Seperate Power and Colour Crystals

Redundant

if literally .3% dps increase is worth more than you being a special snowflake then you should re-examine why you play video games.

and before you use the horrible rebuttal of "but the 1% wipes!" then you need to play better. there is no pve content currently in game that is tuned anywhere near that close.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's how they did it in KOTOR, so this makes perfect sense. Good idea OP.

The problem is making color crystals like the cyan and magenta (that requires groups and raids) worth having... and you really can't do that for just a cosmetic item.

Well, they look awesome, and that's the reason a lot of people want those crystals.

I'd personally want a white crystal, for example, not because of the stats, but because it functions as a status symbol and looks awesome.

The same applies to purple crystals, cyan cyrstals, magenta crystals, and the crystals with a dark core.

Edited by cdstephen

I'm glad so many people like this idea. But I have to be honest and say it wasn't my idea. A Co-Host of mine when we were recording a podcast suggested it. At the time I didn't even think of the idea.

The two solutions I suggest are my own thinking but the general idea goes to my mate and of course the many other people who have probably thought of it before.

Everyone seems to have the same colour lightsaber or blaster and I don't feel special or unique.

You know what would make you really special and unique? NOT being like the other lemmings, play with your red, green, or blue color crystal, and STILL wtfpwning them all.

I'd have tons more respect for a player like that, than some player who needs the best stat gear as a crutch to win.

Edited by Cerion

wait, you want to customize your character, the one you stare at every time you play, and develop some personal connection to them?

That IS NOT what the developers had in mind. You will like what you are given and be happy the developers even allow you to play!

I am all for this idea.

I love my yellow light saber but the color crystal is already pretty outdated. It would be nice to purchase a seperate color crystal

I think it should be

1. Color Crystals are still rare, although not impossible to get (see magenta)

2. Power Crystals should be easier to find and craft.

3. White Color Crystal

I am already bored of seeing every end game Sith using a purple or orange saber.

I support this idea as well. Bumps for ya ol chap.

As much as I like the stats on my Magenta Crystal, I would love to use my Green/Black Crystal from Razer but I know it would gimp me at this point at lvl 50.

If I remember from SWG, they had a system where the color was an option and the stats were from separate crystals like a Krayt Pearl.

As I said, don't need to create a new slot, just increase the values of the other mods.

But you do or all armours will need to have their stats tweaked to keep them in line.

If you increase the stats on mods and enhancements etc to make up for the loss of stats on the crystal, your increasing the stats on everything in the game which has a mod or an enhancement in it.

its far easier to just add a colour slot where you can add a second appearance colour crystal.

KOTOR system of colour crystal + power crystal would be second, but still quite a bit of work.

I was just listening through on the podcast and came to show my support. I totally agree with this idea. It would add a lot more variety to characters as well as permit more personal choice.

As mentioned in the podcast, I also love the crystals that came with my TOR Razer mouse, but I can't really use them on my Sentinel now that I'm at level 30.

Why not just make a crystal of each color at each stat level? For example, if the current best crystal is a +45 stat Magenta, then BW just needs to make a +45 in each of the other colors.

Then they add these other crystals into the loot tables of similar-level raids/flashpoints and boom: every color is available, and you've got another reason to hit that hard mode again, trying to get your +41 green/black crystal.

Seriously, this would solve all the stupid "OMG I WANT TEH PURPLZE" whines, people's inability to differentiate magenta from pink, and be closer to canon since most LS consist of emitter, focus crystal, and color crystal.

Closer to cannon? Off-topic; I wanna wear black, you know, as Luke did, the main protagonist in the original trilogy. But no, BW says I gotta wear white or brown, or that weird looking space suit that looks nothing like the orange rebel alliance suit but something closer to Dave's spacesuit in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Because BW know best.

Instead of giving us simple industry standards such as gear remodelling and color dye tools they just had to "innovate" the gear system. Atm. it is both clumsy and lacking.

GG BW!

Edited by darthtoph

Pre order people, simple solution: Add recipes for black/yellow color with current stats.

People complaining abt "min/max" w/ stats forces colors on you. I agree 100%. Devs- fix that **** already. They should all have equal stats.

That pretty much solves the issues right? Or was there a 3rd or 16th I missed?

This forum is horrible for getting ideas through, You have approximately 4 minutes to get a reply to a new post before it is lost forever.

I posted this same idea 2 days ago to no response.

All that BW needs to do is add a power crystal slot and remove stats from color crystals. And color crystal schematics can be unlocked the higher the level starting with green/blue/red at lv 1 and colors with black or other color inner glow at 400. You can add more shades and the customization you know the game should have.

Then they need to remove any alignment/faction restrictions on any color. I find it funny that the most popular Jedi saber master's color is restricted to the Sith.

This game is lacking in customization and every day more and more people are hitting 50 and seeing how limited their customization is. It's really hard to see customization when every time a good hybrid build becomes popular it gets ruined in the next patch. BioWare is taking the extreme method of keeping balance and it's leaking into other parts of the game.

This forum is horrible for getting ideas through, You have approximately 4 minutes to get a reply to a new post before it is lost forever.

I posted this same idea 2 days ago to no response.

The best way to keep it up is to track the thread and continue to post in it. That allows others to see it while keeping a (hopefully constructive) conversation going.

The best way to keep it up is to track the thread and continue to post in it. That allows others to see it while keeping a (hopefully constructive) conversation going.

Indeed. Again thank you guys for keeping the discussion alive. I don't like just bumping threads for no reason. You guys rock.

Lets keep the discussion going. Give perhaps new ideas on how to do this, we've heard some fantastic ideas already.

Also much love from everyone who got here from the podcast.

Maybe I'm just dense but I'm not understanding this, all color crystals have the same possible stats depending on tier...I can make a blue, yellow, green, or orange crystal with any of the stats that are available so why do you need to be stuck using a certain color for a certain stat...find an artificer and have them make you whatever color crystal you want with whatever stat you want....or am I totally misunderstanding this thread?

Maybe I'm just dense but I'm not understanding this, all color crystals have the same possible stats depending on tier...I can make a blue, yellow, green, or orange crystal with any of the stats that are available so why do you need to be stuck using a certain color for a certain stat...find an artificer and have them make you whatever color crystal you want with whatever stat you want....or am I totally misunderstanding this thread?

They must have changed it in a recent patch because the yellow crystals used to be better. I assumed it was because they required gemstones to make rather than colour crystals. Blue, green, and red crystals used to have +3 Random Stat where yellow ones would have +5 Random Stat at the same level.

I just looked through all the patch notes and didn't see anything about it, but I'm surprised to learn this. However, the power crystals would still be a good idea for the fact that it would allow players to change colour at will. The player could easily take out a statless green crystal and replace it with a statless blue crystal and all would be well. The player wouldn't have to search high and low to find the stat-relevant replacement for his or her colour crystal.

Closer to cannon? Off-topic; I wanna wear black, you know, as Luke did, the main protagonist in the original trilogy. But no, BW says I gotta wear white or brown, or that weird looking space suit that looks nothing like the orange rebel alliance suit but something closer to Dave's spacesuit in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Because BW know best.

Instead of giving us simple industry standards such as gear remodelling and color dye tools they just had to "innovate" the gear system. Atm. it is both clumsy and lacking.

GG BW!

Ummmm.

Canon. You know... the standard? Here=====>

Canon:

noun

an ecclesiastical rule or law enacted by a council or other competent authority and, in the Roman Catholic Church, approved by the pope.

the body of ecclesiastical law.

the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art: the neoclassical canon.

a fundamental principle or general rule: the canons of good behavior.

a standard; criterion: the canons of taste.