Give me a legitimate reason to NOT have a LFD tool.

EvilTrollGuy

There is nothing solid in that. The community element should never be mandatory for players to experience the content. Including group content. In 2012 with weird schedules, that's not realistic.
says the person whining on a community forum about how there should be no community in a community orientated game?

yeah ok.

if its not solid, be my guest to systematically tear it apart.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you refuse to restart, then wait on the server transfer option that everyone knows is coming, stand around on your dead server and troll the forums all you like while the rest of us have fun in our thriving server communities and get groups with little to no effort without a LFD cross server tool.

in your words, this is a "cute" attempt at a troll though.

We already responded to that nonsense.

says the person whining on a community forum about how there should be no community in a community orientated game?

yeah ok.

if its not solid, be my guest to systematically tear it apart.

Nonsense. Stop trolling. Prove that it is a community oriented game or shut up.

Facts:

Bioware announced in 2009 that this game would also be for working dads with limited playtime who can't sign for countless hours of chat just to experience the content. A cross server tool is the continuity and the solution for them.

- there is no social games.

- there is no community efforts required outside of group PvE content.

- stop trolling. you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by Ethern

We don't need a tool that will make you so lazy you won't even move your character from GTM after logging in, we need a tool to make looking for group easier, like a global LFG chanell that you join, a clearly visible window with other people looking for groups.

If dungeon finder gets implemented so soon it will absolutely destroy ToR. It will make the game boring and forums will be full of whines like "I have nothing else to do in ToR except doing FPs", and that's because they are actually too lazy to get out of the Fleet, they just press the damn button because that's the easiest thing to do.

I can live with Dual Spec, but I will not be able to live with Dungeon Finder for lazy "I only have a couple of hours a week" players that clearly picked the wrong game to play if they don't have time for it.

And some people wouldn't not press Dungeon Finder either way, because they don't want to do them anyway. You'd still wait in a queue for ages. it's about people not the tool they are given. I remember trying to look for some groups and I remember that I whispered ALL people at my level on the server, none of them wanted to go. You think a LFD would change their mind? I honestly doubt it.

Not to sound like a jerk here, but clearly you didn't play WoW before the LFG tool was put in. There was high accountability, often if you acted with the kind of attitude you're using in this post, your reputation as a player was ruined on that server and you never got into any kind of dungeon or raid as long as you stayed on it. Your only option was to start over fresh on a new server.

As for the master loot comment, there is no master loot option in flashpoints that i am aware of. i've never seen it used if there is, nor would people run with someone in a flashpoint if there were and the group leader turned it on.

If you are not for a "community element" game, then you're going to be in for a bit of a surprise. the community element is already built in, hence the social rank system. There are a lot of MMO veterans here and we enjoy having a friendly community on our servers. We like getting along with the other players on our server. If we wanted a bunch of people with a bad attitude, we'd stay on Warcraft. But we're not on warcraft. We're on ToR and we want it to be a good game with a friendly community, so more players will come join us and have fun.

What we don't like is the elitist and entitled attitude we see from younger players. We generally auto-ignore people like that who go on a rant over chat. We're here to have fun, we've been around for a long time. We know what works, and what doesn't.

A LFG tool would work, if it is restricted to only find people from our server.

This is probably the best argument "for" that I've read so far.

What if we were given the choice between intra server or cross server and they instituted perks for those who chose "intra"?

Nonsense. Stop trolling. Prove that it is a community oriented game or shut up.

Facts:

Bioware announced in 2009 that this game would also be for working dads with limited playtime who can't sign for countless hours of chat just to experience the content. A cross server tool is the continuity and the solution for them.

- there is no social games.

- there is no community efforts required outside of group PvE content.

- stop trolling. you don't know what you are talking about.

1/10 for trolling.

This is probably the best argument "for" that I've read so far.

What if we were given the choice between intra server or cross server and they instituted perks for those who chose "intra"?

