The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hardest 1v1?

NrOneHero

in an Ion cell spec, Sorcs/Sages. They go through armor, have bubbles absorb all the burst, and if they're heal spec you will never be able to kill them alone.

i don't play tactics so i don't really know for them, but with assault probably an Ion cell vanguard or powertech equivalent.

But in 1v1 sans health pickups I normally only lose to heal spec sorcs.

in an Ion cell spec, Sorcs/Sages. They go through armor, have bubbles absorb all the burst, and if they're heal spec you will never be able to kill them alone.

i don't play tactics so i don't really know for them, but with assault probably an Ion cell vanguard or powertech equivalent.

But in 1v1 sans health pickups I normally only lose to heal spec sorcs.

Incorrect, most of their damage is energy, so it does gets mitigated by armor. Shield absorb, on the other hand is a whole different matter.

I can't seem to beat competent Marauders 1v1.

Good marauders are probably one of the toughest fights for us. When they pop there dmg shield you need to stun and wait for the buff to drop. If you attack them it will refresh. If things start going south for them they will pop their in combat 3s vanish and you have to be quick with stealth scan. Smart ones will pop undying rage when they are at 20% or less health. Luckily for us there seem to be very few competent marauders/sents.

I'd say competent Marauders/Sents are the beasts in 1vs1. They can burn me down before i bring their health to 50 %.

Some Shadows/Assassins can make the fight a close one too, but its rare.

Against the rest of the classes I manage fine. Agents/Smugglers are pretty easy to take down, although some Operatives/Scoundrels know how to work their class.

Majority of Mercs/Commandos just spam their "1-button wonder" and look dumb when you interupt them, still mashing the key :D I often kill those guys without losing more than 5 % health. The "non-tracer-grav-monkeys" can hurt bad in 1vs1. However that build is much less popular and not many players actually know how to make it work.

Guardian/Juggernaut are rarely a big challenge. They just can survive a bit longer. Majority of them can even be kited to death.

Against PT/Vanguards all depends on gear and some skill. Whoever got better ability rotation usually wins. Sometimes even without getting below 50 % health.

I have yet to meet these "competent" marauders lol....I strongly dislike sorceres tho. I always end up hating the uber caster type in mmos. Stupid frost mages...for example.

Sorcs are probably my worst too. I'm starting to get a decent rotation so I at least survive and make it a decent fight. But usually they end up kickin my butt....

Sorcs are probably my worst too. I'm starting to get a decent rotation so I at least survive and make it a decent fight. But usually they end up kickin my butt....

Same. They have to be pretty good to best me (not bragging, just stating they arent overly op) but if I run into the same skilled sorc in a warzone over and over.....he is gonna keep sending me back to the med center....

I have yet to meet these "competent" marauders lol....I strongly dislike sorceres tho. I always end up hating the uber caster type in mmos. Stupid frost mages...for example.

I've met one or two marauders like that. Scary. They are my primary target, unless they are guarded.

I also sometimes run with a similarly skilled Sentinel, guard him and assist him. A bloodbath ensues, and they are like an ad for Duracell, never stopping, never slowing down, never exhausted...

What does cloak of pain look like? I always get confused if I am seeing saber ward =/ I also vote marauders they destroy me as carolina parakeet. I can hurt them but unless I get the jump and am able to kite a bit I get eaten up.

Hmm weird, I got a 600 expertise sorc and vanguards (the ones specced on the right side tree) kill me so fast there is nothing i can do, even with my shield up

How are you having trouble vs sorc? whats your spec?

In my case I'm a lvl 37 Vangaurd Shield Spec. But as I was saying I think my main problem is I don't have a good rotation mastered yet.

IN theory from what i've read on other threads a good Vangaurd, even shield spec not DPS, rotation should make Sorcs no problem. So in my case it's more player problem than class.

I find sorcs to be so easy. Everything they have that is worthwhile has a cast bar(I never lose to classes that rely on long activating spells/abilities) so I usually wait for lightning, interrupt that, set'em on fire, HIB, plastique, stockstrike, pulse and by that time they're at half health. Now they panic and start trying to spam heals and I cryo, now they're 1/4 health and maybe they bubble but it no longer matters.

Assault spec ftw.

Good Focus Sentinels/Guardians (Rage Marauders/Juggernauts) were pretty much impossible to beat pre-patch. I haven't fought them post surge nerfs, so things might be a little different now. A good Scoundrel/Operative is also pretty hard. If they get a clean vanish and I miss the Stealth Scan, it's usually GG.

Marauders are getting worse and worse, and their numbers are increasing rapidly on my server. Most of them are still learning, but good ones are just insane.

Last time I met a good one, even with bubble all my cds and relic popped and WZ Expertise buff picked up, he dropped me from full health to 0 in about 12s while keeping more than 80% after eating up my assault rotation. I was out of his melee range for more than half of that fight.

I am in full champion armor and he isn't battlemaster yet, I am sure.

No other class in the game makes me feel really outmatched.

They have massive arsenal of tricks to stay in range. Stun on jump, Force choke, Obliterate short range jump, speed buffs and absolutely ridiculous dots..they just need to stay in touch for 3 gcds and I can say goodbye to more than half of my HP.

If I manage to get through their initial leaps and cds and kite them in our sweetspot range, I can manage, but then they pop Force Camouflage to disrupt my range and they will be in Force Leap range or in melee range.

And that 6s immortality bubble right at the end, that's the final kick in the nuts. But I guess the solution for that is to save Cryo for that or kill them with a burst while they still think they are in comfort range.

I am thinking about rolling one and seeing how the class works to learn all its cds and tactics...

edit: Looking at their dynamic (Annihilation marauders seem to be most depressing), I am thinking about following tips:

- grapple before he can force charge (prevents him to generate rage), if I know he is going after me.

- Degauss to remove Force Charge root, start running and snare him. If HTL, now is the good time to use it.

- keep CC break for Force Choke to avoid wasting HTL. Eating Berserked dots + force choke = hell.

- stay in 5-10m range.

- Keep Cryo grenade in reserve for his imba immortality bubble.

- watch out for Force Camouflage.

- pray and hope someone listens. Ideally a healer on your team...

Edited by Riulassher