Get it out of my chest..

LunarW

Im dissapointed.. 2 months into the game.. im boored. Rather play Mass Effect. Better Single player game. Im republic. Never more than 15 ppl in a zone. I spot imps once a week. Lots of basic points not there. no customizable interface.. no market.. no macros..

general chat dead quiet.. Looks nice and sleak but its all dead! yuk!

..ahh feel so much better now.. flame on!

I've always wondered when people complain about being bored with an MMO after they hit the level cap. Do they expect infinite, fresh content?

I mean I loved Mass Effect but two weeks after I got it I finished it and that was that. So your two months of happy TOR gaming seem ok to me.

Edited by Elbrop

Their content speed will never please the hardcore (who honestly need to get a life if they're crying about BioWare's content speed, it's on par with Trions who are damn quick compared to the mmo which we will not name).

That said, I think they're doing a grand job on content release / bug fixes. Love the fact that weekly they fix a fair chunk.

I've always wondered when people complain about being bored with an MMO after they hit the level cap. Do they expect infinite, fresh content?

Don't be fooled because so much of what TOR does right is dedicated to the story-based leveling experience, which effectively ends at max level until new content is released. The fact that tens of thousands of people, including myself, have played max level characters for years in other MMOs suggests that there is nothing inherently boring about being at max level.

It's a matter of what is available to do and whether the game provides the features, options, community, and atmosphere that any given individual is looking for.

For some people TOR will succeed in that area, for others it doesn't. The same can be said for every other MMO out there.

Edited by Wiggin

Their content speed will never please the hardcore (who honestly need to get a life if they're crying about BioWare's content speed, it's on par with Trions who are damn quick compared to the mmo which we will not name).

That said, I think they're doing a grand job on content release / bug fixes. Love the fact that weekly they fix a fair chunk.

You know, Rift was fun to play at release. Rifts were fun to do. The dynamic content that sprung up out of nowhere was exciting. I had a sense I was constantly in danger at times.

Anywhere in the SWTOR universe is populated by 3 NPC enemies standing around in a circle. It's just boring and lame, there's just no other way to put it.

Even if they add a hundred new flashpoints and Ops... the gameworld will still be dead.

I don't think anyone signed up for 'Star Wars: The Old Instances'

This can happen if you only play one char and rush to max level. I have a level 50 Jedi Shadow and enjoyed playing him very much. But I am also getting into my other 6 chars I am leveling. I normally go lightside, but wanted to try a Sith Warrior who is basically a no care, mean rascal. While I sometimes know I would never make those decisions in RL like I do with him, I find it interesting and fun to play one which is totally different from my other chars. If you can'nt approach this game like that, then you will end up bored..as you are now.

I mean I loved Mass Effect but two weeks after I got it I finished it and that was that. So your two months of happy TOR gaming seem ok to me.

The game is boring before the level cap too.

Ok. I just hit the lvl cap. I did have a good time playing the game but very much as singleplayer game. Every time I bumped into a an Imp my pulse would go up! .. only that was to rare.. I did play Rift to and even though SWTOR is a much better looking game (great in many other ways to) Rift was still a better MMO. More pvp conflict. Not just in war-/battlefronts. Swtor.. to much of a (deserteted) themepark. I played this game for two months and now (as it usuallly is) leave it feeling a bit sad.. I could have been better .. ofc.. Anyway its a huge advance from Star Wars Galaxies. Now that was a lame game! :) May the force be with you all!

Rather play Mass Effect.

This is interesting to me.

I'd 'love' to play Mass Effect, because I hear it's cool story, and there are 2 of them, and a 3rd on the way. I sat down, and tried to play it, but I don't get very far. Even on super, super easy mode.

Mechanically, I can't stand it.

Which is why I guess I like MMOs, because they all pretty much play the same way, and most (some newer ones like Vindictus aside) are still based on rolling dice. Which is why we have global cool downs. They are (awesome) left over remnants of technological limitations and simultaneously simulated DnD combat cycles, which is a nice big old slab of comfort food for me.

Without this, everything would be push-go-faster, hibatiously Ameri...'competitive' 1% fests, and I wouldn't have anything to play.

Which would really be a bummer, because then I wouldn't have anything to do. :(