The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hardest 1v1?

NrOneHero

Shadows/Assassins are hard counter's to PT's. Their ability to use incredibly strong defensive cool downs during most of our "burst" time frame, along with being able to reset the fight, makes them come out on top in a 1vs1 between equally geared and equally skilled players.

When they make themselves immune to dots, a PT's damage is lowered to only a small fraction of what it is.

Shadows/Assassins are hard counter's to PT's. Their ability to use incredibly strong defensive cool downs during most of our "burst" time frame, along with being able to reset the fight, makes them come out on top in a 1vs1 between equally geared and equally skilled players.

When they make themselves immune to dots, a PT's damage is lowered to only a small fraction of what it is.

This.

Maras are a pain, but just save your stun for their cheat death ability and you are fine with them. (And keep moving, and firing, never go toe to toe with them which a lot of people seem to like to do)

Sin's on the other hand as Humankeg said would be the closet thing to a direct counter we have. Especially the damn ones that vanish/lolwater/and jump back in to the fight. Your best bet is try to frontload as much burst at the start as possible so if they come back after vanish your health won't be terribly low and can come out on the top.

As an added note because I never looked it up, what's the cooldown on their dot immunity thing?

I have no idea what people are talking about saying sins/shadows are a hard counter. Their "strong defensive CD" gives 50% avoidance to ranged and melee attacks, and most of our damage is tech and bypasses it entirely.

- Tank sins/shadows mitigate 18% of our elemental damage because of their buff/talents but other than that just have a 3-sec ability to resist all tech attacks, 5 seconds with talents. That is not nearly enough defense to stop a Pyrotech onslaught. I spend those 5 seconds I spend thinking "you're just delaying the inevitable."

- Deception/Infiltration is easily one of the easiest classes to 1v1 for me, won't even get into that.

- Madness/balance is the most painful kind of sin/shadow to go up against, but it just turns into a DPS race. A DPS race where I mitigate 42% of their melee weapon damage (30% from armor + 12% from expertise) - and thrash crits are a large source of DPS for that spec - while they only mitigate 9% of my elemental damage, and mitigate almost nothing from my Rail Shots, which crit for 3.5k unbuffed, 3k against champ/BM armor, and can be knocked off once every few seconds. I don't mitigate any of their DoT damage, but all 3 of their dots at once don't even do half my health in damage over their full duration, and it takes way less than their full duration to kill a Madness sin.

tl;dr - It must be a non-Pyro thing, because as Pyro sins and shadows are some of my easiest prey. My hardest 1v1s are Marauders who can pop their 99% damage reduction ability, while at the same time my Energy Shield is on CD. Also a good lethality sniper who gets the jump on me from range and has all of his CC abilities up. Neither will definitely beat me but they've got the best chance out of anybody.

Edited by Mhak

This.

Maras are a pain, but just save your stun for their cheat death ability and you are fine with them. (And keep moving, and firing, never go toe to toe with them which a lot of people seem to like to do)

Sin's on the other hand as Humankeg said would be the closet thing to a direct counter we have. Especially the damn ones that vanish/lolwater/and jump back in to the fight. Your best bet is try to frontload as much burst at the start as possible so if they come back after vanish your health won't be terribly low and can come out on the top.

As an added note because I never looked it up, what's the cooldown on their dot immunity thing?

Good marauders save the trinket for that since they know most people will save their stuns for their Undying Rage. Also, you will not be able to kite a good marauder.

I have no idea what people are talking about saying sins/shadows are a hard counter. Their "strong defensive CD" gives 50% avoidance to ranged and melee attacks, and most of our damage is tech and bypasses it entirely.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/3qAwuaY/force-shroud

Research is your friend sir.

Add that to their other cooldowns available and a well played Sin is, our direct counter.

Edited by exphryl

Add that to their other cooldowns available and a well played Sin is, our direct counter.

Also, add the ability to heal 12% of their HP two to three times per fight with Harnessed Force Lightning (uninterruptible), 10% from Overcharge Saber, plus all the healing they get from Dark Charge procs. He also forgot to include the 5% damage debuff from whither, so that bumps elemental/internal resistance to 24%, and and all others to 45-50%. They also get close to 50% shield chance with Dark Ward, so your Rail Shot will be heavily mitigated, that's if it hits (Saber Ward).

I never lost a 1vs1 to a powertech as a Darkness assassin.

Edited by Krytycal

He actually did bring that up. I find sins pretty cake as a ST/Pyro, he summed it up pretty well if you read his post at all. It's also easy to just kite them out 4m when they have CDs up too. Vanish or stealth? Oh please, infrared sensors allows me to reliably get the out of stealth all the time. I have yet to be reliably jumped by sins.

I find Marauders to be the biggest pain out of everyone. Carbonize him when he uses undying rage, it doesn't build full resolve. If he breaks out hit him with electro dart and you're set.

He actually did bring that up. I find sins pretty cake as a ST/Pyro, he summed it up pretty well if you read his post at all. It's also easy to just kite them out 4m when they have CDs up too. Vanish or stealth? Oh please, infrared sensors allows me to reliably get the out of stealth all the time. I have yet to be reliably jumped by sins.

I find Marauders to be the biggest pain out of everyone. Carbonize him when he uses undying rage, it doesn't build full resolve. If he breaks out hit him with electro dart and you're set.

Assassins (darkness) get two slows with a 10-15m range, one of them lasts 18secs. Also, their big hitters (Force Lightning, Shock) have a 10m range. You are not going to kite a decent assassin.

Can't really kite a decent Assassin for any extended period of time.

They can reset the fight with vanish, and open on you again. A good Assassin will easily be able to avoid being detected by stealth probes btw. Its the bad oens that just run in a straight line prior to stealthing.

They can make themselves immune to dots lowering your damage dealth by a significant marging.

They have other defenseive cd's which also negate a decent amount of your damage.

This is not to say I haven't beat assassins, nor that it is impossible. This is to say that Assassins are a direct counter to pts, and that is fine. I don't find any other classes any where near a counter.

A PT shouldn't be able to beat a Marauder or sin if each fighter is of equal skill and gear.

Your only hope against a marauder is well timed CC and to kite.

Our damage can be extremely spiky if timed well with thermal det and rail shot, just use your cryo first, if they break it theyre bad, nub their health down with railshot and flameburst and use your defensive cooldowns, then when they hit 20%~ish throw a thermal det stun them and then railshot with your full cooldown hits. Hope they crit and go for the damage, just gotta surprise them with your damage before they pop their defensive cds.

Marauders tend to hit their defensive cds around 1-10%, you can stun them if you want to kill them.

Dont trinket anything other than force choke too.

Oh and that's just for fighting bad marauders, the good ones should be able to just flat out destroy you.

Edited by BendakStarkiller

Only things that are "hard" for me to kill or other PTs or Vanguards(duh..).

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=2155

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=1847

depends on spec ofc but as pyro there is nobody that isnt in trouble after the initial burst. burn them down to 50% health before they know whats happening and no matter what CDs they use you will win.