The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Resolve broken still

EscVelocity

I suffered a stun and this fear effect AFTER my resolve bars had reached max.

Why is this broken?

It gives classes with multiple ranged stuns an extremely unfair advantage over those who don't.

http://i.imgur.com/l84Q0.png

http://i.imgur.com/TVEAQ.png

This has been happening HUNDREDS of times.

There is so much CC/stuns in this game it is ridiculous.

It makes WoW feel like it has no CC at all.

Meanwhile my grapple and electro dart don't work 50% of the time on people who broke out of a stun 10 seconds ago and have about 10% resolve bar.

Edited by EscVelocity

Yup, i get stunned all the time while having full resolve. Of course the elite PVPers will say that its never happend. I also have had an assload of times where someone has a 1/4 resolve and I throw a stun, a forcepush and another stun and they are effected by none of it.

Yup, i get stunned all the time while having full resolve. Of course the elite PVPers will say that its never happend. I also have had an assload of times where someone has a 1/4 resolve and I throw a stun, a forcepush and another stun and they are effected by none of it.

Truth.

Resolve is the biggest pile of garbage that has ever been implemented in MMO PvP.

You'll see the "L2P" ******s in this thread any minute, swearing up and down that Resolve is perfect and that they never have an issue with it. Good for them, they have been lucky.

In my experience, Resolve is all about luck. Sometimes you're lucky and Resolve does something. Most of the time you're unlucky and Resolve doesn't do anything at all. On top of that your Resolve bar will tick down while you're dead, stuck behind the wall in the spawn area, 100m from the nearest combat, etc...

There are easy ways to fix the ridiculous CC problem in this game.

1) Make CC breaker skill give 6 seconds of CC immunity when cast

2) Throw the entire Resolve mechanic in the dumpster (along with the Dev who designed it and the Program Manager that approved it)

3) Add a CC immunity buff that automatically comes on after you have been CC'd that is 3x the length of the last CC that affected you. For example, a Sentinel uses Force Choke on you for 3s...now you get a buff that makes you immune for 9 seconds. If the Force Choke was broken before 3s (Sentinel died or was interrupted) and only lasted 1s...you would be immune for 3 seconds.

Resolve is the biggest pile of garbage that has ever been implemented in MMO PvP.

You'll see the "L2P" ******s in this thread any minute, swearing up and down that Resolve is perfect and that they never have an issue with it. Good for them, they have been lucky.

In my experience, Resolve is all about luck. Sometimes you're lucky and Resolve does something. Most of the time you're unlucky and Resolve doesn't do anything at all. On top of that your Resolve bar will tick down while you're dead, stuck behind the wall in the spawn area, 100m from the nearest combat, etc...

There are easy ways to fix the ridiculous CC problem in this game.

1) Make CC breaker skill give 6 seconds of CC immunity when cast

2) Throw the entire Resolve mechanic in the dumpster (along with the Dev who designed it and the Program Manager that approved it)

3) Add a CC immunity buff that automatically comes on after you have been CC'd that is 3x the length of the last CC that affected you. For example, a Sentinel uses Force Choke on you for 3s...now you get a buff that makes you immune for 9 seconds. If the Force Choke was broken before 3s (Sentinel died or was interrupted) and only lasted 1s...you would be immune for 3 seconds.

God mode healers.

Even if you have 7/8ths or even 11/12ths a bar of resolve.... you're going to get hit with a full duration stun/CC the next time you get hit with one.

THEN and ONLY THEN are you immune.

Each ability fills the resolve bar differently.

The reason "Get choked 3 seconds then have 6-9 seconds immunity" is not smart is because it nullifies smart team-play. It dumbs down the game and makes teamplay secondary.

For instance, in Alderaan, Person X uses his CC breaker while we're trying to storm the East turret. I see them do this, and then we kill this person and send them to respawn.

NOW I KNOW that Person X has no CC break. My teammates and I can now hit him with a pair of 4-second stuns, a stun and a whirlwind, or a whirlwind and a stun. Or two whirlwinds/flashbang/whathaveyou.

This gives us an awesome advantage because we're observant and know the mechanics of this game. KNOWING STUFF LIKE THIS IS CRUCIAL FOR OFFENSE IN ALDERAAN because of how stupid-easy it is to defend nodes.

Or, we can just nullify the whole "crowd-control matters" aspect of PvP and turn this into a DPSfest instead of real PvP with strategies and whathaveyou.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

Ok so I wasn't imagining things.

Honestly, I can't remember a stun ever NOT working against me (I guess it's hard to access but nvm).

I'm also very confident that I still get stunned with a full Resolve bar on a regular basis.

I'm not really sure what scheme Bioware is running with the QA of this game but this is getting humiliating.

Imo Resolve should work quite simply:

-If you have 50% Resolve, CC lasts 50% of it's duration.

-If you have 75% Resolve, CC lasts 25% of it's duration.

-If you have 100% Resolve you are immun for a few seconds.

