Star wars 3d 4th for weekend

keiklo

Looks more like 1 winner and 1 sucker to me. Spend your money however you like, though.

Hmmmmm. I'm spending my money on something I like, and that money goes to somebody who has continued to bring me joy with his work throughout the years. You, presumably, are spending money on a game, where a good portion of the money goes to a guy you continually bash and say doesn't deserve it. And then you claim one of us is a sucker.

Funny how I'm reminded of that old line, "Who's the more foolish...."

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm. I'm spending my money on something I like, and that money goes to somebody who has continued to bring me joy with his work throughout the years. You, presumably, are spending money on a game, where a good portion of the money goes to a guy you continually bash and say doesn't deserve it. And then you claim one of us is a sucker.

Funny how I'm reminded of that old line, "Who's the more foolish...."

As you have no idea how much of a licensing fee Lucas gets from this game, you really don't know what you're talking about. Also, I spent money on a game made by people who actually know how to tell a story and write dialogue rather than on a crappy film that was converted into 3D to coax suckers into spending more money on it. Lastly, I don't remember the rule which said that someone who liked the Star Wars universe had to love everything in it.

Seriously, you're not helping yourself here. Think before you post.

Edited by RagnarokJC

As you have no idea how much of a licensing fee Lucas gets from this game, you really don't know what you're talking about. Also, I spent money on a game made by people who actually know how to tell a story and write dialogue rather than on a crappy film that was converted into 3D to coax suckers into spending more money on it. Lastly, I don't remember the rule which said that someone who liked the Star Wars universe had to love everything in it.

Seriously, you're not helping yourself here. Think before you post.

Well if you're going to use adjectives like "sucker" on others, lining the coffers of the man you have such apparent disdain for is a fragile position to throw stones from....

Well if you're going to use adjectives like "sucker" on others, lining the coffers of the man you have such apparent disdain for is a fragile position to throw stones from....

<*Sigh*> /facepalm

Ownership of an intellectual property doesn't mean that one is responsible for creating everything related to that intellectual property. You keep making this simplistic and fallacious argument that's been brought up and shot down a million times before you even started posting here. Try using the Search function to see if anything you're going to say has already been used before or not. You'll really make yourself look better, seriously.

<*Sigh*> /facepalm

Ownership of an intellectual property doesn't mean that one is responsible for creating everything related to that intellectual property. You keep making this simplistic and fallacious argument that's been brought up and shot down a million times before you even started posting here. Try using the Search function to see if anything you're going to say has already been used before or not. You'll really make yourself look better, seriously.

For someone who claims such intellect you certainly keep missing the point spectacularly. You call me a "sucker" because I'm giving the dreaded George Lucas my money, despite the fact that I greatly enjoy his output. I'm pointing out that you are also giving him your money, even as you obsessively bash him at every opportunity and put others down for enjoying his work. Seems to me that makes you an even bigger "sucker" than I. This is hardly rocket science.

Perhaps you should put those "critical thinking" skills to use, instead of just being snarky.

I love the people trying to tell themselves this movie is bad because it was 4th behind a romance movie a week before valentines day in February, You apparently didnt read the entire first part of the article which states that these 4 films are the first since 2008 to gross over 20m in the opening weekend, that means a 13 year old movie in it opening weekend made more then any movie til now since 2008. So chew on that for a bit. You saw it, I saw it, the whole WAH!!! It was bad argument is invalid you play an Old Republic MMO this game is bad MOVE ON!

For someone who claims such intellect you certainly keep missing the point spectacularly. You call me a "sucker" because I'm giving the dreaded George Lucas my money, despite the fact that I greatly enjoy his output. I'm pointing out that you are also giving him your money, even as you obsessively bash him at every opportunity and put others down for enjoying his work. Seems to me that makes you an even bigger "sucker" than I. This is hardly rocket science.

Perhaps you should put those "critical thinking" skills to use, instead of just being snarky.

