Increase Characters to 16 Please Per Server

itsmymillertime

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just buy another account. If you have that much time to waste you probably have another 15 bucks a month to throw at it.

Most games don't allow this many toons. Many just allow 5.

Actually had 39 accounts on D2 and that is 8 chr per account.D2 you could make as many accounts as you wanted.GW1 14 chrs on one account.

16 character slots would be optimum. this would allow one person to play all 16 advanced classes and have them all in one legacy. For me, the legacy option is the reason I haven't moved my Imp characters up on another server. Having acheived legacy on one server, I want all my characters on the same server as part of the same legacy.

If not 16, then 12 . This would allow one player to have all advanced classes for one faction and at least play one of each main class from the other.

Also, I realize that the developers are reluctant to let us know what they are thinking on this since they don't want to promise one thing and end up having to deliver something less, but some additional information on dates and numbers would be greatly appreciated. (Even if it is only an outline of the options that are being considered and target dates)

Yes please, more character slots per server would be awesome. At least 12 slots, but of course I wouldn't mind having more. I don't want to have to delete old characters in order to create new ones in the same legacy. Also, I realize that ftp players are goint to have to pay in order to get more slots, but I do hope that us subscribers get them for free :D

To be honest the only issue Bioware has with adding more slots per server is the server load issues, bottom line they need to spend more money on server hardware or open more virtual machine servers to maintain a bigger server account size.

Well personally im capped with 8 slots already on my server, heres a win-win suggestion you can implement immediately - allow merging of 2 seperate server accounts under one legacy on the same server, thus helping ppl with needed character slots and making a quick buck on monthly subscription fee - of course there would be ppl objecting the idea, but they can vote with their money and not buy another account, but you also know that other ppl will, so the least you could do is keep that option open for us to choose.

You cannot load more than one character at once, so only database size will grow.

As I suppose they use blades with DAS/NAS and separated front end, application and database nodes I cannot see how more slots will affect ingame server performance at all.

Ability to merge accounts in legacy could be a good option - for real families.

But for most players more slots are better decision.

And they could clearly sell those slots in cache shop at least for f2players.

Edited by morfius

I sign this too... I already had 8 characters above 30 when legacy came out, so all my race unlocks give me nothing. I'd love to be able to make more chars, even if its duplicate classes of what i've already got... The Sith Warrior story alone I could do 5 times and still love. It'd be nice to be able to make pubs on my own server though, and not have to play on some random server just to see the storoes... 16 would be great.

Just as long as we don't get the unlock character slot with 30 cartel coins scheme, like some f2p ripoffs do, that won't work for anyone. :)

The more character slots the more ppl reroll more playing time etc.

We do have plans to make more character slots available per server and will bring you more info as soon as we can. Thanks for all your suggestions in this thread!
Edited by ChrisMattar