The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Strongest 1v1 class?

NrOneHero

I'd have to think Mauraders/Sentinels are hands downs winners in a 1v1 octagon.

I will say I've seen a Hybrid Sorc/Sage attrition them to death as well, but they have to be lucky.

Anyone that thinks a Gunnery Commando and it's mirror can win a 1v1 vs a same skilled/geared player is delusional. Pls go play one. No interupt, one hard cc, one soft(cast time).

Say against a sorc.

Step 1. interupt grav/tracer and eliminate all synergies with those spells.

Step 2. Force stun the next grav - tracer

Step 3. interupt is up again

Step 4. knock back the 4th attempt

Step 5. Force stun is up again.

win.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say I've seen a Hybrid Sorc/Sage attrition them to death as well, but they have to be lucky.

Anyone that thinks a Gunnery Commando and it's mirror can win a 1v1 vs a same skilled/geared player is delusional. Pls go play one. No interupt, one hard cc, one soft(cast time).

Say against a sorc.

win.

Uh, Force stun has a 1-min cooldown. Can't be really up in 4 GCDs. They can WW you to buy time for their interrupt to unlock, though.

Edited by Helig

Say against a sorc.

win.

If there is no cover (as in duels), there is no way a dps sorc will win against a commando. Commando's in equivalent gear: A) do more damage, b) take less damage and there is no way a sorc can go toe-to-toe vs a commando. Even with a 3k shield that takes a gcd to cast.

With cover, it's a different story. (as in real world pvp). You can los grav rounds and dot them up forcing them to waste ammo on heals.

pro-tip: Force stun has a 1 min cooldown, don't mention it twice.

Edited by Orangerascal

For sure pyro/assault is better for pvp, tracer/grav round gets trained by any good player and their damage goes almost null.

this!

people often forget that not every build/tree is really viable for pvp. take the sentinels, they have three trees. one is a very bad idea for pvp, one has nice utilites but lacks damage. actually if you want to go sentinel in pvp your best bet is watchmann!

so if one is talking abut how good a class is in pvp it should take into account which build!

Observation: Most players ITT win most of their duels.

I do, too ;)

actually this is one of the best posts here.

currently the majority of players are not knowing much of their or other classes and are not very good at improvising in pvp so there is a minority that no matter what class they play will have the feeling they are the strongest.

some are faster in figuring out game mechanics others slower. this will balance out over time and then we will see what really needs to be balanced on the classes.

10-49 for wz 1v1? Hands down a rage jugg.

Force charge

force crush

force choke

-- 1/2 life 3-4 seconds into it --

smash for 3500-5500

if they arnt dead they are running / healing. if they healing either interrupt or force push. charge/force scream for giggles

Not sure after 50, i havnt come across too many matches with an equally geared 50. this rotation on a enemy with 15k+ hp doent work so well since you've just used up your burst without killing them and cant start over for about 15 seconds

when you say assasin/shadow only the tank specs for the class are good 1vs1 the full dps tree's for assasin/shadow cant stand toe to toe with anyone.

i beg to differ. im dps spec and except powertechs, nothing and no1 gives me trouble in 1on1. kinda funny tho cos in case of powertechs it doesnt even matter if they are good or a total scrub that class is just a joke. i maybe have a 50/50 ratio vs them while any other class/player is pretty much almost 100% win.

in terms of how hard it is id say

powertech

void

void

void

some more void

even more void

marauder (if well played)

assassin (if well played)

operative

jugg

merc

sniper

sorc

marauder (if played by standard scrub)

shadow (if played by standard scrub)

There aren't many good snipers so when people into one they don't know what to do but thats them not the class the sniper is beating. My main is valor 45 and leveled all through pvp and the 5% of classes that know what they are doing are a real problem.

My list is:

Marauder/Sentinel, Powertech/Mirror, and then I think Operative/Smuggler

Although I've noticed that alot of Operatives think they walk on water at times. They likely have not tried the other 2 powerhouse 1v1 classes. And I don't blame the PT's for being boastful cuz they are beastly and good sents are in such short supply (and 1v1 is rare) so you don't always notice that they could pwn you.

Edited by Ellvaan
Inappropriate Content (Pm'd)

when you say assasin/shadow only the tank specs for the class are good 1vs1 the full dps tree's for assasin/shadow cant stand toe to toe with anyone.

FALSE BLACK BEAR

BM infil shadow here, and if u feel that then you dont know how to play infil or balance but im sure ur a fine tank shadow.

i play all 3 a decent amoutn but main infil, which i find to be the most effective 1 v 1 albiet the hardest, u need to use all ur CD and use them correctly and mistakes made will bone u more then mistakes made while tank spec.

balance depends a lot more on who ur facing, if ur facing a burst class ur fuked, if ur facing someone who does sustain if you play correctly you should be

u should be able to kite any mele well enuf and with all our CC a ranged shouldnt be able to kite you 1 on 1.

since i got even half of my champ gear i havnt found anyone who could beat me in a duel on my server, granted havnt dueled many, but saying infil and balance is bad at it is just plain wrong.

FALSE BLACK BEAR

BM infil shadow here, and if u feel that then you dont know how to play infil or balance but im sure ur a fine tank shadow.

i play all 3 a decent amoutn but main infil, which i find to be the most effective 1 v 1 albiet the hardest, u need to use all ur CD and use them correctly and mistakes made will bone u more then mistakes made while tank spec.

balance depends a lot more on who ur facing, if ur facing a burst class ur fuked, if ur facing someone who does sustain if you play correctly you should be

u should be able to kite any mele well enuf and with all our CC a ranged shouldnt be able to kite you 1 on 1.

since i got even half of my champ gear i havnt found anyone who could beat me in a duel on my server, granted havnt dueled many, but saying infil and balance is bad at it is just plain wrong.

A hybrid will poop all over a pure Infiltration.

How about the best class is whatever the best 1v1 player is using....? class doesn't matter when you've got skill, as my sniper has shown every sorcerer i've ever 1v1'd

If there is any sort of LoS you should lose as a sniper to any half decent sorc. You should win if there isn't LoS.

If there is any sort of LoS you should lose as a sniper to any half decent sorc. You should win if there isn't LoS.

Yup, thats why i actually try and fight them in close quarter (go figure right?) and just use my knockbacks (I'm MM so i have knockback on ambush) It's true, if i run into someone better then me I will lose, you have to admit though that the majority of people playing sorc are pretty bad, if you disrupt that lighting cast, most just go down. My point was that anyone could be best with any class if they are smart enough, I.E. this thread is really only opinion based, so without explanation as to why a class is the best, the point they made is invalid, but whatevs, people are entitled to their opinions cause of the Bill of Independence er whatever haha