Like I said, you have no idea what critical thinking is. If it makes you feel better to equate valid criticism of the PT films to "Lucas bashing" and to make some other generalized comment about how "haters" keep giving Lucas their money, then keep doing so. I'm confident that once you actually employ critical thinking skills, you'll realize how fallacious everything you've been saying is.

I love the people trying to tell themselves this movie is bad because it was 4th behind a romance movie a week before valentines day in February, You apparently didnt read the entire first part of the article which states that these 4 films are the first since 2008 to gross over 20m in the opening weekend, that means a 13 year old movie in it opening weekend made more then any movie til now since 2008. So chew on that for a bit. You saw it, I saw it, the whole WAH!!! It was bad argument is invalid you play an Old Republic MMO this game is bad MOVE ON!

Read that part in red again, because you misunderstood what the OP was saying before you wrote it. The OP was talking about how the 4 films helped make this past weekend the biggest in a long time for a *February* in terms of box office revenue. There have been plenty of films that have had individually bigger opening weekends than any of those 4 films. Just look last year's summer blockbuster film openings.

Apparently it doesn't, except to an extreme minority who like to play film critic. :p

What qualifies one as a film critic? I watch about 600 movies a year. I have worked on low budget films. I have been published. I read a lot. I am not 'bragging' or anything puerile, just saying I am not talking out my ***.

Edited by kutulhu

What qualifies one as a film critic? I watch about 600 movies a year. I have worked on low budget films. I have been published. I read a lot. I am not 'bragging' or anything puerile, just saying I am not talking out my ***.

You should realize that he's trying to console himself over the fact that more people were willing to spend money on a lousy romance film than on a 3D cash grab. :)

Why do prequel haters have an irresistible need to post that redlettermedia vid?

Are you trying to talk people into not liking it anymore? What's your agenda? These are serious questions by the way.

Do you see a post about the prequels and go "Oh CRAP, somebody is entertained by these I MUST try to convince them that they're not entertaining!"?

do you know what a non-star wars fan would say watching ANY of the movies? That none of them make sense and they're all stupid.

And although that redlettermedia review is hilarious and entertaining you can't really take it that seriously. He has SOME good points, but 70% of it is him being confused because he can't keep up with the plot. The dude can't even understand the bet between Qui Gon and Watto, I LOVE that segment of the review, it's hilarious - but if you were to take his reviews seriously you'd realize that he might be a little slow if he can't even understand that or who the main character is.

Why do prequel haters have an irresistible need to post that redlettermedia vid?

Are you trying to talk people into not liking it anymore? What's your agenda? These are serious questions by the way.

Do you see a post about the prequels and go "Oh CRAP, somebody is entertained by these I MUST try to convince them that they're not entertaining!"?

do you know what a non-star wars fan would say watching ANY of the movies? That none of them make sense and they're all stupid.

And although that redlettermedia review is hilarious and entertaining you can't really take it that seriously. He has SOME good points, but 70% of it is him being confused because he can't keep up with the plot. The dude can't even understand the bet between Qui Gon and Watto, I LOVE that segment of the review, it's hilarious - but if you were to take his reviews seriously you'd realize that he might be a little slow if he can't even understand that or who the main character is.

Clearly, you are unfamiliar with the concept known as "satire". Also, the idea of the review is to encourage people to think about why the PT films are considered by many to be bad films. If you still want to enjoy those films after watching the reviews, then more power to you.

Clearly, you are unfamiliar with the concept known as "satire". Also, the idea of the review is to encourage people to think about why the PT films are considered by many to be bad films. If you still want to enjoy those films after watching the reviews, then more power to you.

Why is this being said to me? I understand it's satire, in fact I said that it's hilarious and I honestly do love those reviews. My main point was, bottom line, I'm getting sick of people bashing on the prequels whenever somebody who did like them posts something about it.

I get the whole free speech thing, it just aggravates me that every single post that has to do with prequels gets turned off subject into a prequels haters thread.

