Is this intended? black-red saber on republic

SunwindIon

did kotor come out before/after mace windu had his purple saber in the movie? I actually never played it so I have no idea when it came out, but it's probably because they're going from what was in KOTOR.

KOTOR came out in 2003 I think, which is a year after Attack of the Clones. I'm pretty sure that's the first film where Mace Windu pulls his purple saber out.

Pretty sure he never lights it in the first film.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Who's hurt!?!?... Wait.. no one?... Everyone's ok?.....

Oh.. well in that case relax. Don't need to be spoken down to for making a simple mistake.

I said please, I wasn't talking down to anyone, don't get so butthurt over nothing

Looting a crystal from a weapon causes it to become bound to the player.

These crystals are in Battlemaster/Rakata weapons, both of which are BoP and bought from a vendor.

You can't sell either of them.

Crystal schematic is possible, but unlikely imo. I still think the glitch or photoshop route is the most likely.

Would be great if we could get some sort of dev response here about this.

http://i.imgur.com/LUlPD.jpg

not my picture, from reddit.

--

black-red is EMPIRE only

black-blue is REPUBLIC only

Edit:

so from what i've gathered so far he has either used a glitch to get on the imperial station and purchase the black-red lightsaber from either the rakata or PVP vendor, or like the guy with the white lightsaber crystal that got banned, he contacted the GM support and told them to change a weapon he bought by mistake and they gave him the wrong one in return. APPARENTLY this is quite common..

either way this isn't "legit" and I think bioware ought to do something about it. I don't think it's very fair to other players that a select few can get unique things like this while everybody else, can not.

Accusing people on the forums like this is not appropriate.

if their response to the white lightsaber crystal thread is any indication, we will be waiting a few days while rampantly speculating before they chime in with a simple response.

Edited by SunwindIon

Looting a crystal from a weapon causes it to become bound to the player.

These crystals are in Battlemaster/Rakata weapons, both of which are BoP and bought from a vendor.

You can't sell either of them.

Crystal schematic is possible, but unlikely imo. I still think the glitch or photoshop route is the most likely.

Never said anything about weapons. I'm aiming for two majenta colored crystals on my sentinel when lvl 50 by using the Nar Shaddaa GTN and a friend.

Never said anything about weapons. I'm aiming for two majenta colored crystals on my sentinel when lvl 50 by using the Nar Shaddaa GTN and a friend.

that sounds great, i'm happy for you, but magenta has nothing to do with these colours and what applies to magenta does not apply to these black-core ones.

Difference is Magenta crystals are from a schematic dropped on Hoth/Belsavis. Then they're crafted.

These black/red black/blue are only in the Rakata and Battlemaster weapons and even if there was a schematic, where did the materials come from? The Magenta adegan crystal to craft the magenta crystal took weeks to find and was well documented here while the players were hunting.

I doubt someone has managed to get this schem and figure out the crafting material all alone keeping everyone else in the dark.

Good luck with your magenta, theres usually a bunch for sale on our GTN at the imperial fleet so you should be able to pick a couple up if you get the credits (around 350k each currently at the moment)

that sounds great, i'm happy for you, but magenta has nothing to do with these colours and what applies to magenta does not apply to these black-core ones.

That went way over your head. There are schematics for the darksaber crystal colors. It's possible that someone just got extremely lucky on one side of the faction by figuring out how to make them and then sold it on the Nar Shaddaa GTN.

Possibly there are darksaber crystal nodes that pop up once in a blue moon? Not confirming or denying anything but it could be an extremely rare drop and then switched on the neutral GTN.

These black/red black/blue are only in the Rakata and Battlemaster weapons and even if there was a schematic, where did the materials come from? The Magenta adegan crystal to craft the magenta crystal took weeks to find and was well documented here while the players were hunting.

That is where they are most likely seen from. Yes this could be a ruse and a very good troll. However Darksaber crystals could be a drop from pve as well. If you read the recent Q&A the devs stated there will be more rare items in the future. I think something just got extremely lucky and smart.

I doubt someone has managed to get this schem and figure out the crafting material all alone keeping everyone else in the dark.

Anything for epeens really. I wouldn't tell a soul until my ego was satisfied with the jealous remarks.

Good luck with your magenta, theres usually a bunch for sale on our GTN at the imperial fleet so you should be able to pick a couple up if you get the credits (around 350k each currently at the moment)

Thanks but they are never on the neutral GTN. That's where a friend with artifice skill maxed and the schematic comes in.

Even so, this isn't something that belongs here. If you have an issue with something you think someone did, you submit tickets, not accusations on the forums.

he's not accusing anybody really.

Although I guess this could be considered namecalling. I think this is a good place because we all know - the more people are aware of an exploit, the better the chances it will get fixed / penalties are handed out ( or so you would think )

Edited by mufutiz

he's not accusing anybody really.

Although I guess this could be considered namecalling. I think this is a good place because we all know - the more people are aware of an exploit, the better the chances it will get fixed / penalties are handed out ( or so you would think )

I doubt it really helps because if the intent is to get something fixed/dealt with, a ticket directly to someone who can do something will work better than posting something on the general forums because no one here can actually do anything.

One of the previous patch fixes was 'fixed the exit shuttle in karaga's palace from returning you to the wrong area' or some such. At one point, apparently there was a small chance that if you were republic you could get dropped off on the imperial fleet, and the npc's are neutral. He just went up to the vendor and bought it, at least that's what I gathered after looking through a few similar posts.

I doubt it really helps because if the intent is to get something fixed/dealt with, a ticket directly to someone who can do something will work better than posting something on the general forums because no one here can actually do anything.

i've written many tickets about exploiters or even blatant, every-day afk botting.

nothing happened. nothing at all.