases it's much if anything to do with the PC (as least when people are talking about specs like 2500k's 8GB of RAM and SSDs - that hardware should run SWTOR ok on hideously unoptimised machines), if you look at how the loading screen stalls it seems to be waiting for server action.

At 30% when the loading screen hangs for a second it's processing the information on YOUR computer. You notice the first 30% only takes seconds for the server to send the info, then your computer takes over. Not server side, client side in most cases. I had all the problems with my old computer and I don't anymore now that I replaced it.

Edited by Zyanzor

At 30% when the loading screen hangs for a second it's processing in information on YOUR computer. You notice the first 30% the server sending the info, then your computer takes over. Not server side, client side in most cases. I had all the problems with my old computer and I don't anymore now that I replaced it.

Like I said though if you've got specs like that I don't know what you could have done to your PC to make it act like a below minimum specs PC (which I have had running SWTOR, strangely SWTOR actually perform pretty well on very low spec machines, the biggest game killing issue seems not to be CPU or GPU, but rather drivers and shader version).

Especially when it doesn't happen in other games.

Turning off a few services isn't going to make a machine of that spec go from 1 min+ LS to a couple of seconds LS.

And tbh if it IS something specific effecting a wide range of machine, then that needs too be looked at too.

IMHO, it's client side. Lots of people don't want to admit there out-of-date computer can't handle SWTOR or they have poor Internet connections or poor Ethernet cards, wifi etc. the list goes on. I was having these issues to with my 3-4 year old computer. It when I bought a more modern computer I have no issues with loading.

Most people just need to take the next step and just clean their computers or upgrade.

The TO listed his system above and it's somewehere in the upperclass.

Your advice strongly remembers me for "deleting w-t-f foulders" and "forward your game ports in your router settings, you noob", which didn't help in the past (because Blizzard just denied that in reality there was a problem with its own provider and the delivered bandwidth. Either Blizzard had too less contracted or the provider just wasn't able to deliver the needed bandwidth, some IP ranges just fell off the table :-)

Edited by Midichlorien

So you're saying that my 4.2GHz Phenom X6 with 16GB RAM, enterprise SSDs, crossfire 6970s, and a 150/150 commercial FIOS connection that never drops below 60FPS or 30 latency isn't sufficient to handle this game?

Or perhaps my second comp with a 3.8GHz i7, 8GB RAM, dual Raptors, 5970, and 150/150 fios is also inadequate for these overly demanding loading screens that can take as much as five minutes to finish.

I mean I understand the need to be a fan boy but come on now. It's on their end and this problem has been reported since early beta and, like nearly every other issue mentioned during beta, is yet to be fixed.

They need quicker and less loading screens. BW broke many rules of thumb that you're taught in gaming dev 101. No more than one loading screen between action.

It also takes a painfully long time just to log into the game and even log out... Think we all know about that.

Some streamlining of the loading screen I hope is on their agenda at one point.

I thought this only happened on my machine. I have a Ge Force 580 GTX, and one terrbite of hard drive. I get stuck on these loading screens and sometimes, they take forever. An average is around a minute, longest I had was 10 minutes.

Doesn't sound like much seperately but I get them every single time I walk into a new planet. You have loading screen before you enter your ship, when you leave your ship and then again then you leave your hub space. I think it's a problem they need to seriously look at. Most of people with this issue have high end computer's with good connections.

I can only imagine, what it is doing to poor lad's with downgraded graphics.