Edit: Seriously though, i have no clue where you drew the conclusion that I didn't understand that it's supposed to be funny, I keep rereading my last post, scratching my head thinking "I made it pretty damn clear that I was entertained by those reviews and thought they were funny, where is this guy getting that I don't understand satire from?".

Edited by AbelMorvant

I think Episode 1 isn't bad. I liked it, but he should have removed 3 things from 3D version to make it better. Small kid winning pod racing, small kid destroys a space ship by accident with comment like: "oops" and set jarjar on mute

but then again its long time ago and i was younger. who knows maybe they rly suck nowdays haven't seen episode 1 since then.

Edited by Borisius

Why is this being said to me? I understand it's satire, in fact I said that it's hilarious and I honestly do love those reviews. My main point was, bottom line, I'm getting sick of people bashing on the prequels whenever somebody who did like them posts something about it.

I get the whole free speech thing, it just aggravates me that every single post that has to do with prequels gets turned off subject into a prequels haters thread.

Edit: Seriously though, i have no clue where you drew the conclusion that I didn't understand that it's supposed to be funny, I keep rereading my last post, scratching my head thinking "I made it pretty damn clear that I was entertained by those reviews and thought they were funny, where is this guy getting that I don't understand satire from?".

You mentioned how the reviewer (Plinkett) is slow because he couldn't understand who the main character is. Part of the entertainment value from those reviews stems from Plinkett's incorrect references (such as referring to the Cuban Missile Crisis as "World War I"). He is satirizing the kind of obsessed fans who pick apart the PT films. In the main character argument, he was making a serious point about the lack of a clear-cut protagonist in Ep 1, however.

You mentioned how the reviewer (Plinkett) is slow because he couldn't understand who the main character is. Part of the entertainment value from those reviews stems from Plinkett's incorrect references (such as referring to the Cuban Missile Crisis as "World War I"). He is satirizing the kind of obsessed fans who pick apart the PT films. In the main character argument, he was making a serious point about the lack of a clear-cut protagonist in Ep 1, however.

And that's why I said this:

...but if you were to take his reviews seriously you'd realize that he might be a little slow if he can't even understand that or who the main character is.

Put it in bold.

Those kind of fan boys that you say he's making fun of are the same exact ones that swing it around like the bible.

And that's why I said this:

Put it in bold.

Those kind of fan boys that you say he's making fun of are the same exact ones that swing it around like the bible.

He makes a lot of good points, and moreover, he does so from the perspective of being a filmmaker and student of such himself (Mike Stoklasa). I agree that there are people who do indeed wave his reviews around without fully understanding them, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the points he brings up are valid ones.

He makes a lot of good points, and moreover, he does so from the perspective of being a filmmaker and student of such himself (Mike Stoklasa). I agree that there are people who do indeed wave his reviews around without fully understanding them, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the points he brings up are valid ones.

I can bet 100$ that if he really tried he'd be abe to make nitpicky reviews of the OT. There are already spoofs on RoTJ, ESB & ANH, Making fun of illogical things in the OT. Doesn't change the fact that the PT is bad, But the OT is a little bit overrated and the special effects are what really made people fall in love with the OT in teh 70/80's, Not the "Depth, Emotion, contrast" or whatever the hell people say these days.

Now back to the topic, How the hell can TPH be viewed in 3D when the film wasn't filmed in3D int he first place.. I smell a cash grab!

I'd say only about 20% of the points he makes are difficult to argue with.

I guess I just can't resist giving my own opinion on TPH-3D. I watched it, I liked it and don't care about someone else's review of a movie. I was entertained and as I was leaving the theater I overheard two little boys raving over the movie to their dad, a basic retelling of the movie 10 minutes after it was over. I think that is the key here, most of us fell in love with Star Wars as a kid and now technology has caught up to George Lucas's vision of his world and he can do what he wants to get more fans. I just hope that maybe someday there is another trilogy from a galaxy far far away to capture our imaginations again.