Darth Maul vs. Darth Tyranus

LordMaximum

As long as Darth Maul doesn't count Tyranus out in a fight like he did Obi Wan, i very well say Maul could defeat him. Maul pretty much destroyed Obi Wan in a rematch in the Clone Wars, and this is him years later as a Council Member. It'd be close, but I think Maul would be able to match up pretty well.

As long as Darth Maul doesn't count Tyranus out in a fight like he did Obi Wan, i very well say Maul could defeat him. Maul pretty much destroyed Obi Wan in a rematch in the Clone Wars, and this is him years later as a Council Member. It'd be close, but I think Maul would be able to match up pretty well.

I don't know about this... Dooku is one of the orders greatest swordsmen. He could probably hold his own against Mace Windu.

biggest mistake they made in that movie is killing maul so fast,

so they had to kill him off.....

I see a lot of people making the wrong assumptions. Yes , he was defeated in the movies yet , in case somebody still doesnt know. Darth Maul hasnt really been killed by Obi Wan in that duel. Yes he was bisected but yet somehow survived. Its all in the Clone Wars. Its all canon

"However, despite his bisection, Maul somehow survived his encounter with Kenobi and escaped to Lotho Minor, where he received cybernetic legs and remained for the next ten years in exile, loosing his memories as he was slowly driven mad. "

In my opinion , if we restricted the usage of Force powers in a duel between these two and stick it to lightsabers only - Darth Maul would win over Dooku.

Edited by krystianswtor

Darth Tyrannus would easily kill Darth Maul. Darth Maul was a pure fighter, but Count Dooku was a reknowned lightsaber duelist. Not to mention that he also had mastery in the force that can give him more weapons, such as lightning. Hell, he liked to talk smack during a fight to get you to do something stupid, if he finds you the type for it. Tyrannus was just a far more well rounded, complete threat.

Maul would get quartered up by Dooku.

Indeed. Tryannus was sophisticated, classy, yet vicious in combat. The only one I know of who out trolled trolling Kenobi lol.

"Surely you can do better!"

Indeed. Tryannus was sophisticated, classy, yet vicious in combat. The only one I know of who out trolled trolling Kenobi lol.

"Surely you can do better!"

Well he was his master's master. :p

Let's not forget that Qui-Gon went out of his way most notably at his own expense, to troll the Jedi Council.

Well he was his master's master. :p

Let's not forget that Qui-Gon went out of his way most notably at his own expense, to troll the Jedi Council.

" I will train him trololololol"

The look on their faces would be priceless.:rak_03:

Maul was reckless and focused to much on the here and now, or he would have foreseen what Obi Won was about to do. Tyranus was a scholar of the jedi arts as well as a master of the dark side, his knowledge and experience would help him destroy Maul. After he toyed with him of course.

The only reason why Maul lost that fight is because he was arrogant, the is no way he would have been put in that position against Dokuu, honestly in a straight up fight, Maul is from a culture that ravers melee combat. Sith warriors are skilled in defending against force attacks. so all of Dokuu's experience would have accounted for nothing compared to the skill of Maul.

well obi wan beat maul (as a padawan) and dooku beat obi wan (twice), so ill say tyranus

Yes, but when Obi beat Maul he was a padawan & his emotions got in the way of the fight. He was fighting with anger for his slain master.

& I doubt Tyranus could survive being sliced in half. Maul fights with anger & he fights hard. Tyanus fights with his ego.

Edited by Aedey

Dooku would beat Maul hands down in a saber or force duel hands down. Considering that he was an equal duelist with both Mace Windu and Yoda, whom beat and tied with Sidious respectively, and the fact that Sidious is far superior to Maul in both saber and force techniques, it only leads to conclude that Dooku would be the victor against Maul in any duel force or no force.

Tyranus. He has the luxury of having the wisdom of an ex -Jedi Master as well as the knowledge of the Sith Art. Not only that when he left the order he was one of the best duelist next to Windu and Yoda. THAT...and he could easily spar with General Grievous without even breaking a sweat.

Yes, but when Obi beat Maul he was a padawan & his emotions got in the way of the fight. He was fighting with anger for his slain master.

& I doubt Tyranus could survive being sliced in half. Maul fights with anger & he fights hard. Tyanus fights with his ego.

Seriously? Maul's ego is exactly what got em killed.

my money is on dooku.

sure he had a dumb name, but he was a cool slick old dude with a quick slashy saber.

maul was too flashy and it got him killed. dooku wouldnt slash sparks at someone hanging, he'd just force push them off their handhold and walk away. probably to get a nice glass of brandy.

I like this especially the brandy part. Or perhaps Jim Beam Devil's Cut?;)