Simple, intuitive, logical.

Edited by Dee-Jay

Resolve is not broken. It only works when the white bar gets full and STARTS WINDING DOWN. So do not use your CC break until your bar is full and you get CCed.

I agree they should reduce the CC break to like 1 min though.

yea i do agree that there is a definite need for the cc breaker to be at a shorter cool down because with a game with so many ccs and them making the cc breaker 2 min is them slapping everyone in the face and laughing at them :mad:

Even if you have 7/8ths or even 11/12ths a bar of resolve.... you're going to get hit with a full duration stun/CC the next time you get hit with one.

THEN and ONLY THEN are you immune.

Each ability fills the resolve bar differently.

The reason "Get choked 3 seconds then have 6-9 seconds immunity" is not smart is because it nullifies smart team-play. It dumbs down the game and makes teamplay secondary.

For instance, in Alderaan, Person X uses his CC breaker while we're trying to storm the East turret. I see them do this, and then we kill this person and send them to respawn.

NOW I KNOW that Person X has no CC break. My teammates and I can now hit him with a pair of 4-second stuns, a stun and a whirlwind, or a whirlwind and a stun. Or two whirlwinds/flashbang/whathaveyou.

This gives us an awesome advantage because we're observant and know the mechanics of this game. KNOWING STUFF LIKE THIS IS CRUCIAL FOR OFFENSE IN ALDERAAN because of how stupid-easy it is to defend nodes.

Or, we can just nullify the whole "crowd-control matters" aspect of PvP and turn this into a DPSfest instead of real PvP with strategies and whathaveyou.

OR

You see him use his CC break then coordinate your attack to focus him while he is stunned by one 4s stun.

But no, that would require actual teamwork rather than just chain stunning everything you see and facerolling your way to victory...which is exactly what pvp is right now.

If you don't see a problem in someone being chain CC'd for upwards of 20 seconds then you are just crazy.

Where on Earth are you getting the idea that less CC makes the game easier? CC REMOVES your competition from the game....

Having more CC immunity does not "dumb the game down"...it requires players to use MORE teamwork to MORE efficiently use their CC skills by being MORE observant and using MORE strategy.

Edited by Lasteran

OR

You see him use his CC break then coordinate your attack to focus him while he is stunned by one 4s stun.

But no, that would require actual teamwork rather than just chain stunning everything you see and facerolling your way to victory...which is exactly what pvp is right now.

If you don't see a problem in someone being chain CC'd for upwards of 20 seconds then you are just crazy.

Where on Earth are you getting the idea that less CC makes the game easier? CC REMOVES your competition from the game....

Having more CC immunity does not "dumb the game down"...it requires players to use MORE teamwork to MORE efficiently use their CC skills by being MORE observant and using MORE strategy.

GOOD players don't use their CC breaks until they're 100% resolve and alive enough to contribute to the battle. Not for some piddly 4-second stun at half resolve...

More CC Immunity = less caring about getting CC'd, and more DPS faceroll time.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

GOOD players don't use their CC breaks until they're 100% resolve and alive enough to contribute to the battle. Not for some piddly 4-second stun at half resolve...

More CC Immunity = less caring about getting CC'd, and more DPS faceroll time.

This is exactly why I say get rid of Resolve. Just delete it.

Hell, if it was up to me I would delete the CC breaker skill as well.

Just add a CC immunity that corresponds to the last CC that landed.

Anyhow, we have different opinions on the matter....

I think people should be able to use their characters to fight back against the players trying to kill them....you don't.

I do believe there is something broken in resolve, but more importantly why is 100% immobolize not part of the resolve bar? a 100% slow is a root and big CC, fix that as well.

^This

Roots are just as effective against stuns against melee characters and yet we have to deal with being chain rooted if we manage to live long enough to see a full resolve bar from the chain stuns.

This is exactly why I say get rid of Resolve. Just delete it.

Hell, if it was up to me I would delete the CC breaker skill as well.

Just add a CC immunity that corresponds to the last CC that landed.

Anyhow, we have different opinions on the matter....

I think people should be able to use their characters to fight back against the players trying to kill them....you don't.

I think more organized teams that have coordinated CC setup should faceroll the other team... not just having them all go at it and whoever brings more tracer missles wins...

I think more organized teams that have coordinated CC setup should faceroll the other team... not just having them all go at it and whoever brings more tracer missles wins...

Wow, you just don't get it.

There would still be CC, you would just have to work harder to make use of it.

You tell your friend that you are going to 4s stun some guy...you stun him. You friend waits a few seconds then CC's the same guy. In that time, you were able to CC the player (multiple players if your team is good). Focus fire one of the players down. Then decide where you want to go from there.

The only difference here is that the other team actually got to play their characters instead of your team "coordinating CC to faceroll them".

I know if you weren't able to chain-stun you wouldn't have any idea what to do, the other players would actually be able to fight back and that is no fun at all, now is it?