That's one of the worst argument. Community element is not required to make a mere flashpoint of experience the content. PuG'ing is not an anormal way to play a MMO. Prejudices and misconceptions are strong in this one.

As for the choice, I'm all for it and that's what we suggested in the 1000+ posts thread about the LFG tool.

The game is completely lacking in a community already, people already ninja and accountablity is non-existant ALREADY. What are you going to do, stand in the fleet and spam to a few dozen people that so-and-so is a ninja? as if the other 99.9% of the players are going to find out about it? Are you going to go to EVERY single planet and spam it there as well to try to get the word out? Ask people to do it? No one cares what happened to YOUR group.

Give me a break people. You dont like the idea of a LFD? Dont use it, spam for LFG like you are now. Your problem IS NOT that there may be a LFD tool, YOUR problem is that Bioware made a Single player RPG with online capabilites and not a full fledged MMORPG.

Enjoy your instanced zones that rarely ever have a decent amount of people in them and stop trying to limit those that are trying to get around that design and pretend this is a normal MMO by finding groups easier.

cute , you think those people are the minority when they are the majority.Very few people are whiling to restart their now lvl 50 charater on a different server because their server is dead; most will just quit. Cant wait for the upcoming Cross-Server LFD .

I think Vul has it right. There are a lot more older players here than the younger generation. We saw what happened in warcraft.

A LFG is a fine idea, restricted to your server when it comes to flashpoints.

Also on the population thing, remember that the game is only a few months old, the servers are still filling up. I personally have observed nearly all U.S. servers having a Heavy rating during peak hours. During the early morning and afternoon of course they are marked as Light when most people are working. A cross-server LFG tool will hardly help the fact that most people work during the day. It's not going to fix the problem of " I cannot find a group" because the players are just not on during that time.

Come back to it later, it's not the end of the world if you do not get into a group right at that moment.

Restarting is not that bad either. I've done it a few times. Made a new character, tried a different advanced class. It was actually a lot of fun trying out the warrior story line as a juggernaut compared to a marauder. Sure the story was the same, but with the play style being different, it felt new and challenging again.

Community? Lol! This game has the worst community I've ever seen. Never seen so many ninjalooters in my life. Although to be fair I'm beginning to suspect a lot of those are actually gold farmers as they never say a single word. People you group up with are usually ok, but gods help you out in the field while leveling.

I must have a fully different version of the game than you.

I am exactly the opposite on each and every point you made....lol.

I just have to point out that saying ridiculous things like "It's what all modern MMOs should implent" just like Dual Spec makes you a complete idiot in my eyes.

You clearly want to carry over all the features that you used in other games so you feel warm and cosy and then have a reason to call it a "wow clone".

Yes, some things were invented for Warcraft! some were not, but we are talking about a major thing here. Probably the worst feature Blizzard has ever implemented in their whole life.

But go ahead and scream "I can't get people to join my party". A LFD will not change their minds!! It will be the same! This is not the answer. They won't join your damn party either way, because perhaps they don't want to.

....But go ahead and scream "I can't get people to join my party". A LFD will not change their minds!! It will be the same! This is not the answer. They won't join your damn party either way, because perhaps they don't want to.

heh....oh man the truth hurts !!!

lol.

I just have to point out that saying ridiculous things like "It's what all modern MMOs should implent" just like Dual Spec makes you a complete idiot in my eyes.

You clearly want to carry over all the features that you used in other games so you feel warm and cosy and then have a reason to call it a "wow clone".

Yes, some things were invented for Warcraft! some were not, but we are talking about a major thing here. Probably the worst feature Blizzard has ever implemented in their whole life.

But go ahead and scream "I can't get people to join my party". A LFD will not change their minds!! It will be the same! This is not the answer. They won't join your damn party either way, because perhaps they don't want to.

Dude, stop posting. You have no experience with xserverlfds. That is obvious in your post.

Edited by Darkulous