question about upcoming surge nerf

ISDcaptain

so let me get this straight

now that surge is being nerfed by having diminshing returns, at what percentage will those diminhsing returns come into effect

currently i think at 90% surge is where it gets harder to increase surge, after the nerf, what will this point be?

if the devs are nerfing surge, then they have basically screwed over troopers and mercs that relie heavily on surge and crit

so now that troopers and mercs are weaker, this just added insult to the injury to all the DPS players

so let me get this straight

now that surge is being nerfed by having diminshing returns, at what percentage will those diminhsing returns come into effect

currently i think at 90% surge is where it gets harder to increase surge, after the nerf, what will this point be?

if the devs are nerfing surge, then they have basically screwed over troopers and mercs that relie heavily on surge and crit

so now that troopers and mercs are weaker, this just added insult to the injury to all the DPS players

Between 70 and 75%, the inflexion point of the DR curve looks around 73%

well you shouldnt have more then 80-85% surge as a dps trooper anyway so with the nerf of 10% taking us down to 70-75% then addinind dr around the same mark...no current gear chaning should be needed....coz after that u stack power anyway

without combat logs pretty hard to tell ofcourse

and a little fyi man just about every dps class (and some healers) rely on surge....if it effects pretty much everyone its not that big a deal....

im guessing this was to bring dot spec dps class closer to non dot spec dps....

which is fair enuff imo

Edited by hoonz

Surge is going to be nerfed, %100.

To make way for the next tier of valor gear so "killing will not be quicker than intended."

Nothing you or the other 4,321 others say will change this.

No matter what mathematics ratios or how many threads created, it is going to be "adjusted"..%100.

The next tier of gear will be a total of %10 stronger offsetting the surge adjustment. Its a game of smoke and mirrors.

Thank You.

Edited by silvercgull

Why are you pretending only troopers are going to be hit hard by this nerf? Gunslingers will be hit hard as well. As will healers being able to pull off clutch heals. As will Sorcerers pulling off huge dots. As will....etc

Pretty much all classes used surge extensively, since it was so great of a stat.

Why are you pretending only troopers are going to be hit hard by this nerf? Gunslingers will be hit hard as well. As will healers being able to pull off clutch heals. As will Sorcerers pulling off huge dots. As will....etc

Pretty much all classes used surge extensively, since it was so great of a stat.

you mean rage juggs will be hit the hardest.

Great. Just great. I just finished my surge set and have currently 90% surge. It's awesome, I like it. Love it. Seems like Bioware is raging blind changing stuff without a taking a moment to actually think how many systems will be affected. The only two sets of enchantments/mods I get as a sage are: power/alacrity and crit/surge. How about they give me more options first? I don't want freaking alacrity, not even one god damn point and now, in order to have crit I'll have to stack surge way beyond the point it actually makes sense now, right?

Use your brains, Bioware.

Before you nerf surge (you can nerf it, whatever, don't care), give me the option to stack the stats I want instead of forcing me to stack alacrity, because you nerfed surge, ffs.

Regards,

Kalantris